Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepainloc21
Dumb Ass
Please dubble check my work!
    #3385489 - 11/19/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

First let me say thank you to everyone who has helped me get this far. After reading all the teks on this site i decided that i could in fact do a bulk grow. I was most concerned about doing the grain jars myself because of contams so i decided to order pre strelized jars of rye berries. Anyway on to my questions. Below is the tek i put together for myself. I would just like evryone go over it and help me to make sure i havent missed anything or have anything totaly wrong befor i start my grow. I would also liker coments on wether i orderd too much of 1 thing or not enough of something else. My weakest area is proportions. Thanks in advance for the help.

Materials Used

1.3 spore syringes of Equador strain
2.12 quart jars of pre-sterelized Rye Berries.
3.12 wide mouth plastic lids with pre drilled holes and micron magik filters.
4.1 home made tub in tub incubation chamber.
5.2 cubic foot of Wheat Straw
6.10 Pounds of pre-pasturized Compost from high Mtn Compost
7.3 ninty-four quart Rubbermaid tubs with lids for colonizing and fruiting
8.1 ninety-four quart Rubbermaid tub with lid for mixing pasteurized compost and straw.
9.1 large 33 gallon metal trash can with lid to pasturize straw.
10.1 large laundry bag for pasturiziung straw.
11.6 Gallons of pre-mixed, just add water and pasturize, casing mix.
12.MISC: bleach water, peroxide water, gloves, turkey tins, aluminum foil, sarahn wrap ect?..

Step 1: Inoculate Jars of Grain

1.Clean work area with bleach water. Spray bleach water in the air in work area.
2.One jar at a time quickly replace metal lid on jar with plastic lid W/ pre drilled hole.
3.Noc grain with 3cc of spore solution and immediately place band aid over hole.
4.Place Jars ready to inoculate in tub in tub inoculation chamber. Make sure inoculation chamber is 80 to 85 degrees.
5.Shake jars every 4 or 5 days.
6.Should be fully colonized in 2 weeks.

Step 2: Pasteurize Straw

1.Place straw in laundry bag in tub of hot water and weigh down till it is completely submerged. Soak for 24 hrs.
2.Fill metal trash can ? full of hot water and place on stovetop at high heat.
3.Once water gets 170 degrees put laundry bag full of straw in trash can and keep temp between 165 and 175 no higher for 2 hours.
4.After 2 hours remove laundry bag of straw and place on oven rack over sink or tub. Let cool and dry for 12 hours.

Step 3: Prepare/Sterilize fruiting chambers and Mix Straw/Compost

1.Mix straw and compost in large clean container using gloves. Mist with peroxide water. Put clean lid on container.
2.Tape bottom 7 inches of fruiting chamber with duct tape so no light can get through.
3.Spray fruiting chambers and lids with bleach water and wipe clean with paper towels.
4.Get compost/straw mixture and lay 1 even layer of straw compost in bottom of fruiting chamber.
5.Sprinkle colonized grain over layer of straw compost.
6.Repeat steps 4 and 5 until fruiting chamber has 8 inches of mix and ending with a layer of straw compost.
7.Using gloves press down on mixture till it is compacted to about 5 inches deep.
8.Wrap up substrate with clear plastic sheets with holes poked every inch or so. Make sure to tuck around the straw as well. Replace lid on container.
9.Let the straw colonize at room temp (75?F) for 10 to 14 days. Make sure it is fully colonized over the entire surface.

Step 4: Casing / Patching and Fanning

1.Using 4 or 5 large aluminum turkey tins saturate 80% of the casing mix with tap water then mix in the remaining 20% dry to get the moisture right. Pasteurize the casing by cooking it at 160?F covered with foil for 2 hours.
2.Let casing mix cool down for 6 to 8 hours then put a 1 to a 1 ? inch layer of casing over each tub of substrate.
3.Replace plastic sheet with holes over the substrate and casing but do not push down or tuck into the sides. Replace lid to plastic tub.
4.Put tubs back into dark closet for 1 week.
5.Patch as needed. If patched put back into dark closet another week
6.Once casing is fully colonized take plastic sheet with holes off and put just the lid to the container on the tub.
7.Open closet doors to let in light and initiate fruiting.
8.Open lid and fan 4 or 5 times a day until time to harvest.

Step 5: Harvesting and Dunking

1.Using gloves gently twist and pull at the base of the fruit and place in drying chamber.
2.After harvest, using two people lift out substrate brick and place in a bathtub of cool/cold water and weigh down till submerged. Leave dunked for 16 to 24 hours.
3.While dunking substrate brick clean out Rubbermaid tub with bleach water.
4.After 16 to 24 hours of dunking take brick out of water and let dry on oven racks placed over bathtub for 2 hours.
5.After 2 hours place brick back in Rubbermaid tub, Put the lid back on and continue with fanning until next harvest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: Please dubble check my work! [Re: painloc21]
    #3385609 - 11/19/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

3.Noc grain with 3cc of spore solution and immediately place band aid over hole.

3cc could throw of the water issue in the jars, only usee 2cc :thumbup:

Quote:

5.Shake jars every 4 or 5 days.

shake jars at 25% and once again at 75% and it should speed groth considerably.

other than that looks like you got it all worked out :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepainloc21
Dumb Ass
Re: Please dubble check my work! [Re: aussieone]
    #3385737 - 11/19/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Wonderfull, thank you. So do my proportions seem somwhat correct?

Offlineazurescens
    #3385774 - 11/19/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I hope that you dont plan on using all that spawn because that is way too much for such a samll bulk. Also, the high mountain compost bag(10 lb) will only fill 1 square foot to a depth of about 4-6 inches. Personally, I wouldn't even mix it with the straw whereas it is already mixed with straw as is.

Offlineazurescens
    #3385886 - 11/19/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I had to cut that last post short so that I could eat. Anyway, you want to sterilize NOT PASTEURIZE your casing layer. You dont want your casing layer to have any nutrients at all else you invite contams. As I said in my earlier post you are going to either have to order more compost/straw to fill the amounts that you have or you can cut down on the amount of substerate depth. there is a post on here somewhere where hyphae shows a grow using only a 2 in substrate layer of straw/poo and his yield was amazing. It's pretty much up to you seeing whereas you have lots of spawn I would do a few smaller grows as opposed to putting it all into one tub. Good luck though

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Please dubble check my work! [Re: azurescens]
    #3385898 - 11/19/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"double check"
I'm sorry but that just jumped out at me....
what azur said for the rest of it.

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Please dubble check my work! [Re: blink]
    #3385915 - 11/19/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Don't sell yourself short after all of that work, it looks like you've got a very nice grow going. Go look around at garden shops or even at Home Depot for some composted manure, I'm sure that you can find it somewhere. But don't let that be the greatest of your worries, get ur stuff colonized first.

Offlinepainloc21
Dumb Ass
Re: Please dubble check my work! [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3385979 - 11/19/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

@azurescens
I was going by Shroomgods Straw tek about the pasturizing the casing. Then should i PC the casing? I do not yet have a PC beause i wasent planning on PC anything but i could go get one if needed. Also if i am reading this right i have too much straw and not enough compost? Can i say do 1 tub with compost/straw and the other 2 with just straw?
@Blinkidiot
Sorry bout the spelling. I spell babout as good as i add. lol

again thank all of you for the help!!!!!!

Offlinepainloc21
Dumb Ass
    #3385985 - 11/19/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I forgot. About the spawn. How many quart jars should i use for the 3 containers i have listed?

Offlineazurescens
    #3386813 - 11/19/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

In all actuality you could use all of your spawn but but why use it all on one casing when you could do about 12 with what you have. The spawn to substrate ratio varies but the minimum is about 2 cups per square foot and I to go with 1 qt per square foot but again it is up to you. I'm not knocking shroomgods tek whereas I have seen many fine grows of his but I believe that you always want your casing to be nutrient free so I guess you could go either way with that one but if you do decide to sterilize you can just throw it in the oven. You have too little straw and compost for the area of the grow that you said you were trying to achieve. Like I said 1 bag of the HMC will fill a 1x1 ft to a depth of about 6 inches. I dont know how much the straw will break down to whereas it depends on how compressed it is.

Offlinepainloc21
Dumb Ass
Re: Please dubble check my work! [Re: azurescens]
    #3387107 - 11/20/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My only concern with the pasturizing vs sterilizing is contams. I am willing to do witch ever one is less likely to get contams.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate