Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline2ndRevolution
Stranger
Verticlillium! help!
    #3398844 - 11/23/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey folks....i got couple bins of whole brown rice pints,dub end cased, some first flush some 2nd some 3rd, all infected with verticillium. got textbook symtoms: fuzzy small caps, dry bubbles, fruits bending back on themselves, spiting (more like sredding),and brown stripes along stipes. i have already decreased humidity (wich was super high) and added an extra fanning. i have had a few cakes in the past do this (at the time i thought they were just genetic retards)but never as wide spred as this. so my questions:
1) is it possible to pull em out of this or do i have to scrap em?
2) are the fruits safe to eat? i have in the past not knowing the cause and i hear that others have done this and we all lived, but is there a final word on if they are healthy to eat?
3) has any one used the baking soda spray treatment on verticillium or know any of the details of it's use?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Verticlillium! help! [Re: 2ndRevolution]
    #3400239 - 11/23/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeesh, if I were you, and were extremely desperate to salvage these fruits, I'd spend awhile googling around. . .'verticillium', 'consumption', 'toxins', etc. I don't know of mycotoxins associated with it, but that doesn't mean there aren't. Even though there are 'textbook symptoms' that doesn't necessarily mean that's ALL that's going on with these cakes. Verticillium is easily spread, and it sounds like prior episodes are carrying over to subsequent cakes. Personally, I'd scrap 'em. Bleach the hell out of everything and start over. If you do choose to salvage them, do some research. . .the information is out there. If you come across anything interesting, please let us know; I'd do it myself, but I'm in a bit of a rush tonight.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum