Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Never sue your builder
    #3362520 - 11/15/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Marijuana 'grow rooms' found behind fake wall, vault door
Detroit Free Press

VASSAR TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -- Acting on an informant's tip about a recently built home, police found what they describe as an elaborate indoor marijuana-growing complex hidden behind a fake wall and a bank-vault door at the home.

In July, Mark T. Latting sued his builder, claiming defective workmanship on the Tuscola County home, The Bay City Times reported. Two months later, undercover police investigating Latting searched his home and turned up the "grow rooms."

Police say a wall section rotated on a turnstile when they pushed on a pool-cue rack built into the wall. That led to a furnace room, they say, which led to a bank-vault door that could be opened with a keypad combination.

Behind the vault door, officers said they found two grow rooms with their own ventilation systems leading outside, carbon-dioxide tanks to provide gas for plant growth and other equipment related to growing pot.

"These two marijuana grow rooms were built as part of the plans for the new home," said Detective Lt. Mitch Krugielki, commander of the Thumb Narcotics Unit. "It had (marijuana) drying racks built in the hallway between the two grow rooms."

Latting, 49, was charged following the Sept. 28 search with seven counts, including maintaining a drug house. On Nov. 5, Tuscola County District Judge Kim David Glaspie told lawyers to submit briefs within 14 days so he could decide whether to order Latting to stand trial.

Latting's lawyer Mark W. Latchana plans to challenge whether the police search of Latting's home was legal. Latchana said police threatened to get a search warrant if they weren't let behind the vault door.

"The police claim they were granted consent to search (Latting's) home, but there is some question whether the consent given was valid," Latchana said.

Police said they began conducting surveillance on Latting after receiving an anonymous tip that an indoor marijuana-growing complex had been built as part of the home. Latchana said he doesn't know the informant's identity.

Latting's lawsuit against his builder is pending.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Never sue your builder [Re: veggie]
    #3362621 - 11/15/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sad story :rotfl:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3366531 - 11/15/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sad that he didn't know to never give the police your consent, always refuse their searches until they get a warrant

All that preparation for growing too became completely useless. What a shame

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3366556 - 11/15/04 09:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Police say a wall section rotated on a turnstile when they pushed on a pool-cue rack built into the wall. That led to a furnace room, they say, which led to a bank-vault door that could be opened with a keypad combination.

Dude, thats so fucking sweet.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: Catalysis]
    #3367690 - 11/16/04 06:05 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I find it odd that nowhere in the article does it actually mention that he was growing anything... only that he had a setup to grow...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: Seuss]
    #3367719 - 11/16/04 06:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think he wasn't growing anyting.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: Anno]
    #3368069 - 11/16/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I too thought about this, maybe the guy is just a botonist.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: derx]
    #3368105 - 11/16/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

> maybe the guy is just a botonist

:grin: a very paranoid and private botonist...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: Seuss]
    #3368174 - 11/16/04 09:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

he probably blabbed to the builder and the cops that it was a pot garden... i bet he was pleased as shit with himself, and couldn't resist telling people about it...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #3369701 - 11/16/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well I don't believe it plausable to be arrested and charged for running a drug house along with 6 other "accounts" just for having a grow room. The room isn't illegal and it cannot be proved he was going to grow cannabis sativa. There has to be more to the story the press isn't releasing. I dont think he blabbed to anyone, I believe once he tried suing the builder the builder thought "oh ya, take this buddy" Its more than obvious why an individual would want a builder to build that setup.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Never sue your builder [Re: derx]
    #3373346 - 11/17/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

note to self do not use contractors to construct secreat hidden grow room

Anonymous

Re: Never sue your builder [Re: Ramlaen]
    #3375383 - 11/17/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh DUH. a good lawyer would have this case for lunch, what a fucking joke.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: ]
    #3375626 - 11/17/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so, he never actually grew pot in the room? if and wehn he gets off, I would definitly lay low if I was him.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Anonymous

Re: Never sue your builder [Re: gdman]
    #3388077 - 11/20/04 05:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nope, not even any seeds.  just shit that could be used to grow marijuana.  thats just stupid as fuck.  the only thing they got on him is suspiscion because of the room being designed to grow plants in with a ventilation system and CO2 tank(s).  i mean jesus christ :smirk: they could go to my grandmas house and claim she grows weed with all her plant supplies, and she just likes flowers.  she aint got no hidden room or CO2 tank, but hey, thats not the point, the point is....where is the fucking crime in having a house with a room in it?

lol, how pathetic.  desperate piglets.  go bust some fuckin meth labs or something, lamers.

OfflineSnip
aimin' at your head

Loc: Mountains of the Moon
Re: Never sue your builder [Re: ]
    #3404449 - 11/24/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

this is the best thing that the cops are using their time and resources for? ditto, pathetic.

--------------------
cross my heart and hope to die

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals