Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
True Meaning
    #3367528 - 11/16/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When you are a child, you believe that anything is possible.

Then you grow up, and are taught the way that things work (or are supposed to work in this life), and you lose the imaginative quality of life. You set up illusions and walls in your mind that guide your decisions.

Philosophers have said it before, and ill say it again. I think the only way to truly live life is to attempt to return to the state of mind where you are not goverened by the man-made boundaries of your own mind.

What is the #1 thing that stops people from doing things? I would posit that this would be doubt. If you doubt that you can do something, you wont do it (or at least without a shitload of effort, maybe more than you needed to exert in the first place). I wont take this to the extreme that some people do, saying things like "The only reason you cant walk through walls is because you believe they are there"...because if that were true, id expect to see alot more infants walk through walls...

Remember the power of your own mind.

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: True Meaning [Re: Kremlin]
    #3368038 - 11/16/04 09:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"True Meaning is the Meaning of True"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3368058 - 11/16/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I still believe anything is possible, although i admit i only came (back) to this point after adopting many different belief systems derived from many "reliable"(~~*cough cough*~~) sources throught the years. The mind of a child (again) is a wonderful thing to have :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3368177 - 11/16/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kremlin said:
Philosophers have said it before, and ill say it again.  I think the only way to truly live life is to attempt to return to the state of mind where you are not goverened by the man-made boundaries of your own mind.

Exactly. This is about centering in being first and using the mind second, always through conscious being. As your wall analogy necessitates, the mind and its boundaries are required in terms of directing our experience; however, our sense of presence and being is not to be formed after our pure awareness has been filtered through the mind, but before it.

Thus, the form is always in the context of the formless, which establishes a necessary, important balance which places our being where it should be. :grin: Form only exists in comparison to formlessness, and requires it to be. One who is only aware of form is severely out of balance and is truly seperated. :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRedEyeSamurai
Non-Prophet
Loc: The Valley
Re: True Meaning [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3368860 - 11/16/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

habit and fear. From the time each of is born we are bombarded with poeples views on how the world works. We get into life patterns that involve 'responsibility' and work. I think we simply forget what it is like. (Hey I am a responsible adult, I do what I want as long as it gives others the impression I know what I am doing.) I think people are also scared to be themselves. That is why it is easy to act with the wonder a child experiences. Once the fright of unconformation drops people can once again look at the world in awe and safety becasue it does not matter that you do not know everything. Ones Ego can finally let go of the death grip on the mind the individual can be free to wander the tao as they please.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3368912 - 11/16/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was just cleaning through my daughters draw and found this yellow card with a goldned bummble bee pin attached to it and these words;

I CAN BEE

Scientists can prove that it is aerodynamically impossible for the bumble bee to fly-it's body is too heavy and it's wings too light to sustain flight. But the bumble bee chooses not to be influenced by science's viewpoint and flies anyway.

~Mamie McCullough

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: True Meaning [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3368933 - 11/16/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Scientists can prove that it is aerodynamically impossible for the bumble bee to fly-it's body is too heavy and it's wings too light to sustain flight. But the bumble bee chooses not to be influenced by science's viewpoint and flies anyway.

A common misunderstanding. Scientists have demonstrated how it IS possible for a bumblebee to fly. Google it. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: True Meaning [Re: RedEyeSamurai]
    #3369002 - 11/16/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i find it infinitely interesting how i can battle with myself all day long...some days the idealistic true part of me wins, and other days the societal-bred portion of me wins.

And every time it totally trips me out. I have been at war with myself for the past month about a few things...still no resolution, constant back and forth.

I need to erase the societal-bred portion, its getting in the way :P

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: True Meaning [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3369142 - 11/16/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I beleive you. I just read it off some card. It was SUPPOSE to be inspirational.

party pooper! :flaming:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinebobbyrox
Stranger

#3369147 - 11/16/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The reason why people stop believing is because they become ignorant to the fact the the only reason why limits exist is because of their false conception of what a limit is, as opposed to what it actually is. A limit, in actuallity, is a barrier or impediment whos duration is only determined by the time that people take when they stop trying to overcome it. Once a limit is overcome it ceases to exist because one has succeeded in their attempt to overcome it. Overcoming, however, would not be possible if people never took a chance and actually tried.

You always have to keep in mind that no matter what, we're always ignorant and, therefore because of this, anything really is possible.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies