Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemoleman
Stranger
Active or not?
    #3380887 - 11/18/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey hows it going fellow shroomers?,
About a month or two ago I collected cow manure from a pasture down the road (I live in suburban Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, directly beside a train line, the pasture is on the same road), two cows are kept on the property during summer. The pasture has quite a few Eucalyptus trees on it (the pasture is very small) and the general area itself is riddled with them.

The dung was taken home, broken up and placed on an old unsuccessful veggie patch in an attempt to turn improve the soil, so that we could plant veggies etc for summer. I didn't get round to planting anything but after a while corn, grass, and tomato plants popped up from previous crops. We then had a series of big storms with heaps of rain which hit us for about three days. About 2 days after that I noticed mushrooms popping directly out of some pieces of dung. I didn't pay much attention but then I decided to snap one and it turned .... BLUE! A few more came up, and I ended up picking about 2 dried grams over 2 days. The rain had stopped so I decided to keep on watering everyday to see if it would keep producing. It is about a week since I collected the first lot, and it appears as thought the second flush has started. Now I have no idea if these are actually active mushrooms but I'll try and give you enough ifo to id them.. And on top of that i have a feeling that there are 2 types of mushrooms growing . I shall post pictures once I find my damn usb cable. Now for the details..

Mushroom No. 1-

Sporeprint - Black (if its not black then it is deep deep purple)

Cap- Size- Diameter -Ranging from 1cm on the small ones to about 3.5 on the big ones (I may be picking them too early though, I dunno).
Height- 1-2 cm.

Cap- Color- They differ a bit, the majority of some are white with a spot of gold at the very top of the cap whilst some are primarilary gold, but it is still obvous that the gold extends down from the top of the cap. When dried it tends to turn beigey off white type of colour, and as cracks appear in the cap as it dries the go blue.

Cap- Shape- They seem to start of slightly bell shaped then flatten out a little with age and form into a conic shape. The edge of the cap is straight.

Gills- Purply-brown to black. Close.

Stem- It is central. The stem is white sometimes taking on more of a fleshy shade. It is quite skinny, appears to be hollow and stains blue within 5 minutes of picking. Some have little white lesions on it where the stem enters the cap. Most stems are around 3-5mm thick and anywhere from 3-6cm long.

Odour- I have eaten shrooms a about 5 times and every time they have tasted the same. I describe it as 'nutty' as in peanuts, but when looking at your descriptions 'Farinaceous' sounds like it is more appropriate. Definitely a ground meal smell to these mushrooms, and it is more pronounced when dry.

Touch- Dry

When I first discovered the mushrooms they were solitary except for two which were growing right next to each other. As time has progressed though and the second flushes have started, they are begining to group together, mainly in twos, but one piece of dung has 6 mushrooms grouped on it.

As a side note I pulled the dung apart that the first big shroom appeared out of and it was covered in white mycelium. And as another I pulled two that looked almost identical but were very small and had remenants of veils left on their stems, where as all the others did not. And another is that there seems to be another type of fungi growing on the ground, which sends up inverted cone shaped growths(in big groups) about 0.5 a cm high that release spores (is this a bad sign?)

Oh and a note, I have not eaten these mushrooms.

Finally just so every one knows all mushrooms that I have collected from this patch have stained blue.

I shall update on the second type of mushrooms soon, gotta get this usb cable.

Thanks for reading guys pics will be up soon.
moleman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Active or not? [Re: moleman]
    #3381604 - 11/18/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

some kind of panaeolus? could be panaeolus antillarum... wait for DH or toxic to ID this before you take my word for it. A picture would be very helpful too.

They stain blue? hmmm... thats confusing...

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3382131 - 11/19/04 12:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds like the perfect description of an active Copelandia. The bluing reaction is the easiest way to distinguish them from inactive Pans.

One to two cm stems seems a little low. Maybe somebody who has actually collected them would know about that.

Offlinemoleman
Stranger
Re: Active or not? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3382195 - 11/19/04 12:47 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys thanks for the feedback,
Sorry shroomydan I meant that the height of the cap is around 1-2cm. The mushrooms that are growing now are much larger than the previous ones I've picked, and they seems to be changing a bit with age so I'll get up close and personal with them and get a more detailed report. I was thinking Copelandia too, but I that could be my wishful thinking.

Cheers for dropping by shroomieofdoomie all feedback is very helpful..
moleman

Offlinepokey
Stranger
    #3435293 - 12/02/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i dont really have any input about the mushroom but i live in cairns, queensland and have been going every morn to cow fields for the last 2 weeks. after my last venture out ended in up a cop car pulling up which resuletd in a search of my car revaling a bong i decided to stop early morning hunting. still keen 4 shrooms i decided to just collect a few bags of cow dung and dump it in my yard. i have been watering a few times a day its been a day so far, hopefully sumthing will come up :laugh:

OfflineCong
i suck
Re: Active or not? [Re: pokey]
    #3435319 - 12/02/04 12:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

LoL, Pokey with the new "technique" of hunting for shrooms.

instead of stealing shrooms, he steals cow/horse poo and makes his own!

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Active or not? [Re: pokey]
    #3436292 - 12/02/04 09:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've brought home cow shit before, but only if I found shrooms growing out of it. You can have all the cow shit in the world, but if it doesn't have spores in/on it then you won't get shrooms. Find some of the cow patties with shrooms already on them and bring those home to keep from having to constantly go back to the fields.

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Active or not? [Re: newusername222]
    #3436670 - 12/02/04 11:55 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow, that's like the third or fourth time i've heard of someone watering poo hoping for mushrooms.

read my man. you need spores. :smile:

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Active or not? [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3436944 - 12/02/04 01:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"watering poo hoping for mushrooms."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :iloveyou:

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Active or not? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3437595 - 12/02/04 03:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hehehehe

Offlinepokey
Stranger
Re: Active or not? [Re: psiclops]
    #3444933 - 12/04/04 08:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well this morning a shit loads of white little buds apperaed and a few purple buds. tonight sum of the white buds have become mini mushrooms about 5cm high. see what they look like early 2morro morning :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification