Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIksrFo
Stranger
Still no Pins
    #3397688 - 11/23/04 11:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am about six weeks into my PF Tek and still no pins. I have seven stable and well colonized cakes. My 1/2 pint cakes are fruiting in coke bottles right now. when I first started i dropped the cakes in the bottles with a damp paper towel and stored them on closet shelves with a constant temp of 77F and continued to fan twice daily.

Since, I have noticed two types of development. One is thick clusters of Myc on various spots of three cakes. The other is a great deal of fluffy Myc covering the top and sides of two others. And no such growth of either on the other two.So with that i dropped the temp to 70F to initiate pinning.

So how long if at all can i expect development?

Also is air exchange so important that i need to fan more often?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Still no Pins [Re: IksrFo]
    #3397707 - 11/23/04 12:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

first, smell for contams, yes air exchange especially right before pinning is crucial. Keep fanning and introduce some light, should be soon.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3397932 - 11/23/04 01:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i think your begging for contams with wet paper towels, i cant see them keeping the humidity @ 100%, you would really reep benefits from spending $5 on some perilite.

the thicker fluffy stuff is tomentose(i always spell it wrong?) and isnt really inducive to pinning, it can form pins, but not nearly as readily as rhizomorphic, which is probably the other type you mentioned, it looks like mycellium highways to me, thick veiny type jobs streching from one point to another.

air exchange is very important to convince the cakes to pin up, you need to slow down/stop the consumption of substrate so that they prepare for fruiting. it usually takes about a week or two if you do it right, but shittly taken care of cakes can easily take months to fruit. if you dont see any pins within like 15 days i would cold shock them over night. (put them in the fridge, so the temp drops and it stops/slows down consuming substrate.)

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineIksrFo
Stranger
Re: Still no Pins [Re: amyloid]
    #3403327 - 11/24/04 01:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OK, if i were to switch over to perilite about how much would be suitable for each bottle?

OfflineHughHefner
No, Really!! I'mHugh Hefner
Loc: Middle of the Ocean
    #3403438 - 11/24/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

First I would like to say that Im new to this, but I have read just about every tek I could find. The other posters responses mean a lot more than mine. I just thought I would respond for the first time and try to help someone out.

With that said, I had a similar problem while pining at those temps, just with a different setup. My cakes were not pining and after I made a couple changes, the next day they started to grow like crazy. I raised the temp to 75-76, and brought up the humidity. The next day, pins everywhere. This may have just been a timing thing. Meaning they may have pined anyway had I just waited, but it happend just like that. Good luck

Offlinefloydguitar
smooth guitarist

Re: Still no Pins [Re: HughHefner]
    #3403613 - 11/24/04 02:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

put about an inch in each bottle with about a 1/2 inch of water. good luck.

OfflineIksrFo
Stranger
Re: Still no Pins [Re: floydguitar]
    #3403792 - 11/24/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks to all, I hope it works out

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation