Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
enchanted wizardof rhythm
stopped cake growth durring colonization
    #3398438 - 11/23/04 03:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have three cakes that have to my eye look like they have compleatly stoped all growth. They are over a month old, about 92 to 97% colonized, depending on the cake. There are only two holes for inoculation per jar (my mistake), but no tape on the holes. Water content is fine. One cake is starting to pin in the jar. They have been kept at incubation tempeture for the last 2 or 3 weeks at the start they were too cold. I think they might be running out of air? I have been thinking about opening the jars and wave in some fresh air and close the jars again. Or possibly dunnking, cutting out nucolonized area and then rolling and birthing. What do you guys think I should do? These jars have been so frustrating even without having to deal with contams.

the jent

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: stopped cake growth durring colonization [Re: jent]
    #3398473 - 11/23/04 03:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

On my first attempt too and experienced the same problem. I flipped mine and waited and they finished colonizing. I would say if there pinning in the jar your not lacking air. I would flip and wait a few more days and see how it goes.

I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3398505 - 11/23/04 03:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The ones that are pinning I would take out of the jars, cut off any uncolonized portion, and dunk and roll that baby and get it in the fruiting chamber.

In fact, all of them that are above 95% colonized (and have remained that way for over a week), I would cut off the uncolonized 5% and dunk and roll.

Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

#3398511 - 11/23/04 03:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

the last 10% is the slowest, if it looks like the myc cant get to the substrate because its pushed against the glass just flip it. the one that is pinning i would fruit now, scrape away the part that isnt colonized before fruiting. you can also do that with all of them if u want, its really not a problem that the last 3% isnt colonized, just make sure your not leaving big parts of uncolonized moist substrate in open air for contams to take over.

"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation