Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange
    #3396845 - 11/23/04 04:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i made a fruiting chamber out of a small clear plastic container (about 10in x 5in base and 8in high) just big enough for 2 cakes. it has a hole drilled in the top where i put a small light fixture in and it runs off a 9v battery for heat, and a small thermometer i got at wal-mart with an adhesive on one side so it fits on the inside wall perfectly. is there a way to do air exchange with out fanning because i don't want to risk contamination. i cant have power cords because it is hidden in my closet out of my parents site. is there a way to do this or am i going to have to suck it up and fan daily. thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange [Re: dressel11]
    #3396886 - 11/23/04 04:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

without powercords you'll have to fan it manually and preferably more that just once a day

Offlinerobbster
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
Re: i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange [Re: stefan]
    #3396904 - 11/23/04 04:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

probably fan daily.

your best bet is to setup a PMP. i dunno where to get a battery operated airpump tho...but you can get like 4" airstones and such.

--------------------
- Robb

"This is the trip, this is the best part."
-Jim Morrison

Bio:
:cig: :stash: :beer: :mushroom2: :doggystyle:

First Grow Log

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange [Re: robbster]
    #3396975 - 11/23/04 05:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

hah, drill a hole in your wall and splice the wires from the cloest light or something.. hah. no, you'd have to be electricaly instructed to do something like that.. yeah.. haven't heard of a battery operatered air pump.. just fan it and be a man.

oh you shouldn't be growing behind your parents back anyways.

Edited by lesstutrey (11/23/04 05:19 AM)

Invisibledressel11
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange [Re: dressel11]
    #3397143 - 11/23/04 07:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

maybe if i can build one of these disk found here into the side of the box. it would be a little work, but it would be cool if i could get it to work.

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3397147 - 11/23/04 07:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There are battery powered air pumps... but I'd bet they go through batteries quickly.

They're both AC and battery powered, and are designed that way to be a backup incase the power goes out.

Offlineus3fu1idi0t
HomeGrown
 User Gallery

Loc: Living in the Mushrooms w...
Re: i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange [Re: discman1]
    #3398091 - 11/23/04 01:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm running a tub a bit larger than that (I don't know the dimensions exactly, because I just inherited it from a friend as he upgraded to a rack greenhouse). What he did to it was use a fish tank bubbler and run one bubbler under the perlite/water to help humidity and one on top of the perlite to help oxygen exchange. There are 2 holes drilled in both corners of the top, but even with this setup I will still have to fan multiple times, daily to ensure optimal growth for my new friends. I have yet to use it, as I just started my first batch o' goodies last night. Fanning is the best way without power.

OfflineGordoSmith
Fatty

Re: i made a good little fruiting chamber. whats the best way to air exchange [Re: us3fu1idi0t]
    #3398460 - 11/23/04 03:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Is the container entirely enclosed?

You could drill a hole at the bottem of the container and drill a hole at the top of the container. And make sure to put dense cotten balls in the holes (make sure that there is enough air getting through, but not so much that contams can get through also..

Explination, Co2 sinks, and will flow out of the bottem hole. As it does this, oxygen will be sucked in through the top hole. Allowing for great air exchange with little or no work.. I use this on my double tub method, and just a regular tub method.

--------------------
Wow, those are some fat ass stems.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3398619 - 11/23/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you don't need anything electrical...put holes in all sides of the container...2 per side(1 at the top and 1 at the bottom) now fill these holes with polyfil..if you also inclue a hole for misting you can keep the box sterile(as long as there are no places for air to get in that dosen't include going through polyfil) by misting with h202/water once...then close the misting hole off with duct tape...if you use perlite the humidity will be perfect and you will not lose much water but will get all the air exchange you need :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Perlite, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation