Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Don't know anything about Opera, but I just liked what I heard
    #3393336 - 11/21/04 05:20 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Alright, this might be a far stretch from traditional opera, but I was just listening to "Seduction of Claude Debussy" by Art of Noise, and alot of their songs were very melodic with an opera focus. The singer would just sing the whole song, and it was BEAUTIFUL! The songs without the opera are just significantly worse.

And I was wondering if anyone knew anything about opera and what I can do to hear more. I'm not sure what I'd really enjoy though. I heard opera on a electronic/intrumental background, and I really want to hear more of that. Maybe some new age opera?

I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I figure if anyone's going to know opera it's going to be this forum.

Thanks guys!

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Don't know anything about Opera, but I just liked what I heard [Re: freddurgan]
    #3395615 - 11/22/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

That is very much different from traditional, classic opera.

I've studied a LOT of music in my educational career, and I've gotta say, I like opera the least... It's just so overdone.

Action, recitative with lines, STOP! Let's sing an aria about how happy I am....

hehe Anyways, you would love the music of Claude Debussy if you dig the Art of Noise stuff. It's highly influenced, and sometimes direct re-orchestration of some of his stuff. Obviously minus the drums and sequencing, but also minus the singing. Most of the singing is just textural anyways in the Art of Noise, not actually a soprano vocal solo or anything...

Debussy is a Romantic, 19th century composer. His most famous piece is The Prelude to the Afternoon of the Fawn.
Other great pieces: Nuages, String Quartet, errr get a greatest hits cd or somethin.

BUT, if you do want to research opera, I guess I'd recommend Mozart, Verdi, Puccini, Haydn (recit's)... hehe any name that sounds Italian :wink:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media