Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting
    #3390577 - 11/20/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

okay boys , well recently i have herd some trip reports where the sitter has made the tripper uncomfortable so i wish with ur help to compile a sitters guide :

What Not A Sitter Should Say Or Do:
-Are U Okay
-U look Like Shit
-Put on music to loud
-Walk Around Constantly
-Invite Friend Over
-slam doors

ect thanks for ur time!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: liveby]
    #3390676 - 11/20/04 10:13 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I believe it shouldn't be made a point to not ask if someone is ok, but having said that the sitter should be experienced and know not to interupt a person who is simply sitting with their eyes closed not talking. Just be a good friend to whomever you are sitting. If they need anything get it for them, don't mess with them, etc. Simple rule of thumb: Just be a good friend to who you are sitting for, this is in escence what I feel a trip sitter should be doing.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3390830 - 11/20/04 11:02 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Right on, good idea for a thread. I'm taking a break from shrooming, but I'll be hanging with a couple friends who are dosing this Tuesday. I consider myself experienced enough, I'd never try to fuck with them. I also know a fair amount about bad trips and have some good ways of getting people out of them without making them focus on the negative more (i.e. saying stupid shit like "what's wrong?"). I kind of look forward to being with them for the experience as the sober one(kind of, i'm sure there will be a little beer and a little weed, and possibly even some beerweed). Any suggestions or tips are welcomed. It won't be a crazy night or anything, most likely will consist of a walk in the woods, watching aphex twin videos, and possibly some live music downtown.

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: Hendostan]
    #3390862 - 11/20/04 11:09 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I think on the onset it would be good to quote from timothy learys experiences , it would get the gitters out -for example "Fill your lungs with life and float downstream"

--------------------

OfflineIvellios
Stranger
    #3394422 - 11/21/04 10:02 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

one thing that bothers me when im tripping is when people are being negative because they arent tripping. if your sitting for someone you should never say damn i wish i was tripping, it can make the tripping person feel alone and isolated or like your blaming them for not having anything.

Invisibleidiotek

Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: Ivellios]
    #3394640 - 11/21/04 10:44 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

definitely do not hassle someone to get you drugs if they are tripping. you'll never get them, i promise..

it's just plain annoying, too.

Invisiblevandago
Flat Earther
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: idiotek]
    #3395133 - 11/22/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

I'd have to agree 110% on the asking if you're ok and walking around beinga bad idea. I had my sitters brother tell me I looked aful when I was on 11 grams of shrooms and it freaked me out so bad I ran and called 911.

--------------------
Thread Lightly in here.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3395229 - 11/22/04 07:57 AM (12 years, 20 days ago)

i love being the sitter. sometimes its almost as fun (rewarding) as eating them myself, especially when the tripper is going at it for the first time. just watching and being a part of someones first time tripping is an amazing experience for me.

but being a trip sitter isnt all fun and games. sometimes, the one you are sitting has a bad trip....and thats when it gets tough. sometimes a sitter who doesnt know how to handle these situations can be worse than having no sitter at all. the best thing i have found for when the trip is taking a wrong turn...is change of scenery. if you are inside, take them outside. turn on some music, change the music....hell even put in a movie or something. do something to give the tripping person a way out of their current mindset. one time a friend of mine was getting a little nervous during the peak, and i just started to make weird noises. kinda like the goo goo ga ga noises alot of people do at little babies. and after a few minutes he was doing it too, cracking up in laughter saying how he never realized how much fun that could be. ive had many experiences where just the act of walking outside made my trip pull a complete 180.

if that doesnt work, as sometimes it doesnt, just be there for them. keep reasuring them that they are ok. that they will come down, that its all in their head. remind them that they ate some mushrooms (sometimes they forget) eventually they will start to come down and snap out of it, but just be there for them. i dunno much else, thats all ive really come across in the ways of trip sitting. most times i sit i end up eating some to, once i see that things are going well.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3395291 - 11/22/04 12:18 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I disagree about asking if they're okay, so long as it's said with the right tone and intent. I think worrying too much about how what you say comes off can be harmful. I often am a sort-of trip-sitter, but I always trip (on a fairly low dose) aswell, because few of my friends are experienced with mushrooms. I find being on mushrooms gives you a better position to talk to them from. I hate it when people pussy-foot around tripping people, as if any mention of the word "bad" will send them into a horrible trip.

I've had to deal with 2 people having bad trips, both times I was on shrooms too, and what worked really well was the element of surprise. They would be sitting down with their head between their hands or whatever, and I say loudly in a firm voice, "Stand!", followed by "stretch" and "breathe in". They followed my orders both times, and started laughing. This is pretty much contradictory to advice given to trip sitters, but its worked for me.

I'm just saying that nervous trip-sitters trying really hard not to worry their tripping friend isn't a good idea. If you're worrying too much about what your saying, they'll pick that up.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: deafpanda]
    #3395540 - 11/22/04 10:18 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

On a somewhat related note a constant refrain of "Do you feel anything yet, do you feel the mushrooms yet, huh huh do you do you do you huh huh huh ?" gets annoying fast.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: tomk]
    #3395871 - 11/22/04 11:28 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
On a somewhat related note a constant refrain of "Do you feel anything yet, do you feel the mushrooms yet, huh huh do you do you do you huh huh huh ?" gets annoying fast.

Yeah i can relate ! lol gets annoying very fast

--------------------

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#3396150 - 11/23/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

i think the sitter should act as if they would if they were normally there, i mean maybe its just me (ive never used a sitter except on salvia) but if i had somone around me while i was tripping and they were watching my every move or just acting diffrently then they would everyday would make my mindset alittle off. setting is everything

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet
    #3397293 - 11/23/04 09:23 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

I am printing this thread and giving it to my brother.
It may not matter now since the first experience is over and done with. I've chosen to go solo the next time I trip. Just in case I decide to invite him again, he'll know better the next time around.
Thank you.

~Desiree~

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineMetatrad

#3398127 - 11/23/04 02:03 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

I could use a sitter sometime.Putting in CDs or turning on a game system or loading up an MP3 playlist can be very difficult.

Theres been numerous times where I've got this stack of CDs and I'm trying to find the one I want in the stack, and it's like I'm wearing boxing gloves and my eyes are covered with vaseline, then I just give up after 15 minutes or so.

Has anybody else ever watched a DVD tripping and then when its over it stays on the menu animation forever because you cant be arsed to turn it off?

OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: A Complete Idiots Guide To : Sitting [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3398131 - 11/23/04 02:04 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

"Can you see anything yet?"

As if you'd be in the right state to explain the complexity of your situation at the time.. Very irritating..

And I hate being asked if I'm okay when I'm having a good time because my friends always say it kicks off a reaction "Oh am I actually okay? Damnit I DO feel a bit weird...Ut oh"

And so on..

Best question to ask "Are you not just having the best time of your life?"

That's my favourite thing..Realising you are COMPLETELY content with what you're doing at that time..

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3401448 - 11/24/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 18 days ago)

lol, when I saw the thread title I thought it meant a complete idiot's guide to sitting down :P

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience