Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Science as a vice [Re: Phluck]
    #3408584 - 11/25/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This has proven to be an interesting thread, quite the interchange of perspectives be happenin' up in this bitch. :lol:

So it seems that the consensus is that science itself, which is basically an investigative tool, is not responsible for the obstructions of free idea exchange and the advancement of understanding, but the people using the tool themselves? This seems reasonable to me - the microscope is crystal-clear, it is the aging man with the cataracts that isn't seeing reality clearly. :wink:

Science obviously is an extremely powerful tool in regards to the vast domain it has influence over, and imperfect humans with their imperfect understandings and their faults of character have unawarely misused science and the results of science. It's like leaving a two year old with a computer - you have to hope that the kid will grow up to learn how to operate the computer on his own without destroying the computer in the process. :lol:

Anyways, clearly science is limited by two things - the realm that science can encompass and the people using science. In the case of the former, science's realm naturally expands with the unobstructed usage of science itself - one question naturally produces more questions. In the case of the latter, people need to evolve as human beings before they will collectively begin to properly use science (as well as every other tool). The fact that we have gotten as far as we have suggests that we are getting there, as we have had no operation manuals along the way.

So, essentially, ja, I don't really know where I am going with this, apparently that is all the farther I intended on going. :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Science as a vice [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3409614 - 11/25/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

maybe in the future we'll all be superhumans.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom