Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Moving up to poo before winter
    #3387323 - 11/20/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So I figured I would go ahead and upgrade to poo before the farmer's market closes for winter. I know what to do once I get the poo, just mainly need to know what to look for when I go shopping. I know horse is the best, but cow will do in a pinch, pretty much any animal that feeds off of grass. Will they normally list what type of poo is being sold and what all is in it, or what the animals grassed on? Also as far as cover stories go what is a good need for this poo in the winter time? I will also need to be stocking up on vermiculite while I am there and need a good cover story just in case for that to. Any idea's? I normally don't wait this close to winter to stock up, so I have never really needed a cover but the first cold snap has come early this year.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: MadHatR]
    #3387424 - 11/20/04 03:30 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

your girlfriends starting a garden is a good excuse... Or your starting a garden which ever works for you...
Your not gonna be quized on what your buying though, it's not top secret stuff, lol.
I cant really recomend any bagged products cause non of my friends have had much success with em. Make sure to mix in peat moss and vermivulite into the manure/poo to lighten it up so it colonizes faster... :beer:

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #3387720 - 11/20/04 04:57 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well starting a garden just as winter is starting might come off a bit odd. I know there is nothing secret or bad about what I am buying, but I know how salesmen like to talk and ask questions so they can help you, in other words so they can sell you more stuff. In this case even a farmer is a salesman. I just always like to have a good cover story just in case. As for the bagged stuff, this will not be stuff bagged by a company for sale to the general public, pretty much just poo tossed in a bag from a farm and labeled to sell to the people in the area. I know that the poo is good for many things like tomatoes and such, but most people don't go planting though in the winter.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3387881 - 11/20/04 06:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

say you add it to your compost year round.. uhhh.. how about you're making christmas gift bahaha..you use it it in your potting soil when you move plants inside... hell, tell him you grow edibale mushrooms for gods sake.

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3387908 - 11/20/04 06:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't say I am starting a garden, I would say that I want to add it to my garden because I am turning the soil over before winter.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: shobimono]
    #3388772 - 11/20/04 01:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

what shobimono said, personally it's none of his business; i know he doesn't care what you're using it for as long as you buy it. You're the buyer, you ask the questions, you control the sale, not him.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3388845 - 11/20/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lowes,home depot, gardening stores should have some bags of composted cow manure for 2.99/40lb.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: dobinky]
    #3388866 - 11/20/04 01:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Whenever a saleman asks questions about my obviously sketchy endeavors, I just tell them "cuz I'm crazy," and it works every time. You should have seen the looks I got at the feed store looking for 20 x 12 cc 18 guage 1.5" needle syringes!!! I just quickly responded with, "I'm just crazy," and everything is cool. Cause then you can just PRETEND you're really crazy, and crazy people don't give a shit, so magically all your worries are gone!

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3389001 - 11/20/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I do have a shirt with a monkey on it that says "I fling poo" on it, I could just wear that and it would cover the crazy idea. :smile:

I checked all the local stores like lowes and such for poo, and they all carry things like Black Cow, and from what I heard that will not work. Fine for things like poppie seeds, not so good for shrooms.

I like the turning the soil over, or moving plants inside idea though, that would even give a reason for the vermiculite.

I know it is none of there business, but it is still always good to have a plan, especially if you like in the middle of a very anal bible belt. I mean this is a place that my neighbors called the cops saying I must be a gang leader because I have tattoo's, piercings, stay up at night and have after parties at my house. When did a few raver girls become a gang?

When you close your mind you close off the rest of the world to.

--------------------

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3389002 - 11/20/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spliffmasta said:
Whenever a saleman asks questions about my obviously sketchy endeavors, I just tell them "cuz I'm crazy," and it works every time. You should have seen the looks I got at the feed store looking for 20 x 12 cc 18 guage 1.5" needle syringes!!! I just quickly responded with, "I'm just crazy," and everything is cool. Cause then you can just PRETEND you're really crazy, and crazy people don't give a shit, so magically all your worries are gone!

This sounds like an invitation for someone to call the police. I know you aren't doing anything wrong by buying poo or syringes, but do you really want police involved?

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Moving up to poo before winter [Re: shobimono]
    #3389053 - 11/20/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed, why call attention to yourself, when you can think of a good story and toss on some dirty overalls. It really sets your mind at ease to not worry if they are writing down your license plate number. The media has brainwashed the general public to think that anyone that even tries a drug once will become a junkie living on the street and begging for change, while at the same time telling you to go to your doctor and ask them to give you drugs to fix all your problems. 10 times a day I see a commercial telling me to ask a doctor about a blue or purple pill. Shouldn't the doctor be telling you what you need to be taking? When you have to go in and ask them abouts pills they are no longer doctors, just dealers in lab coats and a nice office. :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation