Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesDariuSs
BakeyBakerton
Loc: Cols, OH
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: tomk]
    #3395098 - 11/21/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that's bullshit man, I would sue the hell out of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: sDariuSs]
    #3395318 - 11/22/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean come clean with the cops, that'll get you no where. Talk to a lawyer. But, if theres a good chance of not getting off on the mushrooms, which isn't as big a deal, when theres a more serious problem at hand, do you think it'd be a good idea to challenge the one they're actually correct about (in court).

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3395996 - 11/22/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hahaha i love all you kids and knowing your rights....

Such as the right to say NO. Cops must ask to search your person or belongings unless they are physically threatened so just keep your hands out of pockets and everything and your good. If they ask just say no if they proceed to search anyway make sure to loudly so i in no way consented to this warrant less search. And guess what if they find something it's Called ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE and will get thrown out in court if you have a good lawyer.

-Mike

read and learn your rights good the cops know them and will try and manipulate you by using their authority. The law is actually on your side in these cases. Probably the only nice thing about american drug law is the right to privacy and Illegal searches w/o a warrant violate youtr basic rights as an American.

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: phantasm]
    #3396467 - 11/23/04 12:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the U.S. is so fucked up with these laws and bullshit we should be able to smoke weed and eat shrooms because we choose to, its our fucking bodys let us do w/e the hell we want to it why should they have control over us, telling us what we can and cant do my friend got arrested with an eighth of shrooms and was arrested and the charges of all things was man slaughter how fucked up

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #3396697 - 11/23/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well check it. if it wasn't your meth than the bag you supposedly 'had in your possession' wouldn't have your prints on it anyway. take this shit to court. demand you see evidence that this meth is yours and you could claim that the mushrooms weren't yours either. it's not like they still have the fresh mushrooms you got busted with. cops aren't smart. what are they going to go to court with a rotting pile of what was once mushrooms and a bag of meth that has none of your finger prints on? talk to a lawyer. you could probably get off 100% or with barely any penalty. if you do decide to take the mushroom charge, it would probably work out okay considering the circumstance. also demand a drug test showing that you do not use meth (this may or may not be such a good idea...depending on your drug usage). take this to court and sue the fuck out of the police department....they're nothing but crooks.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3396765 - 11/23/04 01:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sorry to hear this shroomieofdoomie

--------------------

Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3398154 - 11/23/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

first of all: sorry to hear your story, it's seriously sad.

secondly i agree with a few other people here that if they changed their charges to posession of methamphetamines then they can't possibly have evidence (unless u had some and forgot or they planted it on you, although i think that kind of stuff only happens in films). In which case they've screwed their own case. how can you be brought down on charges of posession of amphetamines when all you had was mushrooms. you could even admit it in the courtroom and because you weren't on trial for the shrooms they wouldnt do anything.

my advice would be to tread carefully and don't do anything or say anything without legal advice.

Good luck. I think it's safe to say that everyone here is behind you. i hope the pigs get locked up and bum-raped

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: hermanntrude]
    #3398737 - 11/23/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hermanntrude said:
first of all: sorry to hear your story, it's seriously sad.

secondly i agree with a few other people here that if they changed their charges to posession of methamphetamines then they can't possibly have evidence (unless u had some and forgot or they planted it on you, although i think that kind of stuff only happens in films). In which case they've screwed their own case. how can you be brought down on charges of posession of amphetamines when all you had was mushrooms. you could even admit it in the courtroom and because you weren't on trial for the shrooms they wouldnt do anything.

my advice would be to tread carefully and don't do anything or say anything without legal advice.

Good luck. I think it's safe to say that everyone here is behind you. i hope the pigs get locked up and bum-raped

Anything you admit to in a courtroom can be used against you. This is one of the main reasons for the protection granted by the 5th ammendment.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3399862 - 11/23/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am curious as to why your friend got treated so differently than you did....? Was it a "profiling" thing...? Is your friend clean cut, and you "look" like a person that would do drugs...? It really kinda~ doesn't matter at this point, but maybe something that could be brought up in court...?

If I was in your situation, I would absolutely freak out, and would prolly~ get in more trouble for speaking out and being baligerent(sp).... MOST cops seem to have a one track mind - mindless to actual situations, and fabrication of bullshit charges as to put another imaginary notch on their belt.... It is bad enough that you got caught with something illegal, but to fabricate charges because "they can" really pisses me off.... These are the fuckin heros that society is supposed to look up to...? WTF...?

Very sorry to hear about your story my friend, and I wish you much luck in what you are about to go thru.... My only advise would be to fork over the money to buy a damn good lawyer.... "Freedom" is priceless in my book, and I would give everything I had to keep it if I was in a situation like that....

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3400054 - 11/23/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

PM me, my girlfriend is a paralegal. There was an Act passed about a year ago because of police officers in California planting crack on innocent people. I am in California as well, please PM me for further info

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3400085 - 11/23/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by ShroomieOfDoomie (10/26/06 12:57 AM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3400466 - 11/23/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just to let you know shroomie, meth can be found quite natural inside a variety of tree. So much for your notion of natural is good, synthetic is bad.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3400467 - 11/23/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, sounds like profiling to me, but you didn't explain if there was a difference between what you look like and your friend....

Sounds like the "power = corruption" gig.... I am sure that not all cops are like this, but I sure would not want to live in your area if the cops were like that.... Sounds like they would have tagged you for meth even if you had not had the shroomz.... Fortunately I have a "clean cut" look, and have never had problems with Mr.Lawman (Knocking on wood profusely).... I have a buddy that looks like a skinny cracked out version of Rod Stewart with black hair, and he has been pulled over and harrassed so many times, it is prolly~ un-countable.... It makes me sick some of the things that the "respectable" people that make and uphold the laws do to people that do not fit into what they consider to be "normal".... Absolutely sickening.... Yeah, go out into the world and be original, just so long as it is like everyone else.... Eeehhh....

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3400890 - 11/23/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by ShroomieOfDoomie (10/26/06 12:57 AM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3400895 - 11/23/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just a glint of hope here, but if you're not sure if they were cyans, then perhaps they weren't. I doubt the cops could make a positive identification on the spot. Did they have some sort of tester for them?
Perhaps they tested the shrooms when they returned to the station, realized they were not active, and set you up on meth charges to cover their asses for the wrongful arrest.

Anyway it goes, don't talk to anybody but your lawyer(the best you can get) about it. And once you beat the bullshit charges, get some media attention and go after the arresting officer(s).

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #3400987 - 11/23/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Shroomie where are you from?? Several states have some laws saying you can have possession of fresh mushies. I know for sure florida has it. Fiske v Florida

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law3.shtml

--------------------

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3401112 - 11/23/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i'd get a haircut before court if i were you. sounds stupid but you want the judge to think you're a good person....not that punks aren't good people but just look at the reason you got busted, because of profiling. seriously though, if there are no prints on the bag of meth than you're home free....unless you had an empty bag in your possession and then they placed meth in it. who knows dude. i hope things work out for ya.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3401136 - 11/23/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yep. The way you look counts. "most ppl judge a book by its cover"

--------------------

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3402635 - 11/24/04 07:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Look i was once caught by some cops with a vial of salvia divinorum and a vial of sceletium tortuosum.

We were detained, and we were given a document that we had to sign, saying we were detained for being in the woods at night having plant material they suspected were controlled substances. Once they were analysed and had negative results we demanded a document stating the plants were not illegal and exhonerating us from any criminal or civil liability.

A month later we got a letter to go pick up the salvia and sceletium at the court. We let them keep it.

Just deny till the end you had meth, tell them the shroooms weren't ID'ed and show them the first document that states you were detained for posession of psilocybin mushrooms. It's an easy case, if they had found both mushrooms and meth they would't have set a bail for mushrooms alone and suddenly out of nowhere a bail for amphetamines.

Get a good lawyer, demand their analysis result for the mushrooms (which is prolly non-existant). Deny you had meth on you and the burden of proof will be on them. Take urinalysis to show you aren't a meth user. Ask your friend to be your witness as well as any other people that may know your case closely.

If you have some sort of document stating you were detained for posession of mushrooms and the exact circumstances you were detained (you should have one if you live in any type of civilized law system) use it against them in court.

Proof that the first bail set was for posession of mushrooms and not meth. Use that agaisnt them too. Mention the fact that mushrooms spoil very quick and wouldn't be of evidence for more than a few days, thus encouraging the police officers to plant other drugs on you. Mention the fact that meth is a semi-synthetic substance that has never been found in mushrooms or any other plant material for that matter.

As far as i understood, the odds are on your side.
I hope all the best for you  :sun:

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: got caught, cops planted drugs? [Re: esin]
    #3402731 - 11/24/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So basically the police arrested you for being an aspiring mycologist?

It's now illegal for us to pick random mushrooms to take home for identification?

On top of that they hit us with non-existant drug charges just because they're cowards and can't accept the fact that they made a wrongful arrest?

Also on the note of illegal search and siezures, that's not the case anymore. The Patriot Act allows law enforcement to search any person at any time if they "suspect" any sort of terroristic or threatening activity (including drugs). So basically our Fourth Amendment rights have been stomped on and thrown back in our face.

Man, I really wish you the best in all of this, and hope you can nail that police department and those officers' asses to the wall. It's shit like this where the people of our country are stepped on and it's also shit like this where all of us who oppose it need to make it publically known. Let those piece of shit Dictatorship Governmental Officials know that there are boundries they can't cross if they want to continue being rich and driving their mercedes.

Where I live we have to deal with profiling too. In fact everywhere that we have hung out in town, we have been harassed by the police department as loiterers, even the public pavilion in the park.. heh, mother fuckers. Now we have to leave city limits if we want to hang out, skate, smoke up, or basically do anything.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom