Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Some more unidentified (Inactive) shrooms from my front yard plus HUGE Boletes *PICS*
    #3385764 - 11/19/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Found these growing, well I guess it's pretty obvious where.  :crazy:

Orange shrooms with rust colored spores as you can see.  Man there were a hell of alot of spores.

Are these boletes the edible kind?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Some more unidentified (Inactive) shrooms from my front yard plus HUGE Boletes *PICS* [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3386191 - 11/19/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Your orangish mushrooms suggest Gymnopilus. There are a lot of species in the genus, and most of them aren't active, so don't get too excited. Another possibility is Pholiota - these two genera intergrade enough that some species will certainly end up moving from one genus to the other.

As for the boletes, we need to know a bit more.

Look carefully at the surface of the stem. Is there a pattern of tiny ridges that looks like a net? Look especially near the top of the stem near the tubes. If there is such a pattern, does it extend more or less than halfway down the stem?

Try scratching the tube surface with a fingernail. Does it turn blue within a couple seconds? If not, try checking after a few minutes and after an hour. What we need to know is if it changes to blue and if it does so quickly or slowly.

What kind of trees were they growing near?

Where is your yellow submarine?

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: Some more unidentified (Inactive) shrooms from my front yard plus HUGE Boletes *PICS* [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3386510 - 11/19/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The boletes were growing underneath a Pin Oak.

My submarine is currently dry docked southeast of Houston Texas.  :grin:

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Some more unidentified (Inactive) shrooms from my front yard plus HUGE Boletes *PICS* [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3386837 - 11/19/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cool, still need to know the other things to ID the boletes.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineQuaevil
There is lifeout there.....

Loc: Downwind of Seattle
Re: Some more unidentified (Inactive) shrooms from my front yard plus HUGE Boletes *PICS* [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3386845 - 11/19/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

could/are those active?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

#3386945 - 11/19/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Whoops. Sorry about that, I forgot to finish typing what I was thinking. I actually don't have them anymore, but with the amount of rain this week, I'm sure I'll see them again soon.

I believe I've read the edible boletes don't usually grow around here.

I've found others that looked very simliar before, though far smaller, that stained blue nearly immediately. Pretty sure those are the wrong ones.

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #3387922 - 11/20/04 04:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There are a lot of edible bolete species. Boletes as a group are among the safest mushrooms for beginners.

All poisonous boletes bruise blue, have red or orange tubes or tube mouths, or both. There are some that don't fit that description that are inedible because they're bitter or peppery. If you eliminate all those things then you won't be poisoned by the mushrooms. They might not be very good to eat, but that's a matter of opinion.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds