Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdamJames
MCE
What do you guys think of this setup?
    #3394394 - 11/21/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm trying to think of a cost effective but also a good method of cultivation. Incubating I'm using 2 10 gallon tubs on top of each other with the submersible heater. Works great. I also like the idea of using the cut off gallon jugs (9er tech) and using them as containers I have a 10 gallon aquarium that I was going to use to try the 9er method of fruiting but I'm concerned about humidity. The 9er tech says that using 3 containers keeps humidity up with misting a couple times a day but I go to college and work in a different town so I am not able to mist so frequently. I have considered bubblers and all that but I'm not really convinced they are any better than just using perlite. Then comes the question of gas exchange. Well since I'm trying this time to use the aquarium I constructed a lid using cardboard as a frame then putting thick plastic sheeting covering it, then I just 2 squares on the left and right sides in the plastic and duck taped some coffee filters over them. So this is not my ideal way I plan on doing it next time but this is what I'm dealing with this time. So recap perlite for humidification, coffee filters in lid for gas exchange, light on a 24 hour timer 1 hour on every 6 hours(total 4 hours of light a day). I am now thinking I will get a large clear Tupperware, but some filter discs and cut a hole the size of the filter disc in the side of the Tupperware(for gas exchange), then use perlite for humidity, and the rest the same. The trick to me about all of this is the fact that I'm not doing cakes I'm using casings which I'm worried will mess up everything. I plan on doing the above but using 2 Tupperware constructed the same way then having a shelves (3) the bottom having the incubator, then the other 2 shelves having the to Tupperware on each and a light for each Tupperware attached to the shelves above each Tupperware. So I would really love for comments, that's what I'm asking for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerobbster
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
Re: What do you guys think of this setup? [Re: AdamJames]
    #3394411 - 11/21/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

a PMP (Poor Mans Pod) is the best for proper humidity and air exchange.

Basically 2 airstoned w/ pump underneath perilite to allow for air exchange. With this setup you wont have to worry about fanning at all. Hell you can go on vacation for a week and come back and find yourself with a nice harvest.

--------------------
- Robb

"This is the trip, this is the best part."
-Jim Morrison

Bio:
:cig: :stash: :beer: :mushroom2: :doggystyle:

First Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix