Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
bubbler in jar serial setup humification
    #3390146 - 11/20/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey there!

i recently wondered, if the "bubbler in jar" air humification method,
would somehow allow very humid air if one decided to hook up many of these jars in serial.

like, jar1with bubbler feeds jar2with bubbler feeds jar3withbubbler and so on...

it would make perfect sence, that humidity steadily increases,
but the thing i wonder about is, how high would one be able to push the humidity using this method?

also, since it makes perfect sence, the more jars u use, the more power ur
airpump has to have since there will be lots of power required in order to push
the air through many jars/bubblers.

so the question is, how much can one humify the air using this 'setup'
and what would the average % of rh be if one would use for example 5 jars in seria?
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: bubbler in jar serial setup humification [Re: ohmatic]
    #3390245 - 11/20/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i see one BIG flaw in this whole thought. if you create the humidity in jar one and the it goes into the tube into the jar #2s water then you have killed the whole concept of humidity by reintroducing it in water it will just stay in the water. it will not just magically pass through the water cause it is water. sorry but this does not seem feesable.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: bubbler in jar serial setup humification [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3390814 - 11/20/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you could just put air sticks at the bottom of your terrarium like the PMP

Offlinedjred

Re: bubbler in jar serial setup humification [Re: fresh313]
    #3390848 - 11/20/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i like the bendable ones..they seem nice for 5 dollars..

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: bubbler in jar serial setup humification [Re: djred]
    #3390950 - 11/20/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it is feasible, the air stones in the jars create tiny bubbles above the waters surface which eventually leads to moisture in the air and that equals a raise in the Rh. but a hassle and two many jars taking up space and gonna cost just as much as a humidifier.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: bubbler in jar serial setup humification [Re: KyKid]
    #3390991 - 11/20/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

have you guys ever set up a bubble stone? it has to be in the water.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3391005 - 11/20/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

have you ever set one up in a jar full of water, i guess not, if you would listen the jar is full of water. and theres not enough space in the jar for all the air circulating in the jar thats being pumped in so it goe out the top of the jar in bubbles, this method has been used before alot.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3391024 - 11/20/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if the jar is full of water then the air stone is still going to be in the water which defeats the whole purpose of the first jar(s). the humidity will just get reabsorbed by the water when it is passing through it.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3391055 - 11/20/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you use t connectors to branch off all the air stones to each jar so actually you only have one pump and one main line running all five jars but they are each getting there own air supply which is making bubbles in the jars and they are rising into the air which is creating humidity. no if money wasnt an option a single pump for each jar would work better because of the reason your talking about (loosing to much moisture in the lines before it makes it into the air.) but with only one pump i assure you it will still rise the rh up and the moisture will not loose much to the lines while passing into the next jar becuase its not on a lines that goes from jar to jar but rather from the pump into all the jars at once so theres not transfer of the moisture.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3391063 - 11/20/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i take it all back i just snapped to the method you are doing. i forgot there is more than one way to skin a cat. my way is different. but i still think your way wont work because there wont be enough pressure after it finds the easiest way to escape (through the bubble stone.) i dont know how the strength of the pump will hold out cause its feesable to think that at almost any pressure most would expell through the stone. answer me this and ill know we are on the same page. you have to use a 3 way valve to acheive this setup. it is easy to misenterpret this if that is never mentioned.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3391075 - 11/20/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

and i agree 100% with your multi air pump but this would not be cost efficent like you said.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3391135 - 11/20/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i agree the air is gonna take the easiest route to the surface which would lead to most of the air entering out one of the air stones instead of a even amount going to each of the jars, but some air will reach all jars and will help, i don't know how much better this would be than just one jar using the full power for one jars (this is the method i am used to). i know the surface area would decrease with only one jar but i would think that since you have all the power of the pump harnessed into one small location it would create just as much if not more moisture into the air. so in general i guess i was fighting and argument that i am in fact against. sorry man. i do understand his logic for assuming more jars would equal more humidity but now that i look at it it would be the same air output so the in the end i would suggest one jar over multiple. but then again i have been wrong on many occasions and this may be one of them.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3391215 - 11/20/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah im sorry also. just got another idea that my work or might not, havent really thought it through. you have 1 jar and then splice the line with a 3 way valve and then put 2 lines into 2 air stones and then into the jar. this may alow you to use the full effect of your psi by reducing the friction of the air stone by increasing the more escape routes through the use of 2 stones. may work.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3391236 - 11/20/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I see were your going with it, should work from what i can see. im so tired even little problem solving like this is making my brian hurt.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3391244 - 11/20/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i feel you and the wife is all pissy cause ive been on the comp all day. i think i might go soon.

--------------------

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3391324 - 11/20/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

just to point something out... in the PMP the airpump in the water is not to create humidity.. its to provide fresh air. the perlite/hydroton creates the humidity by increasing the surface area the water has to evaporate from. i'm not to sure bubbling it would create an increase in RH. It would mostly keep contams out because the water is in motion and not so supsetable to pond bacteria (the analogy is pond water is still and therefore gets more bacterial life then a moving water supply) now this is just my two bits.

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: bubbler in jar serial setup humification [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3391350 - 11/20/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

they sell the same things were trying to make ourselfs and they are made for raising the rh up in reptil tanks, were not talking about the pmp here, i totaly see what your saying but you gotta look at it as were saying it. ill do some research on it and post back with some links i know its been done before and it infact helps raise the rh

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3391372 - 11/20/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

its more rasing the RH because its a jar of water evaporating then the air.. imo.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3391382 - 11/20/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah thats what i use. now you can understand how i got confused. mine is called tropic aire. but i was thinking of a way to increase a home-made version. and the ones they sale raises the humidity 15-20% if you want to know from personel experience.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3391403 - 11/20/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

seena a reptile tank that creates ideal growing for shrooms, but i wasn't going to fork out that kinda money for somehitn gi can make for half the cost. seen it at pet smart.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order