Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
No, Really!! I'mHugh Hefner
Loc: Middle of the Ocean
Misting Cakes....Bruising?
    #3394118 - 11/21/04 08:36 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was just woundering if bruising can be caused by misting cakes with water/h202? What if I over misted them with it? Thanks all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: Misting Cakes....Bruising? [Re: HughHefner]
    #3394137 - 11/21/04 08:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you spray the cakes to closely it may lead to it, spraying the cakes with the h202 will help defend against contams, but i wouldnt bother as cakes have very good defences :thumbup:

200+ trips wise

Re: Misting Cakes....Bruising? [Re: aussieone]
    #3394223 - 11/21/04 09:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If they don't mind it, why not add a touch of H2O2 to every bit of water you give them? Just my thoughts.

You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Misting Cakes....Bruising? [Re: Tripster]
    #3395213 - 11/22/04 07:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They do mind slightly. They dont mind small amounts and they do get a little in all water they get..in substrate phase its usless (short reason, enzymes produced by the substrate breaks it down) but once cased they get sprayed with h202/water, h202 goes in the humidifiers, and I use h202 with all dunks (I dunk all my casings between flushes for 3-24 hours).

It can cause bruising or aborts or myc piss and just unhealthy myc if used to much. Misting is were this is really important..humidifiers and dunking you can usually use a good amount without harming them but if you spray small pins with to much h202 in the water and to directly it can cause aborting. Proper misting can deal with that. Also if you spray casings that are getting a bit to colonized with a bit to much you can flatten it out and cause it to harden and yellow and this sends a small overlay problem into a much bigger one. All in all h202 is good to use (I hear iodine works the same and is cheaper as well but I have no experience with it..ask Hyphae about it and how much to use) but it can harm mycelium slightly if you arent careful.

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: Misting Cakes....Bruising? [Re: HughHefner]
    #3395262 - 11/22/04 11:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i have noticed bruising and aborts on my casings when misting too much. i think that my h2o2 percentage was to high. cutting back on the misting (i was using it for contam control anyway, rh is nice and high in my fruiting chamber). does anyone else have suggestions on how to avoid this in the future (other than reducing the amount of h2o2 in the mister)?

The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

No, Really!! I'mHugh Hefner
Loc: Middle of the Ocean
Re: Misting Cakes....Bruising? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3395317 - 11/22/04 09:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm using a 10 to 1 mixture and have sprayed them twice today. Just a few mists each. The cake im talking about has a bit of blueing along the direction of my spray. Thats wahy I thought it may be the misting. Its not getting any darker and doesn't seem to be spreading. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Here is a pic of it, but you probibly can't see it. Thought I would try anyway. The pins on this cake are on the other side and top. Thanks for all the help.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation