Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Shroomism]
    #3397430 - 11/23/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

that's exactly what I'm suggesting! I don't exactly trust NASA in the first place.

This is a very convenient way of discounting any challenge to your assertions. Just claim that the evidence exists, but the government is covering it up. What about every other government on Earth, many of whom hate the US and would hardly cooperate with a US conspiracy to suppress information about an Earth-shattering Photon Band? What the government would have to gain by doing this is beyond me, but let me say this:

It is a fact that all HST images are in the public domain because it is a public venture. The Space Telescope Institute will send you any images you want, and if you poke around on the web, you can find them all yourself. The only restrictions on the data is that the investigators conducting the observations get first shot at reducing it before it's made public; this is as it should be.

And even if your absurd conspiracy theories about the Hubble telescope were true, which I assure you they are not, let me point out that many of the largest telescopes in the world are not owned or operated by any government; they are privately owned.

The University of Chicago, for instance, has two 1-meter telescopes at Yerkes Observatory in Wisconsin and a 3.5-meter one at Apache Point Observatory in New Mexico, to name just the ones at least 1 meter in diameter. Persons at the University of Chicago could not be prevented from publishing whatever they wanted concerning images from these telescopes.

Additionally, there are many millions of smaller amateur telescopes in regular use around the world all the time. I happen to own one of the larger ones and I've never seen anything unusual in the vicinity of the Pleiades or anywhere else in the sky for that matter. And I promise you, the government would stand no chance at all of silencing me.

Also, most of the astronomers I know, either in person or through email correspondence, went into the field of astronomy precisely because they wanted to have as little to do with governments and politics as possible, and like all scientists, have no tolerance for censorship.

So, I'll ask you again, why hasn't Hubble seen any hint of this thing? Why hasn't any privately owned telescope seen it? Why haven't I?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (11/23/04 11:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Diploid]
    #3397454 - 11/23/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That's a good question.
You haven't seen anything 'unusual' around the Pleiades or Orion?
Mayhaps we can't see it because we're not completely in it yet, I dunno. I don't know everything you know. I am but an amateur metaphysicist :smirk:
Let's keep an open mind and see what happens.
In the meantime I'm going to poke around and find space pictures.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3397478 - 11/23/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mayhaps we can't see it because we're not completely in it yet, I dunno.

C'mon now, how the hell could we not be seeing

an immense region of space which is radiating intense electromagnetic radiation throughout the visible spectrum

especially given that we're already partially in it? Do you not see a problem with this?

I don't know everything you know.

That's for sure.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #3399418 - 11/23/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

perhaps we ar3e not abole to see it because of the change in the schuman frequency, perhaps when it hits its max (13 for some reason, i dont know why this is its max, shroomisim any reply?) we will be albe to see it.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3399438 - 11/23/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nothing happens allot?

:confused:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3399933 - 11/23/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

perhaps we ar3e not abole to see it because of the change in the schuman frequency,

The Schuman Frequency changes all the time and always has; this has nothing to do with a Photon Belt. Besides, how could a subtle change in the Schuman Frequency prevent us from seeing

Quote:

a spiral of multidimensional light that starts in Alcyone in the Pleiades and ends at our Sun. in other words, the photon 'belt' is an immense region of space which is radiating INTENSE electromagnetic radiation THROUGHOUT THE VISIBLE SPECTRUM and beyond,

eh?

Perhaps the real reason we are not able to see it because it doesn't exist.

And by the way, this (the Schuman Frequency) is a new definition of the thing whose frequency is changing. Yesterday it was:

Quote:

A change in the frequency of which sub-atomic particles vibrate. Our current frequency is 9,000-12,000 times per second, it will jump to 12,000 to 15,000.

You guys need to get your stories straight or you're going to develop a credibility problem.

Edited by Diploid (11/23/04 07:03 PM)

OfflineKillRide
Stranger
Re: 2012 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Diploid]
    #3479944 - 12/11/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Been reading a lot on ELE (Extinction Level Events) and such, and I came across

http://www.armageddononline.org

Some of the scenarios seem plausbile, a lot's based on science... Do some of those theories hold water? (not the nostradamus stuff...) The Nuclear weapons and Asteroid articles are somewhat scary...

Thoughts?

Anyone got any more info / places to go things to do?

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: 2012 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: KillRide]
    #3505414 - 12/15/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You two remind me of old x-files video's. The one person believing the far out stuff, with the other being the scientist about it ;]

Not to offend anyone, cause I know diploid, and shroomism, you are both brilliant. You are two friends, and it makes me happy to see two sides of the story. If there was no one to question the credibility in what we say, there would be no diffrence between fact, and wishfull thinking.

Wish I had more to contribute, but just wanted to let you both know you are appreciated for what you do. I hope you all stay on your toes ;] nothing beats a good debate

peace

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #5479771 - 04/04/06 04:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

wikipedia is your friend
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Photon_Belt

Quote:

The Photon Belt is a belief largely linked to some parts of the new age movement that a band of photons is going to collide with the earth and cause massive failure of electrical equipment.

There are a number of related beliefs involving the belt but they have a few common elements. The first is that earth orbits the Pleiades cluster. This is not the case. The second is that a belt of photons also orbits the cluster. No such belt has been observed (and it is hard to see how one could exist within the current understanding of the universe). The third is that earth is going to collide with this belt. A number of predictions have been made as to the date of this collision, so far none have been correct.

The first appearance of the idea appears to have been in an Australian UFO magazine in 1981. It gained in popularity after it was reprinted in the Australian Nexus magazine in February 1991.

Outline of belief

Somewhere in the universe there must be a center star(s) which everything spins around. As matter is pulled into this center, photon beams are emitted from the top and bottom poles.

Although our planet is a distance from the center sun and the photon band that encircles it, we will eventually pass through the band.

Some people say this will be the end of the world, however this planet has passed through the belt before. Electrons will not flow the same way so electronic devices on the planet will fail. Spiritually it represents a transition point but it is only a temporary window.

Original sources

The photon belt was described in the book "You Are Becoming A Galactic Human" by Virginia Essene and Sheldon Nidle, where it is presented as "Channeled information".

I see a possible doomsday scenario if the world gets in viscious circles caused by global warming. Like ice caps melting, causing the world to absorb even more solar enery (white reflects, ground does not)
Or methane hydrates which start melting after the oceans warm up. Which would mean enormous amount of methane bubbling to the surface. Methane is something like 20x more potent than CO2 in global warming. The methane would oxidise causing a lot of extra CO2. Melting permafrost, causes rotting biomatter which equals more methane. Increased solar activity.
But I don't see global warming causing the end of the human race. It will mean a lot of death especially in the undeveloped world. It might also cause massive human relocation to the equator and resulting wars.

But there are many more options.
Like a nearby Gamma-ray burst or Supernova wiping the ozone of our planet. Which means a crispy tan for us humans.
Or a flood basalt. Something like Yellowstone exploding and covering America in basalt. And fucking up the atmosphere.
Or the unspotted astroid that hits us.

These are much more likely than judgement days. But they are very unpredictable.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinetotallytwisted
Oneness
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
    #5481882 - 04/05/06 08:01 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Why hasn't Hubble seen your Photon thingie??

On NASAs great abilities to see far off star systems...but check how they miss the 'objects' that go in front & behind of the space station...ohooooo

The evidence for NASA Part 1

The evidence for NASA Part 2

Peace & Love,

Q.

--------------------
Bill Hicks speaks of his experience on shrooms :-

I realised our true nature is spirit not body, that we are eternal beings and God?s love is unconditional and there is nothing we can ever do to change that; it is only our illusion that we are separate from God or that we are alone. In fact the reality is that we are one with God & he loves us. Now if that isn?t a hazard to this country? you see my point. How are we gonna keep building nuclear weapons, what?s gonna happen to the arms industry when we know we?re all one? ..You can see why the government?s cracking down on the idea of experiencing unconditional love.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: totallytwisted]
    #5483311 - 04/05/06 03:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

On NASAs great abilities to see far off star systems...but check how they miss the 'objects' that go in front & behind of the space station...ohooooo

What do UFO conspiracy nuts' web videos have to do with the fact that there is no photon band visible on any NASA or amateur astronomer photograph anywhere?

We're only a few years away. You'd think SOMETHING would be visible by now, eh?

--------------------
Republican Values:

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #5483975 - 04/05/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A photon band is a stupid idea anyway. Light travels relatively straight unless there's a huge source of gravity pulling it, like a black hole. So how could it form a band near our solar system?

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5485196 - 04/06/06 12:06 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Why is everyone arguing about photon bands? The Mayans never predicted that the earth would pass through a photon band. Anything could happen in 2012, like Evan said, its just the beginning of a new phase. Don't ask me what that means. If i had to guess, i think that in 2012 the last person of Mayan descent is going to die. that would be kinda funny...

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Offlinesatori85
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5485206 - 04/06/06 12:10 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The Photon Band is, in a nutshell... a spiral of multidimensional light that starts in Alcyone in the Pleiades and ends at our Sun. in other words, the photon 'belt' is an immense region of space which is radiating intense electromagnetic radiation throughout the visible spectrum and beyond, into high-frequency invisible light; even including some x-ray spectra. It is part of a magnetic flow of light throughout the galaxy.

Our solar system travels through the Photon band for 2,000 years approximately every 24,000 years. December 21st 2012 our solar system will be completely enveloped in it.

ANd it wont have any major affect. Atleast to us as a species. Remember humans have been around much longer then 24,000 so others have dealt with this.

Also many christian philosophers beleive that the end of the world claims, and good vs evil fighting is an individual battle. It at the moment of each persons death and not physical earth.

Offlinesatori85
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: satori85]
    #5485213 - 04/06/06 12:15 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Im an "amateur" astronomy. And i can tell you some things about our technology reguarding this. We know what we think we know, we think we know what we think we might not know, and we dont know what we dont know. But light doesnt "band" it go's in all directions that it left from, unless channeled (like a beam). So you a band could be a sudden burst that moves out in what might apear to be a "circle" from a certain vantage point however i have not heard of this. Mater does swirl around a black hole and if it is a black hole were headed towards were siriously fucked. Crazy thing is, there could be a small black hole that we just all of a sudden run into (our solar system). We might not even see its gravitational affects untill our solar system gets really close. I was looking at orion tonight, aboslutely beutiful.

Also a neat little factoid. Our abality to split double and multi stars is like being here in the United states, looking at japan (if it were flat from here to there) and being able to see a person holding there cell phone next to them. God bless CCD imaging.

Edited by satori85 (04/06/06 12:17 AM)

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #5485477 - 04/06/06 05:25 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anything could happen in 2012, like Evan said, its just the beginning of a new phase.

Yeah, a new year....

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

#5486384 - 04/06/06 12:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The Photon Band is, in a nutshell... a spiral of multidimensional light that starts in Alcyone in the Pleiades and ends at our Sun. in other words, the photon 'belt' is an immense region of space which is radiating intense electromagnetic radiation throughout the visible spectrum and beyond, into high-frequency invisible light; even including some x-ray spectra. It is part of a magnetic flow of light throughout the galaxy.

Our solar system travels through the Photon band for 2,000 years approximately every 24,000 years. December 21st 2012 our solar system will be completely enveloped in it.

Ok, what changes will this actually make? None. You can say we have "entered the photon belt" and nothing on this earth will change. So, tell me, what the fuck is the point?

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #5493531 - 04/08/06 04:01 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

OK, so I don't really know much about what is going on here, but isn't Terrance Mckenna the one who linked the end of the world to the Mayan calendar?

Also, Just a theory as to why we cant see the light band yet (if it exists mind you).  You say photon light band, yes?  Well, if they are photons, then are they not traveling the speed of light?  If the photons themselves are what we see, then even with magnification we are only enlarging light that has already reached earth.  I don't see crazy glowing light spirals yet, so I am inclined to say that it hasn't reached earth.  If evidence of the photon band hasn't reached earth yet, then we cant prove or disprove it for we cant see it.  Even if it is close, we are talking about the light itself, not some luminescent object from which this light is being emitted.  Therefore should it not follow the normal laws of light, becoming visible only when the photons reach our retinas?  Even if it was only 20km's away, if the light was not yet here, how could we see it? And since the phenomena in question is light energy itself, does this not make sense? Anyone?

As to the increase of sub-atomic vibrations; isn't that how a microwave cooks?  If I am not mistaken, the microwaves excite the molecules causing the food to heat up and cook.  So maybe the flaming Apocalypse predicted will be because we were all microwaved to death by some crazy psychedelic light show :tongue2:

I have an apocalypse theory:  We all kill ourselves with nukes, and due to the radioactive-proof cockroaches, they will be the only living entity left on the planet, therefore resorting to cannibalism, or radioactive ash-ism, where they only eat ash.  This naturally creates a divide amongst species, perpetuating the predator-prey scenario resulting in some killer Darwinism.  The hunters evolve to better hunt, and the ash eaters evolve to hide better, and the life cycle begins again, this time with bugs seeding the entire ecosystem.  I predict this will happen in 2035.  Does this count as an official prediction?  No?  Oh well, I tried :grin:

Alright, I'm done.  Cool thread by the way :laugh:

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #5510496 - 04/12/06 11:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

This reminds me of your theory Quoiyaien.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

OfflineDelta9Hippie
Traveler
Male

Loc: Spaceship Earth
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #5610578 - 05/09/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

you know it's kind of interesting, this is something I've thought about when I learned that the "change" supposedly advances the human race. Yes, the human species has been around for more than 26,000 years (the last time we went through this), but it was about that long ago that man first started civilization, cultivating plants, really advancing himself beyond a mere animal. Perhaps we are coming to a time when we have the chance to make another giant leap...or we could just wake up Dec. 21st, 2012 and just see an amazing view of the center of the Milky Way and nothing more.

--------------------
"During evolutionary time, the avenues of possible progress have become progressively restricted, until today only one remains...Man...has been suddenly appointed managing director of the biggest business of all, the business of evolution."

Life begins the day you start a garden.

Check out my trade list in My Journal...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies