Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinetheERF
Stranger
ScUbA?
    #335532 - 06/05/01 08:01 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Alright...me and a friend have planned a trip to the Florida Keys to scuba dive. We're also planning to dose while diving. We're both certified divers and have tripped enough time to feel confident about what we are doing....Has any one tried this? We know this is going to be the SHIT all the fish swimming around crazy colors, i just want to know if any one has any suggestions or real serious reasons why not to do it. Thanx, Peace
theERF
-----------
My god...its full of stars

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOuterSpace
journeyman
Loc: USA
Re: ScUbA? [Re: theERF]
    #335576 - 06/05/01 08:49 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Man that sounds like a blast, the feeling of weightlessness, being with nature, schools of fish, coral, all those colors, if you do it please post a report, good luck!!!

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
    #335748 - 06/05/01 11:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well I guess if you're a licensed whatever, then it would be pretty cool, but I have to STRONGLY advise against an unexperienced divers doing such a thing because some retards would just read half of this, and put on a snorkel, so be advised.

How are you gentlemen?
All your base are belong to us !!
Take off every 'zig' ...for great justice

OfflineLightspeed
Stranger
    #336211 - 06/06/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I am have never scuba dived before but I'll put in my 2 cents. Depending on the dose you take, this could really be a bad idea. I think the biggest dange would be disorientation--not being able to tell up from down. You wouldn't want to find yourself 200 ft. down and not know which way the surface is. On high doses it is easy to become confused, even in your own living room. I once got lost in a bar in Amsterdam and it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to get back to my wife. Also, if you have any equipment failures, you will not be in the best state to deal with it and could panic. I am sure you know what you are doing more than I do, just be careful and don't take any unecessary risks.

Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
Re: ScUbA? [Re: Lightspeed]
    #336240 - 06/06/01 02:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I've snorkeled in such a state and it was really cool.
I bet if you're confortable diving (I'm also licenced) and just do a no decompression dive (shallow - not too long) you should be fine. Just make sure you guys remember to watch your depth. Read Hunter S. Thompson's "The curse of Lono" before you go. Good prep. My bro and I read it and then dove the same dives in Hawaii. Good times indeed.

"such a fine line between stupid and...clever."

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #336277 - 06/06/01 03:13 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, it must be really cool but also very dangerous. You can get confused or when there is something wrong with your equipment you probably don't know how to fix it then.
I advise you, when you are really gonna do that, that you should have a sitter (or 'swimmer') with you because you don't want to to get hurt right.

sucked into the vortex....

OfflinetheERF
Stranger
Re: ScUbA? [Re: stefan]
    #336403 - 06/06/01 05:35 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

We were planning on having one of us not dose and be a sitter. And on like the last day if we felt we could handle it MAYBE both at the same time. We wont be going to deep, i think the deepest they said was like 40 ft. which,reletively, isnt TO deep. =D I'm gioing to post what happens no matter what. Keep responding and if u have anything you want us to try thatd be nice.
theERF
---------
My God....ITS FULL OF STARS

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #336452 - 06/06/01 06:47 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Imagine getting torn apart by sharks while peaking on 5g's. That would be COOL!! j/k That sounds like it would be an amazing experience. I imagine just lying on the bottom looking up, being totally relaxed and just taking it all in. I'm jealous.

---------------------
"Hey, get your hands off my china hutch."

Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
    #337170 - 06/07/01 04:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a good approach (having one be the tripper, one be the sitter). Key West is all pretty shallow dives since the water isn't as clear as some places. I bet you'll have fun.

Are you doing a guided thing, or just going out on your own? Might be hard to be normal after seeing the most amazing shit, ya know?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies