Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3394916 - 11/21/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Shroomism I am going to give you the benifit of the doubt and pretend everything you said is self consistent...  But it is impossible for us not to get radiated to death by this 'photon belt" of light in all parts of the atomic spectra yet it increasing this "vibrational energy" of the building blocks of matter by 25%.... I mean shit, a 1% increase in UV alone and tens of thosands more people die each year from skin cancer...  And please, no posting from sites that also contain maps of the colonies on the center of this hollow earth :wink: (2012.co.au) or whatever it was

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: oceansize]
    #3394944 - 11/21/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

and gee, thanks Evan, no thread about the mayan calander would be complete without an ad hominem attack.

I'm sorry, but when you start dabbling in science to support your claims, that science is subject to review. You don't get to bend the definition of a "photon" just because you use it to describe something you think is spiritual.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #3394962 - 11/21/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with you. But for people who don't know anything about science, do they have the right to say that the science is wrong?

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3394967 - 11/21/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Its working like this:

"Well what about this?"

then it is answered with a link and an explanation

Then the they go "Well if that may be true then what about this?"

and it goes on and on and on. If they knew what they were talking about in the first place then we could have a better discussion.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3395025 - 11/21/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You guys dont' knwo what it is with out looking it up in google.

How do you know what I or anyone else here knows or doesn't know?

shut up unless you have some serious input rather than just trying play devil's uninformed advocate.

Hey, if you're gonna pick on anyone for ignorance, how about Shroomism?

Quote:

I don't even know what a peer reviewed journal is or where to find one.

FAMILY RADIO NETWORK? what the hell is that.

Uhm....

http://www.familyradio.com/

But as Shroomism said the Maya calender isn't even the end of the world. Its the passing into a new phase.

Speaking of uninformed devil's advocate, this 'new phase', where the fundamental vibrational modes of all mater will change as we enter the Photon Belt, will also change the way every biochemical reaction proceeds and necessarily cause the extinction of all life on earth.

shut up unless you have some serious input rather than just trying play devil's uninformed advocate.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (11/27/04 11:11 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: kaiowas]
    #3395036 - 11/21/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

observe this

--------------------

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

#3395066 - 11/21/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes but you are assuming noone knows what they are talking about. That isn't true.

I can tell you how much energy a photon emitted from a give excited gas has.
I can tell you the average speed of that excited particle.
I can tell you what is wrong with a galaxy wide belt of bent radiation that has enough energy to excite all subatomic particles on earth.

I don't know much about physics, but it doesn't take much to notice large gaping flaws in a theory.

Regardless, two things i want you to check on for me:

1. Is there one single problem raised by a skeptic about the science of this theory in this thread that you can answer with an explanation and link that is written in science, not new age spirituality? I haven't seen one, and that is what is wrong with:
Quote:

"Well what about this?"
then it is answered with a link and an explanation

Then the they go "Well if that may be true then what about this?"

2. Those who support this theory know no more about the science behind in than the skeptics, and thats where you go wrong here:
Quote:

If they knew what they were talking about in the first place then we could have a better discussion.

Anyone with any familiarity with science knows the burden of proof is on whoever defends the claim

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Shroomism]
    #3395074 - 11/21/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Pretty! I've been looking at and photographing the Pleiades since I was a little haploid, but I've never seen the Photon thingy.

How about this one? It's a pic of M42 in Orion; I shot it through my telescope at the Winter Star Party in the Florida Keys a couple years ago. Nice eh, but there's no Photon thingy in this pic either.

Click to enlarge:

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Edited by Diploid (11/22/04 05:18 AM)

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3395132 - 11/21/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oceansize,

I completely agree with you. All I was trying to get across is that people have the internet to research before bringing down a theory. I didn't mean it the way it came out I guess. My apologies.

Diploid,

I wasn't saying that everybody was unknowledgable in the subject, just a select few who are bashing the theory with no knowledge of it. It just seems wrong. Also you are writing as Shroomism and I have the same views. Not at all. Although I think he is very smart his posts were somewhat contradictory.

Instead of "FAMILY RADIO, what the hell is that?" it should have read "FAMILY RADIO, what the hell is that about?". As in they are a group of people who broadcast teachings of the Bible; why do they have the right to be used in statistics such as the ones given? You see I was trying to get across the point that the Mayans had math and scientific proof through observation of stars. I didn't mean to upset you or offend your intelligence. I apologize again.

As for those pictures: Damn! those are pretty.

Anonymous

Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Swami]
    #3395169 - 11/21/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
judgement day comes at death...its not going to happen here in the physical, and its you that judge yourself

I shall look back and go, "Damn, I lived an awesome life. I never kicked a puppy and only lied on taxes."

"Now where are the virgins? Let's get this party started." *cue music*

:lol:  :heart:  though im sure we could, if we want to, experience what its like to have sex as a human again, for shits and giggles, but i highly doubt it, it would be so boring. you dont have a body, so the pleasure of sex would be .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% the pleasure of bathing in gods light, being one with god.

do what you want though swami, its your journey :heart: your an amusing soul, smartass, but very funny :lol:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 2012 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: JCoke]
    #3395192 - 11/22/04 05:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Jesus says that no one knows when, not the angels, not himself, but only God does, so he was'nt talking about the end of the world when he said the Kingdom of God coming to earth, what you did is take it out of context.

Not according to my source, The Interactive Bible, in this case:

http://www.bible.ca/d-end-world.htm

It says that II Peter 3:10 describes the Second Coming; here's an excerpt of that passage:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up".

From this, I equate the Second Coming with the End of the World. How is this out of context?

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3395202 - 11/22/04 05:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And who exactly predicted the end of the world in 1996? All I remember is Global Convergence...

Lest I be accused of making things up:

The end of the world in 1996 was predicted by the 17th century archbishop James Ussher after carefully studying the genealogies in the Old Testament and staring at the stars a bit.

He stated, conclusively, that the Earth was created on October 23rd in the year 710 Julian. He then went on to state, again quite conclusively, that the end of the world would occur at exactly 6pm 6000 years later in accordance with Jewish tradition, i.e. 1996 Gregorian.

He didn't say which time zone, though; what time zone is God in, anyway?

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (11/23/04 06:59 AM)

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Diploid]
    #3395358 - 11/22/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just love it when people make such predictions.

Only, they always seem to give a date of our demise long after they will be dead.

You know....... so they wont be around to hear " HEY, WE TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE WRONG"

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1212 - The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3397260 - 11/23/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.2012.com.au/mayan.html#anchor245536]

The
Mayan Dreamspell 13 moon Calendar

1. Replaces current Gregorian calendar (Pope Gregory XII, 1582). Originally from Babylon.
2. The Dreamspell is a modern version of the main Mayan calendar. It has 13 months (moons), each month has 28 days.
3. It is a natural cycle calendar. It is the same as menstrual cycles and moon cycles. It stimulates synchronicity and telepathy.
4. The current year is YELLOW SOLAR SEED. It commenced on 26th July 2001.
5. The Dreamspell 13 moon Calendar is based on the Mayan calendar of wave harmonics and resonant fields - and the liberation of the mind.
6. The current Mayan calendar cycle covers the period 3113 BC to 2012 AD, 5125 years. Unlike other ancient calendars it has never been in error. All its predictions have been accurate.
7. The Mayans of Mexico were master mathematicians and time worshippers. They understood time and space more accurately than us. They knew that Planet Earth would come into synchronisation with the Universe by 2012 AD.
8. By 2012 we will have reached a total collapse of time as we know it and an entry of humanity into post history.
9. Part of the Mayan prophecy was the Harmonic Convergence Prophecy which said the Age of Materialism must end at this time and we must return to Nature to save ourselves and the planet, our biosphere.
10. Under the Gregorian calendar we are living a fundamental dog matic "error in time"
11. Use of the calendar in everyday life will help heal Planet Earth, break the vicious link
between time and money and bring oneness and understanding to humanity.
12. The Mayan prophecy says that we will soon not need money and about the same time we will have universal telepathy.

The Dreamspell Story

The Dreamspell is part of a prophetic "time release." It is coded into the information left by the Classic or Galactic Mayan. This insight was discovered by Dr. Jos? Arg?elles. It was brought to light in his pioneering work on the codes of time, The Mayan Factor, in which he identified the dates for the world-wide peace event known as the Harmonic Convergence. Dr. Arg?elles and his wife Lloydine further revealed and refined their understanding of the secrets of 4th dimensional time in their subsequent work, The Dreamspell. According to Dr. Arg?elles, a Dreamspell is "any agreed upon belief system which creates a continuing state of consciousness." We are now at the end of the Dreamspell of history and at the beginning of the Dreamspell of galactic culture. This means that we are coming to the end of the belief in the male dominant, warrior hero, fear and separation paradigm. And we are preparing to move into the love based, artist hero paradigm of natural time. All we have to do is change our view of time and open ourselves to the love that is inherent in us all.

There have been many dire predictions about this time in the history of the Earth. Most common is the prediction of the end of the world. This is a misconception. It is meant to be the end of Time. An end to the old, limiting, arbitrarily imposed, artificial time, the time of the male dominant, warrior hero, separation and fear based paradigm. This paradigm is held in place by the use of the 12 month calendar and the 60 minute hour, which we refer to as 12:60 time.

The end of artificial 12:60 time signals the beginning of the return to natural time, a time in harmony with the Earth and with the natural cycles coded into the human female biological cycle, the cycle of 13 moons and 28 days. It holds within it the potential to reinstate a balanced, positive, artist hero, love and unity based paradigm. The purpose of this calendar is to make available these codes of natural time.

The secret of time is that it is the 4th dimension. The codes of time are found in the sacred calendar of the classic Maya, known as the Tzolkin. Within the cycle of the 260 day Tzolkin there is a 13 day galactic cycle, associated with the "galactic tones" and a 20 day solar cycle, associated with the solar tribe glyphs. These two smaller cycles turn together and overlap to form the 260 day cycle. This is the cycle of 4th dimensional time, which comes into the solar system from the galaxy. It runs concurrently with the 365 day cycle of the year, to create 4th dimensional time as it applies to this solar system.

Time is both spiritual and physical simultaneously. This is why it is the 4th dimension. It serves to bridge between the physical and spiritual because it operates within both.

This calendar is designed to help you understand the aspects of time as the 4th dimension and to give you access to the physical and spiritual aspects of time. The natural cycle of physical time is governed by the movement of the Earth around the Sun in a circle. It is then divided by the movement of the Moon around the Earth in a circle, the 28 day cycle coded into the bodies of all women on the Earth. This is the cycle that governs the physical aspects of life. Men are coded with the 28 day cycle, as well, in the 28 day biorhythm cycle.

This calendar also shows you the corresponding dates from the 260 day sacred calendar, the cycle that governs the spiritual aspects of life. The Dreamspell Calendar offers you the ability to access both the physical and spiritual aspects of time, in a very natural way already coded into the lives of everyone. It is also designed to serve as a conversion calendar from the old 12:60 time to the new time of 13:20, as it contains the dates which correlate it to the 12 month calendar everyone now uses, known as the Gregorian Calendar.

You may ask, "If this cycle is so natural, why aren't we already using it?" Actually, all ancient indigenous peoples used this system long ago, not just the Mayans. The 12 month calendar commonly utilized today is known as the "Gregorian Calendar" because it was instituted by the edict of Pope Gregory in 1582. However, it is just an update of the original Julian Calendar, the calendar instituted by Julius Caesar as a calendar of conquest.
In truth, Rome's purpose in imposing the Julian calendar on the people they conquered was to take away the power from the people and to give their power away to Rome. Invariably, this calendar was imposed on people who were utilizing the 28 day, 13 moon calendar system. These were people who were very in tune with nature, because of their connection to time as a natural cycle. To take their power away, Caesar imposed a false time upon them. A time which would take them out of step with nature. A time which would force them to look to Rome as their source of power. It was not until the early 1900s that the 12 month calendar was accepted as the world standard. So, in truth, 2000 years later Rome has conquered the world. And nobody even questions the accuracy of the calendar.

Let's look briefly at the 12 month calendar and see why it is an inaccurate way to measure time. First of all, it has months of different lengths. If someone gave you a ruler and some of the inches were longer and some were shorter, would you use that as an accurate form of measure? Secondly, whenever you have to think, "30 days has September..." in order to remember the inharmonic numbering of the days of the months, you are actually reverting to a grade-school level of consciousness. Thirdly, the names of the months July and August are both named after Caesars. September, October, November and December are Roman words that mean 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th month, respectively. But are they ? Finally, the beginning of the year, January 1, is a date arbitrarily chosen by Caesar. Why are we still following the edicts of Rome ?

When we are born we are not asked what calendar we want to use. We simply have one imposed on us by the people who have come before us. Time is a mental concept inreference to the way we perceive it. We simply have to change our minds and time will change. In fact, it will revert back to its natural state. This act alone will begin the movement of our culture back into harmony with nature.

This is a monumental time in the history of the Earth. We have the opportunity to shift one of our core beliefs, the belief in time as linear. It is the 12 month calendar that holds in place the belief in the past, present and future. Time is a cycle, not a line. Each time the cycle turns we have the opportunity to make our lives better.

Yes, this is the end of time. It is also the end of the world as we know it. But, that does not mean destruction. It simply means that we are preparing to birth a new world in which we can live and love in peace, harmony and goodwill for all.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3397264 - 11/23/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do you ever come up with anything original to defend your position or is cutting and pasting long-winded blatherings from some guy's web site the best you can do?

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (11/23/04 06:41 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3397268 - 11/23/04 06:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Good one... I don't know.. why don't you read my past posts and tell me.
I'd rather paste long winded blatherings (from people who actually researched what they are talking about) than waste time arguing with you.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3397272 - 11/23/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why hasn't Hubble seen your Photon thingie??

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3397273 - 11/23/04 07:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What is a photon 'thingy'
And it doesn't belong to me

I don't know that Hubble hasn't seen it. I have not seen every picture the Hubble has taken, have you?

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3397308 - 11/23/04 07:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What is a photon 'thingy'
And it doesn't belong to me

Well, according to >YOU< it is:

Quote:

a spiral of multidimensional light that starts in Alcyone in the Pleiades and ends at our Sun. in other words, the photon 'belt' is an immense region of space which is radiating intense electromagnetic radiation throughout the visible spectrum and beyond, into high-frequency invisible light; even including some x-ray spectra.

Now, call me stoopid, but if the Hubble telescope can see ultra-dim features in the distant universe, it should have no trouble seeing "intense electromagnetic radiation throughout the visible spectrum and beyond" coming from what you call the Photon Band.

I don't know that Hubble hasn't seen it. I have not seen every picture the Hubble has taken, have you?

Let me get this straight... are you saying that the Hubble Space Telescope Institute, an organization whose accomplishments I doubt even you would disparage, has photographed this Photon Band and is just sitting on the data without making it known? Data that would be the most important discovery in the history of humanity? Data that would guarantee perpetual continued funding for the institute?

Is this what you're suggesting?

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #3397363 - 11/23/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well..no... but now that you mention it... that's exactly what I'm suggesting! I don't exactly trust NASA in the first place.

Now even if the Hubble had photographed it, what makes you so sure they would find it out of the ordinary? However I do not think that data would be "the most important discovery in the history of humanity".. it's a freaking spiral of light. What all important data to change humanity would they get from analyzing it scientifically? Space is crazy stuff, the Hubble has taken pictures of many things science tries desperately to explain that which it does not understand.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order