Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDK1
Male
**Please Help** - Bad Accident - First Timer
    #3394868 - 11/21/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everybody this is my first time growing, I just have a question concerning my cakes. Today is the 4th day since i've put my 2 cakes in the fruiting chamber. This morning I woke up and was glad to see some fluffy stuff growing, which I am assuming is pre-pinning. Ok well I was inspecting the cakes and then I was fanning them, and then I went to go spray some spring water in there and on the lid but it was actually a spray bottle full of rubbing alcohol. So I quickly continued to fan the chamber in hopes the alcohol will vaporate and then I sprayed them down with spring water. After about 5 mins I checked on them and there seemed to be some blue discoloration on the both the tops. Could this be some kind of contamination?? Its been about 6 hours since this happened, nothing has really changed so far. Do you think my cakes will be alright? Is there anything else I should do? All help is greatly appreciated. P.S. I removed the bottle of rubbing alcohol away from the chamber. Stupid, stupid me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: **Please Help** - Bad Accident - First Timer [Re: DK1]
    #3394882 - 11/21/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's not a contam. The blue discoloration is just bruising. It happens when the mycelium suffers any type of trama

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3394886 - 11/21/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its not a contam, its just mycelium being oxidized. I think they will be fine as long as you dont keep dumping bottles of isopropl on them.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3394891 - 11/21/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh My God....Wow, those poor pins! Well, it's alcohol, so it kills stuff..so contamination is very doubtful...Well it sounds like you bruised your mycelium/knots/premodoria, if they turn blackish and get slimy, then they are abhorts and probably abhorted because you killed them but they may bounce back pending on how badly damaged they were, ya never know...What i mean is to clerify...is if they're blue and get a bit better then they're good and will grow, if they get black then take them out b/c the will not be good for the cake itself...rotting pins arent exactly the greatest things to having flourishing on your caes...a pic would help a bit. Gl and keep that bottle Way away. : )

Offlinegoodenough
Left of center
Loc: where the sidewalk ends
Re: **Please Help** - Bad Accident - First Timer [Re: derx]
    #3394909 - 11/21/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like something I would do....  :rolleyes:

--------------------
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: **Please Help** - Bad Accident - First Timer [Re: goodenough]
    #3394973 - 11/21/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

mabey a dunking is in order??

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: **Please Help** - Bad Accident - First Timer [Re: Legoulash]
    #3398523 - 11/23/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i think dunking or duliting is a bad idea....it will just cause it to evaporate slower, long slow suffering instead of quick and over so they can recover...odds are it is all evaporated by now, but since you misted maybe not? depending how wet they got

--------------------
the jent

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: **Please Help** - Bad Accident - First Timer [Re: jent]
    #3398703 - 11/23/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think water effects alcohols evaporation...the alcohol evaps and the water is left behind...I could be wrong on this tho..but I have had alcohol completely evap and leave behind water...seemed to evap in teh same time it would have normally

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix