Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekingkoopa
Stranger

Leaving PMP Alone for a couple of days?
    #3397407 - 11/23/04 10:11 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

So I'm about to head home for the thanksgiving break... I'll be leaving tonight and coming back in right about 48 hours--Thursday night. I have 8 cakes in my PMP, all in various stages of pinning or fruiting...

What should I do if I have to leave town for a little bit? Should I harvest all the ones that are close to maturity and leave the other ones? If one of them does mature while I'm gone (just before it starts to drop spores), would it hurt if I wasn't able to harvest it until the next day? Could I just leave the light off to retard their growth, or would that have too adverse of an effect on my yield?

Also, what is the longest you can dunk them for, safely? under 48 hours, right?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineatomic1
enthusiast

Re: Leaving PMP Alone for a couple of days? [Re: kingkoopa]
    #3397470 - 11/23/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

I'd go ahead and pick the ones that are mature or close to it. It shouldn't hurt anything if a few mature in the day you're gone. Leave your lighting schedule the same as it is. Leaving the light off wouldn't retard the growth, actually shrooms grow more in the dark.

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Leaving PMP Alone for a couple of days? [Re: kingkoopa]
    #3397914 - 11/23/04 01:05 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Yea it doesn't matter what you do really.  Your shrooms can handle 48 hours of neglect.

Worst case scenario is that the ones that are almost mature will open all the way up, drop spores all over the smaller ones under them and make them look black, and then the mature caps will have a wilted look to them.

Still potent, still good. :thumbup:

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Leaving PMP Alone for a couple of days? [Re: atomic1]
    #3397953 - 11/23/04 01:18 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

actually shrooms grow more in the dark.

i disagree, i think they grow at a constant rate no matter the light conditions, maybe because when its dark your sleeping and not checking on them as much they seem to grow faster, because u dont have a bearing on trully how long youve last checked them? or maybe you just by chance have the dark cycle going when they are streching the most? if mush grew faster in the dark, i wouldnt use light after initiating pins.

to the poster!: yea man dont worry im doing the same thing, you just gotta deal with the mess of billions of spores all over the god damn place. give them a good fanning right before you leave for good luck. thats my plan.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation