Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Terrarium
    #3376112 - 11/17/04 09:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My terrarium is a rubbermaid container that is about 2 feet wide and maybe 10 inches tall (rough estimate). I have a Tetratec deep water pump. I have a few questions.

- Should the end of the tube where the air comes out be under the wet perlite?

-How often should I run the pump, I have been running it 24/7, but im thinking that could hurt my humidity maybe? Would it be better to turn it off at night? (that would be nice, the thing is kinda loud).

Thanks, if you guys have any other tips to keep my terrarium nice and humid please go right ahead :smile:. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: Terrarium [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #3376124 - 11/17/04 09:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so there is no bubblewand or anything attached to the tube? you need some method to dispurse the air more evenly, and yes it should be under the wet perlite.

The pump should run 24/7

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Terrarium [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3376233 - 11/17/04 09:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks. Ok so the air needs to be dispersed more evenly. Poking holes in a 6-8 inch section of the tube and running it along the bottom should do the trick right? Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinescooterbuds
greenthumb
Re: Terrarium [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3376247 - 11/17/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like the box i have,i got mine at wallmart.I make a second lid of clear plexiglass that covers the top openning completely,this will leave you with a box thats almost 100% humidity.And no pump or noise needed,also i paint the outside and bottom of the container with Blk paint and leave the original lid clear. Has worked kickass for me.O you diden't tell us if your casing or pf ? Anyways goodluck....

--------------------
"Make the best of the Hemp seed,sow it everywhere". (George Washington)

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Terrarium [Re: scooterbuds]
    #3379231 - 11/18/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Is it the kind of Rubbermaid with the lid that doesnt snap on but just has a hinge and comes down. I have had to work hard to get it pretty air tight, its still not enough though i think. Your plexiglass idea sounds good, maybe ill copy it with something else.

I am doing half pint pf cakes, but i plan to make a casing soon.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation