Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Drug guilt
    #3368635 - 11/16/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Does anybody ever feel guilty for doing so many different kinds of drugs?
Ive been smoking MJ for about 3-4 years, off and on, tho mostly on. I've tripped on shrooms 3 times. Besides those 2 drugs, and alcohol, im pretty much clean. But now I'm thinking of buying some T. Peruvianus cactuses, and i already ordered some salvia.

I dunno, sometimes I feel guilty about possibly fucking up the gift that is my brain by doing all this shit.

Anyone else ever have the same sort of feeling?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Drug guilt [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3368664 - 11/16/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if it helps you feel better at least you are staying with the natural stuff

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Drug guilt [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3368683 - 11/16/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You have absolutly nothing to worry about. Take my word.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3368757 - 11/16/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That stuff should cause you little to no harm in normal circumstances, and as long as you are moderate.

But you gotta analize your feeling of guilt. Find out if it's rational or irrational.
If you come to the conclusion it is rational than you should take the apropriate measures IMHO.

I mean, if your feeling of guilt is due to any undesirable consequences caused by your drug use you should consider changing your habits.

Just my 2cents....

And BTW i have felt that before and turned out it wasn't irrational (the mushrooms showed it to me), so i did take the appropriate measures.

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Drug guilt [Re: esin]
    #3368778 - 11/16/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Even marijuana use can affect you. If over time of smoking it, you notice something different about yourself, a different feeling, then take a break. Thats when you know to take a break, well at least for me.

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Drug guilt [Re: esin]
    #3368803 - 11/16/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i have thought about this for many hours, and days, and weeks....i continue to revelauta my life and see if this is really what i should be doing. You have to find your own anwser, i have mine but there is no reason to tell you because every person is diffrent.

--------------------
the jent

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Drug guilt [Re: jent]
    #3515864 - 12/18/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you feel bad, don't do it.
You should not do drugs to be bad or rebel from society.

I thought this thread was about a Drug Quilt.
Damn you for decieving me.

Don't worry be happy!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Drug guilt [Re: mecreateme]
    #3515952 - 12/18/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It really comes down to whether drugs are effecting you in a negative way, or it's just guilt because it violates many people's taboos. It's something I've wondered about myself, but I've come to the conclusion that as long as I monitor what I use, and keep it away from dependance, there is nothing negative I can say I should be guilty of.

Look at it this way, you're not fucking up the gift of your brain, you're exploring it and using it to it's potential (as long as you're using in balance). None of the drugs you've mentioned do any (known) damage to the brain, except ironically alcohol if used in constant benders.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineSHR00MiN
PSYCH0PSiL0CYBiN

Loc: RI
Re: Drug guilt [Re: Twirling]
    #3516563 - 12/18/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I get that feeling more than i'd like to..

--------------------
"Im gone upstairs to fuck ya grandmotha" - George Carlin

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: Drug guilt [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3516744 - 12/18/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I also feel guilt occasionally. I use only marijuana often, mushrooms and salvia rarely, and at least i know that i am not permanently damaging my brain. I will avoid synthetic drugs, if it take them i will feel even more guilty for my organism.

With marijuana i regret just the many hours that pass pleasantly, but i am not doing anything productive, otherwise my body feels good with cannabis(and i am not a tobacco smoker)

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Drug guilt [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3516776 - 12/18/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Since when was nature safe? There are many natural things that will kill you. Natural isn't any more safe than synthetic, I don't know why people think this way. Just look at datura (natural) and LSD (synthetic).

MycoJunkie, with moderate use/dose of the substances in your original post, your not going to mess up your brain. But, if you don't find drugs enjoyable and they are just making you feel guilty, I suggest just stop using them or don't do them very often. There is a member on this site that only trips I think twice a year, for the "enlightening" and teaching part of the trip.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Drug guilt [Re: theocean06]
    #3518005 - 12/18/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"I dunno, sometimes I feel guilty about possibly fucking up the gift that is my brain by doing all this shit.

Anyone else ever have the same sort of feeling?
"

READ MORE on how those substances interact with your brain,so you shall see for yourself that they are not "fucking up the gift that is your brain by doing all those shit".DO you think that tripping is like lets say whacking a tv that makes "weird pictures" if you whack it to hard and one day its gonna break down?

No,psychedelics have specific actions in the brain you too can study.MORE EDUCATION!

The drug guilt is a built in social "rule" that is not bypassed by just someone reassuring you.Evaluate the substances you use,study them thouroughly and reach your conclusions...If you think that they "fuck you up" then this "drug guilt programming" works pretty well!

It would be a shame if one day you joined the army of "Yeah man,i did this shit and it fucked up my brain you know? Stay away,they fuck you up"

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Drug guilt [Re: Psiloman]
    #3518148 - 12/18/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ummm...HPPD?

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: Drug guilt [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3518198 - 12/18/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I consider HPPD an alteration in the visual proccesing.The case could be that the activation potential of these neurons get lower so they get activated with less stimuli and produce visual alterations.

If you overdo it with psychedelics you can stumble upon difficulties.If one reads ,really reads (that is incorporating what they read) they will watch out for HPPD.Maybe limit their use?

For god sake's ,i had a person in my forum that in a "quest for spiritual stuff" (as he so eloquently put it ) proceeded to down LSD,various pills from dealers reputed to be XTC and anything psychoactive he could find for 3 months everyday! In the end he reported "Man,those drugs fuck you up,stay away".Notice that drugs did not fuck him up but his behaviour.Nevertheless he continued to argure that all these substances poison your brain,making one a retard. (he read some Leary,Some McKenna,so he thought he was expert)

Also keep in mind that there are mormal visual phenomena that many people do not notice prior tripping because they did not pay much attention to their eyesight mechanism.Once they trip they start noticing more their vision and they can interpret those normal phenomena as HPPD .(HPPD is mentioned to be more common than it really is)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Drug guilt [Re: Psiloman]
    #3518237 - 12/18/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if you quit taking all drugs hppd will 90% of the time go completely away... its possible to have it for your entire life i suppose. but i wouldnt count on it. ive seen lots of people get it from abusing lsd/mescaline/rc's (including me).... and it will almost always leave once the person stops taking drugs, weed too.. might take a couple yrs if you really went overboard on something

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineBasin
Stranger
    #3520846 - 12/19/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck as far as I'm concerned this "Drug Guilt" is the most dangerous thing about drugs. Its not the drugs themselves, its the society that tries to make you feel like some kind of outcast freak for using them. I hate it. I bet there would be way less reports of problems resulting from drug use if we lived in a society where it was normal and accepted and you didnt have to sneak around and make deals and shit to buy it and you could just go up to your parents and be like "Hey dont bother me for a bit im gona go trip tonight", and they were like "Alright, have fun, be carefull." or something like that.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3521844 - 12/19/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, when tripping I feel guilty that others aren't able to experience the same beautiful thing I am...

Edited by Amber_Glow (12/19/04 11:49 PM)

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Drug guilt [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3522124 - 12/19/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i wrestle with drug guilt from time to time, more often than not as a matter of fact. i've been smoking weed pretty heavily for about 4 years, i've tripped on mushrooms twice, done cocaine a few times, smoked opium, abused prescription opiates and other Rx painkillers, and drank alcohol quite a bit. i also smoked cigarettes heavily for about 5 years. (although, the only drugs i ever did heavily were/are marijuana, alcohol, and nicotine).
whenever i start feeling that way, i sober up until i feel good about it again. this usually takes only a few days.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Drug guilt [Re: twilight715]
    #3522733 - 12/19/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

in moderation, most substances cause little damage to your body, but in excess, like anything else, it kills you in one way or another. hope this helps.

--------------------

:murray:

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Drug guilt [Re: blissedout]
    #3522799 - 12/19/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've smoked MJ for about 3 years and quit for 6 months during it. I've taken 100's of e, half that of k, Ghb, speed ice and about 4 tabs, and i know the exact feeling. I was always an academic person, but now i feel like i'm throwing my life away. Just keep focused, and you'll be fine. Moderation is the key, if you feel like you're getting fucked up maybe its time for a break (yes hard, but not impossible).

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies