Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
People > Drugs
    #3378563 - 11/18/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

One of my favourite things about the Shroomery is the incredible diversity of people from all over. Everyone has a different experience to share if you are willing to listen. The people are amazing and we all have one thing in common. Drugs? Not really. I say it's curiosity.

When I first came to the Shroomery about 6 years ago, it was for entirely different reasons then why I am still here now. I came for the information I was seeking in my young curious world, stayed for the good company and am still here for the lifelong friends that I have made along the way.

Sure we did some crazy shit along the way too. During ESC, we piled 25+ Shroomerites into 3 hotel rooms in downtown TO and had one of the wildest weekends I'm sure will be remebered for many years to come. Countless WEMFS, a Shroomerite love (or two?)... Crazy cross-country road-trips and head trips, and friends that I know I can always count on.

When I look back at it all, I'm not going to think of the drugs, I'm going to look at all the amazing people who taught me amazing things who made me who I am today. When I see people make posts about how they got 'maxx fuxx0red @ teh gathering, y0' I hope they realize that there is so much more to life then this alternate reality that you create in your own head. I hope they realize how blessed they are to be a part of such a beautiful collective entity.

People > Drugs

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: People > Drugs [Re: CherryBom]
    #3378594 - 11/18/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well said. :smile:

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3378617 - 11/18/04 09:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cherry, you just completely proved what you said in your post.

Cherry > Drugs

I feel what you mean though and I've never met anyone from here.. though I really want to, especially a few people.

Everyone here is amazing and unique in their own way. I feel fully comfortable talking about some of the more personal things in my life, even compared to some of my good friends. It feels like a family here in a way, and a lot of people here that I don't even know don't feel like strangers.. it's just a shame that law enforcement forces us to be cautious toward people we get close to here. I'm sure some of you though know who you can trust and who you can't through meeting at gatherings/etc.

I really look forward to meeting a lot of you sometime in the future for the sheer fact we all share a common bond of knowledge, love, insight, and the experience of life in general.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3378623 - 11/18/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good post :cool:

first I also came to the shroomery to learn more about magic mushrooms and later other drugs.
but after that you keep comiong back because of the nice vibes that are here and because this website is really 'living'. :mushroom2:
If someone has a problem of any kind there are lot's of supportive members ready to help you out. Also the Only reasen that I would like to live in the US for is that I could attend those crzy road trips and gatherings :grin:
Although I don't know many shroomerites in person I feel at home here most of the time. I'm also glad that there are more forums than just mushrooms/drug related ones. I love the MA&L for example and ofcoarse the Pub. :laugh:

I'm here for over 3 years and I think I'll stick around for a while :sun:

and it's definately true that People > Drugs

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: People > Drugs [Re: stefan]
    #3378634 - 11/18/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Great post! I already know this place to have a KICKASS social environment. I've learned so much already and feel that i've made some good points. Made some very interesting friends already (i've only been here less than 3 weeks), and gave/recieved some cool plant seeds. This place is beautiful.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: People > Drugs [Re: stefan]
    #3378639 - 11/18/04 09:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinefloydguitar
smooth guitarist

Re: People > Drugs [Re: relativexistance]
    #3378654 - 11/18/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

great post :thumbup:

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Re: People > Drugs [Re: floydguitar]
    #3378662 - 11/18/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, and i came to this place first for my love of plants, but now i know that it's not even about that. I see myself going to a shroomery gathering in the next few years, heh. I'm sure it'd be a total lifechanging experience. You guys are kickass. There should be a gathering in Boulder, Colorado (although i don't think many of you live around here), it'd be so wonderous.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3378665 - 11/18/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dogs are the best people.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3378680 - 11/18/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
One of my favourite things about the Shroomery is the incredible diversity of people from all over. Everyone has a different experience to share if you are willing to listen. The people are amazing and we all have one thing in common. Drugs? Not really. I say it's curiosity.

When I first came to the Shroomery about 6 years ago, it was for entirely different reasons then why I am still here now. I came for the information I was seeking in my young curious world, stayed for the good company and am still here for the lifelong friends that I have made along the way.

Sure we did some crazy shit along the way too. During ESC, we piled 25+ Shroomerites into 3 hotel rooms in downtown TO and had one of the wildest weekends I'm sure will be remebered for many years to come. Countless WEMFS, a Shroomerite love (or two?)... Crazy cross-country road-trips and head trips, and friends that I know I can always count on.

When I look back at it all, I'm not going to think of the drugs, I'm going to look at all the amazing people who taught me amazing things who made me who I am today. When I see people make posts about how they got 'maxx fuxx0red @ teh gathering, y0' I hope they realize that there is so much more to life then this alternate reality that you create in your own head. I hope they realize how blessed they are to be a part of such a beautiful collective entity.

People > Drugs

Awesome Post man.

The part of your post I put in bold & Underline ... Thats what I am looking for. I have had sooooooo many friend fail me that I am fed up with it. So I am looking to find some people that are like me and share the same interests and stuff. I just wanna know that when I am myself around people they wont go behind my back and tlak badly about me.

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Re: People > Drugs [Re: JettaJay]
    #3378686 - 11/18/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

All you need is love baby. If a friend wrongs you, you show him love. It's what friends should do, it should be a universal law :p

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: People > Drugs [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3378698 - 11/18/04 09:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DMTelepath said:
All you need is love baby. If a friend wrongs you, you show him love. It's what friends should do, it should be a universal law :p

I agree but after they wrong you enough You just gotta stop hanging out with them .... I am down to one friend (My girlfriend)

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Re: People > Drugs [Re: JettaJay]
    #3378718 - 11/18/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know what you mean, but people can and do change. After so much you definitely should stop hangin out with them, but spread the love! I've had friend wrong me and i don't change my attitude towards them one bit and it works on their consciousness. It's the most powerful thing we as humans have...love.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: People > Drugs [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3378723 - 11/18/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good advice. I just don't call them anymore. When they call me we hang out but not until. I try not to be to angry with them.

--------------------
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3378738 - 11/18/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oh bomb, how right you are!

I came for the drugs...I stayed for the people :smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3378929 - 11/18/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bom! Come visit the people!
:shocked:

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: People > Drugs [Re: Phluck]
    #3378984 - 11/18/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Phluck, when I wrote this post, there were about 3 or 4 people I was directly thinking of.  :grin:  You were defintely one of them.  Birthday parties and such...

:heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3379074 - 11/18/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You all should come down here for a huge gathering.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: People > Drugs [Re: Hanky]
    #3379088 - 11/18/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hanky said:
You all should come down here for a huge gathering.

Set one up :wink:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3379098 - 11/18/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
People > Drugs

True, but People + Drugs = :heartpump:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate