Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhynatikus
Psychonaught

Rye - Am I doomed, or did I save my ass?
    #3368007 - 11/16/04 10:48 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

AFOAF says...
"Dumb fucking me. I failed to follow directions. My memory is no good :\ Anyways, im creating rye berry jars, using Magash's method. Instead of using just one cup of rye per quart jar, I used nearly 2 1/2 cups of rye. This morning, (about 14 hours after beginning to soak) I realize im a fucking dumbass and didn't take into consideration that the rye expands in water. So, what I ended up with was bloated rye pushed all the way up to the lid. After noticing my huge mistake, I took multiple scoop fulls of rye out, and added more water to compensate. Im hoping this wont destroy my chances of these things working out. They'll still have about 9hrs or so to soak, and I can see the water turning yellow. Im thinking that since the jars still have more time to soak, and they haven't been PCd or anything yet, i'll be OK. Just an uneeded waste of rye. Anyone have some thoughts or input on this?"

--------------------
"I have seen these shrooms enlighten the worthy and turn the unworthy into fools. So I figured that the shrooms would eventually take care of themselves. The shrooms will be the judge, ultimately."
- Robert McPherson ~ Professor Fanaticus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: Rye - Am I doomed, or did I save my ass? [Re: Phynatikus]
    #3368017 - 11/16/04 10:52 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Bro this is not a problem.

After the 24 hr soak, rye generally doesnt expand that much. The simmer is where the water is mostly absorbed. Just work your jars out a little bit, take the extra to make more jars and when you simmer you lose all the measurements anyway, so just fill them 2/3 full and pc.

No big deal. Good luck!

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

OfflinePhynatikus
Psychonaught

Re: Rye - Am I doomed, or did I save my ass? [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3368046 - 11/16/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

call_me_kido said:
Bro this is not a problem.

After the 24 hr soak, rye generally doesnt expand that much. The simmer is where the water is mostly absorbed. Just work your jars out a little bit, take the extra to make more jars and when you simmer you lose all the measurements anyway, so just fill them 2/3 full and pc.

No big deal. Good luck!

Kido

AFOAF says...
"Heh, outta rye. 14 quart jars :\ Thanks for the promising words. You can see the grow log in progress here (CAM/GT/EQ on Rye (extra mayo, please!))"

--------------------
"I have seen these shrooms enlighten the worthy and turn the unworthy into fools. So I figured that the shrooms would eventually take care of themselves. The shrooms will be the judge, ultimately."
- Robert McPherson ~ Professor Fanaticus

Edited by Phynatikus (11/16/04 11:04 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation