Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3392606 - 11/21/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Everything muslims do is probably holy to him. Another Zahid, or it is zahid.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3392951 - 11/21/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have given you two opportunities to elucidate, but it seems you are unable to clarify your thoughts.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: Swami]
    #3393067 - 11/21/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Swami asks --

Does being pro mean that you support every single act of every single government agency?

Nope.

Or does being pro mean that if you have doubts, you NEVER exercise your free speech to voice discontent?

Nope.

Does being pro mean you go along with the majority no matter which way the wind blows and wear a flag lapel pin?

Nope.

Am I considered anti by some...

Yes.

... merely for presenting an alternate viewpoint or for pointing out hypocracy or policy contradictions?

No, you are considered "anti" by some for doing nothing but pointing out hypocrisy and policy contradictions. It should also be noted that a very large percentage of the accusations you present in this forum have been either disproven (i.e. the "increased rate of troop suicides") or have been made with no supporting data.

Am I considered anti by some for actually believing in morality by being against armed conflict as a solution?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I wouldn't say you are "anti" for the mistaken belief that armed conflict is never necessary in order to avoid worse breeches of morality, I would say it is instead a demonstration of naivete.

I fail to see how I can be anti-American if I vote, pay taxes, follow her laws, enlist to protect her and make other societal contributions.

I don't know whether or not you as a person are anti-American. I do know that without exception your substantive posts -- in this forum at least -- are uniformly critical of America. It therefore cannot come as a surprise to you that some readers of this forum would choose to perceive you as anti-American.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: Stein]
    #3393160 - 11/21/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

way I look at it I think we got it good, at least, compared to every other country on this planet. Tell me a better one and I'll help you get there.

name one scrap of land on this planet that isn't influenced by American policy.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3393665 - 11/21/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I have given you two opportunities to elucidate, but it seems you are unable to clarify your thoughts.

My thoughts were simple, I thought your statement reminded me of when Clinton was being questioned. Im not sure what I need to clarify. My stance on pro/anti americans was not put on the table for everyone to read.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: Phred]
    #3393667 - 11/21/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

...are uniformly critical of America.

And America meaning what? Bush & Co.? Please elaborate.

I like apple pie, Yosemite, the Pacific Coast, the desert, sports, rock & roll, Humboldt's finest, my family and friends; etc. etc.

--------------------

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3394182 - 11/21/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Why is America the subject? Why not "what is pro or anti China, Africa etc etc..."
Feel free to start a thread on that. No one has ever accused me of being pro/anti China.

Its obvious you hate it here.
What is the "it" that you are referring to? What leads you to believe that I hate this mysterious "it"?

I guess I should have taken out the "it" eh? My bad, what I should have said was "obviously you hate here".

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3394251 - 11/21/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
Quote:

Stein said:
The way I look at it I think we got it good, at least, compared to every other country on this planet. Tell me a better one and I'll help you get there.

Why is America the subject? Why not "what is pro or anti China, Africa etc etc..." Its obvious you hate it here. Why stay and complain when theres tremendous opportunities elsewhere in this world?

boy is that ever an assumption, by "that" I mean saying this is the best coutnry in the world to live in.

also how about we go back to the subject of the thread instead of analyzing the poster.

Im sorry, whether it's an assumption or not, I believe it is still freedom of speech. Also, professor, I don't recall saying this is the best country to live in. I recall asking if he knew one better. You should perhaps try answering quotes instead of making an assumption of what was meant.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#3394314 - 11/21/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Stein said:
Quote:

kaiowas said:
Quote:

Stein said:
The way I look at it I think we got it good, at least, compared to every other country on this planet. Tell me a better one and I'll help you get there.

Why is America the subject? Why not "what is pro or anti China, Africa etc etc..." Its obvious you hate it here. Why stay and complain when theres tremendous opportunities elsewhere in this world?

boy is that ever an assumption, by "that" I mean saying this is the best coutnry in the world to live in.

also how about we go back to the subject of the thread instead of analyzing the poster.

Im sorry, whether it's an assumption or not, I believe it is still freedom of speech. Also, professor, I don't recall saying this is the best country to live in. I recall asking if he knew one better. You should perhaps try answering quotes instead of making an assumption of what was meant.

Uh,

The way I look at it I think we got it good, at least, compared to every other country on this planet.

If you say we have it good compared to EVERY other country on this planet, I don't think one needs to be a moron to take from that the implication that this is the best country to live. Be clear with your words if you don't want to get called on it.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3394580 - 11/21/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I guess I should have taken out the "it" eh? My bad, what I should have said was "obviously you hate here".

So you have given up and CANNOT explain what you feel that I hate because in doing so, it would reveal the flaws in your stance.

An honest person would simply have said, "I hate you for holding a position antithetical to mine."

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3395572 - 11/22/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

mayeb the definition of anti would also need to be clarified. when dide "hate" get intertwinde with anti american? seems lots of different opinions of what an anti/pro american is. im called anti american by some family but i love some of the people and love amny of the things there. i dislike more and dont hate much of anything there.

iguess if i had to be put into a a few world generalization i would probably be called anti-american and pro-america.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3395584 - 11/22/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:
I'm simply Anti-Injustice, whoever carries it out - be it America, Russia, Israel, China, or India.

Unless the injustice is caused by muslims.

I oppose injustice carried out by anyone.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What is pro/anti-American? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3396964 - 11/23/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:rotfl:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3397542 - 11/23/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#3400814 - 11/23/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is there a government here?

Reply: yes

Then By god, I?m against it!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order