Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDark_Star
Loose as the Juice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Has anyone else noticed...
    #3381979 - 11/18/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of our technology really sucks? For instance, you're in line at the grocery store, and the register takes a shit. You may have to wait hours before you checkout. Imagine if all the registers, or even a large amount of the registers all over the country or world took a shit at the same time. Mass chaos, and that is only one small example, only one bit of technology. It seems to me that we have set ourselves up for disaster. People are way too fucking dependant on all these flashy gadgets, and it could all crash at once. Now, that is extremely unlikely, but it still makes me a little nervous.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone else noticed... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3382014 - 11/19/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was at the hardware store the other day and the power went out and the cashier couldnt figure out the sales tax on my purchase with a calculator, so I had to go back when the power was on. Its not that the technology sucks, its that the people using it do not understand how it operates.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #3382024 - 11/19/04 12:07 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ahh... when i try to think of all the possible events that could happen in the universe... it makes my brain hurt

are people too dependant on technology? ... probably

no excuse me while i simultaneously use 19 pieces of electronics at once :lol:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3382857 - 11/19/04 04:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

we are way too dependant on technology. i was talking to this one chick about can openers and i was like i dont like electric can openers. are people really that lazy they can't open a fucking can? like what if the power goes off. well shit there goes all that canned food that's gonna last you till the power comes back haha.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Has anyone else noticed... [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3382884 - 11/19/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

exactly, for some things it isn't usefull to have an electric version of it, like canopeners.
I also noticed that a lot of people can't do anything by themselves; like repairing really basic stuff etc

maybe if you need to open 1000 cans a day I would still like to have an electrivc one :rolleyes:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3383179 - 11/19/04 09:46 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of our technology really sucks? For instance, you're in line at the grocery store, and the register takes a shit. You may have to wait hours before you checkout. Imagine if all the registers, or even a large amount of the registers all over the country or world took a shit at the same time. Mass chaos, and that is only one small example, only one bit of technology. It seems to me that we have set ourselves up for disaster. People are way too fucking dependant on all these flashy gadgets, and it could all crash at once. Now, that is extremely unlikely, but it still makes me a little nervous.

that's what the Y2K scare was about. the same could be said for our reliance on oil

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub