Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineArdA
Stranger

What Happens if u are depressed..?
    #3380066 - 11/18/04 05:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well, i have some problems in my life, like family problems and about my future.. maybe some basic mental problems.. i ate shrooms before but last time i felt a bit of strange.. some paranoia about other people around me.. So any1 have an idea what happens u eat shrooms if u are depressed..? do u think i sould not eat 'em anymore..? =(((

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: ArdA]
    #3380095 - 11/18/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i personally would not suggest you eat the if you r deppresed. may make you do something crazy.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3380119 - 11/18/04 05:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i've had some miserable trips while depressed...i would strongly recommend you wait until you get things figured out and are in a more comfortable and stable place in life. feelings and emotions are intensified while on shrooms, and little trivial things can feel like the end of the world...so you can only imagine what real problems feel like. on the other hand, some people use mushrooms as a tool to help make their place in the world more clear to them and to realize what it is they need to change about their life. it can be very useful in this way, but i however would advise against it.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3380156 - 11/18/04 05:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms will ampilfy whatever your already feeling.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineArdA
Stranger

Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3380210 - 11/18/04 05:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well maybe i should give a break to shroomin'  :sad: or maybe a friend with positive energy can help me..

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#3380469 - 11/18/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I usually get into a downward spiral....

It'll start like "hey I wish my gf were with me..."  (just an example)
then "man I miss her..."
"I should be with her now. I don't treat her very well, I should be doing more for her...  telling her how I care about her"
Then after that point its just hopless....
"omgzmylifeisshitandIshouldbetakingacreofmygirlandIshouldbebackinschool
andnobodylikesmeandIhavenofriendsandtheworldisagainstmeandiama
worthlesspieceocrapandhereiamallwhackedoutondrugswhenIshould
bedoingsomethingconstructive..."  and so on and so on for about 4 hours  :tongue:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Offlinefloydguitar
smooth guitarist

Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: Llamanose]
    #3381057 - 11/18/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

would not eat them while depressed just get all your shit taken care of and when you are good then start eating them again it will be so much better. good luck.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3381100 - 11/18/04 08:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say it depends on how frequent your depressive episodes are.  Like for me, I know it is better not to dose around the time of my period, because I get suicidally depressed around that time. 

However, for the other two weeks of the month I feel upbeat, full of life and happy and know it is safe to dose. 

I've also struggled with major depressive disorder in the past, where I was depressed and down all the time.  I would have *never* dosed when I was feeling this way.  It's just asking for trouble. 

Also, what might help you make your decision, is asking yourself *why* you want to take shrooms.  I know when I am in a depressed state, I tend to have a lot of "escapist" desires.  In my opinion, you shouldn't use mushrooms as an escapist way of dealing with your problems. 

Deal with the issues first, know your body and mind, and then dose.  :thumbup:

Edited by EllemyshShade (11/18/04 08:55 PM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: MOTH]
    #3381541 - 11/18/04 10:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the only drug i could sorta suggest when depressed is Salvia, it's to short for you to do something crazy while on it (that's depression related, anyways) and even than you're trippin to hard to think about anything during the peak, but the come down and afterglow have great anti-depressant qualities and also i've found it to make my head more clear headed, kinda like giving my brain a shower, if there's a psychedelic to help you out, it's salvia.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: JCoke]
    #3382448 - 11/19/04 02:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, it's not a good idea to take anything when you are feeling depressed that will change or alter your mentality, but there are things you can do. If you make sure you have a good day and that good things are on your mind and that your attitude is positive, then that specific time may be good for taking shrooms. It's up to you. You know your feelings best.

--------------------

Offlinejustonemoretime
Stranger
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: matchbook]
    #3382890 - 11/19/04 05:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I get the same kind of downward spiral Llamanose mentioned.

doing mushrooms while depressed or while you're not in the best state of mind or have problems around you in your life really isn't the best idea.

It just takes one thing to set me off if I'm depressed then I'll start focusing on it and going over it on my head and realising I should be doing something about it and then through other crappy things in my life that I should be sorting out.

Then I get locked down in this state of oh my god I'm messed up on shrooms and I can't do anything about any of that right now and why am I doing this to myself when I should be dealing with my life cycle until the trip ends.

It's so not fun. Being depressed on it's own is much better than being on shrooms and being depressed.. I know all about wanting to escape from what's going on in your life (at least personally) but being on shrooms doesn't let you escape anything, it just forces me to think about it even more and in mind screwing ways.

If somehow none of this convinces you to not do it, get some over the counter nytol and keep a couple in your pocket and if things start getting a bit crappy then sleep it off. Then again recommending you have sleeping medication laying around in that state seems stupid in itself, but if you have a sitter to give you the pills it should be fine.

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: matchbook]
    #3382908 - 11/19/04 05:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

don't take them while you are depressed, mushrooms intensify the things we love and the things we hate. if you have more hate than love for this day to day world, you will probally end up having a bad trip, depression is a physical problem with the brain where dead chemicals (not sure what they are called now) are flushed away too quickly (read up on maio inhibitor), are you a sufferer of depression, or do you just feel down? that's the important thing to find out, if your mate becomes ill and your sad, that isn't actually depression, depression is physical problem with the brain! Taking them on a day you are happy wont make the trip any better, if your miserable all week and on the Saturday you feel good about your self, chances are you will still have a shit/bad trip! no drug can solve a problem, especially shrooms. wait until you are happy with your life and your self before you take them, or until you take them again, your notice the difference! your have an afterglow (like i have at the mo, i tripped on Wednesday) that will last for days, even weeks!!

You can always start of with baby hawaiian woodrose seeds, as these aren't as intense on the mind and the way we think when we are tripping! there's a rule

the less of "mushroom/lsd/lsa etc" you take the less better it can be/less worse it can be, higher does widen the gape, you can be in hell, or you can be in heaven!

hope my mumbling gave you some interest!

The rule for shrooms is don't take them if you have second thought about taking them, and never take them if you are unhappy in anyway!!

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: cadam]
    #3385162 - 11/19/04 05:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, if something crosses your mind that bugs you the slightest you will start to dwell on that, and it will be very difficult to stop thinking about it..if i get caught up in thinking about something that brings me down, i often will do something else to distract me, hmm like start having a conversation about something else with someone...? who knows, best advice i can give is just wait until after you work your shit out

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: syanesso]
    #3385723 - 11/19/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I am very surprised that everyone is against this. I was depressed for a couple years at one point in my life. My friend read about therapists using psychedelics to help people with issues work them out back in the 50's and 60's I believe. I'm not entirely sure if that's even true I never looked into it but a good friend I trust told me about it. After a very very intense mushroom trip I cured myself of my depression. Something the medicines prescribed to me by the damn "experts" could never do for me. The shrooms opened up my mind to something that I had never experienced in all the years of my life before psychedelic use. In this place I was able to analyze myself and my depression and somehow rework the way my brain was functioning and snap myself out of depression. I haven't been back into a depressed state since this trip, and I wouldnt trade that for anything in the world. Maybe I am an isolated case, that I don't know, just figured I'd throw something out there for the unpopular position on this thread.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What Happens if u are depressed..? [Re: gdman]
    #3386311 - 11/19/04 10:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms will ampilfy whatever your already feeling.

I have never felt that I was being mentally probed by a giant Mantoid BEFORE tripping...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience