Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

easy baked chicken and potato soup
    #3380984 - 11/18/04 08:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just invented this... I didn't really have groceries that made a 'meal' just a bunch of random side dish type stuff.

and i was too lazy to go to the store

here's what went down

whatcha need:

2 boneless skinless chicken breast

frozen veggies I had the 'stir fry' mix. you can use fresh veggies if you want. the mix was red and green bell peppers, broccoli, onions, and mushrooms.

1 can cream chicken and mushroom soup (not a can each, they now have a hybrid soup  :grin: )

2 baking potatoes

whatcha do:

OK the point here is to make a foil packet. rip a big peice of foil. about 2 feet long. lay it on a cookie sheet and in the middle dump out the can of chicken/mushroom soup. on top the soup nestle the chicken breasts. scoop a little butter on top of the chicken, season with garlic salt, lemon pepper, salt and pepper. next add veggies on top. fold up in a nice tight packet. take your potatoes and wash then; stab a few times with a fork. drizzle extra virgin olive oil (EVOO as sexy rachael ray would say) then sprinkle with garlic salt and regular salt. wrap potatoes in foil like a regular baked potato.

bake it all at 450 for an hour.

now when I originally started this I thought I had some rice. I was just going to make rice then serve the soup/veggies over the rice. Well i didn't have any rice.

when everything was done I took one of the baked potatoes, opened it up and chopped it just a little bit then poured the soup mixture over it. the chicken had butter on it so it melted into the soup, so you didn't really need to butter the potato. and the soup mixes with the bits of potato so it's like a really chunky potato stew. and of course the chicken is good since it baked with all the good stuff... and easy to clean because it all cooked in foil.

makes enough for two... or in my case, lunch for tomorrow :thumbup:

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing