Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
A liter of liquid inoc?
    #3367356 - 11/16/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone ever made a liter of liquid inoc?

As with all drunken idea's, some are awful while others end up being great. So I am sitting here looking at a empty 1 liter bottle of rum. As with most of the things in the house I started to think of a way of using stuff you would normally throw away and incorporating them into my hobby. So a drunken light popped into my head, hey I could fill this up with karo water, drill a hole, glue tyvek over it, and drill a inoculation hole in the lid and use it as a huge liquid inoc jar. This way I would not have to keep adding karo water to my small jars for food and risking contamination in doing so. I have about 5cc of spores aging in the fridge anyways, so might as well shot 3 or 4 into this huge bottle and give it a try. Before doing so I figured I would ask if anyone else has done this before. I know with this amount it will take some time before it is usable, but time is one thing I have plenty of, and it will not take up that much space in my incubation chamber. In the past I have often times used beer bottles without any issues, but at this size I am of course worried that the myc will not get a strong enough hold in time to fight off any contamination that PCing does not kill in it's 20 minute cook. So has anyone done liquid at this scale and had much success with it? Or am I just wasting space, time and spores? I will of course be cleaning the bottle out well with a beach/water soak then soak then soapy water. Not really like it is needed, I am pretty sure the rum that was in it killed everything, but it couldn't hurt.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3367373 - 11/16/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the only problem i see would be contam issues. i've never done it, since i have no use for a liter of karo.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: buckeye]
    #3367399 - 11/16/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going for a quart next time around, that should be good for awhile. Liter is a little too much don't ya think?

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3367451 - 11/16/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I know it is a bit much, but I have no need for a empty 1 liter bottle in my collection of bottles, and I have enough broken glass for inoc jars already. Just hate tossing it in the trash when it could be put to better use. I'm sure in time it could all be used before it goes bad. Even if it means shooting up jars with more cc's than normal. It will just make them colonize faster. Plus it will leave me lots to experiment with. Plus it is not as if I am going out and spending money buying a bottle for it either, or using a bottle that could be used for something else.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3367545 - 11/16/04 03:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Id say go ahead and try it then tell us how it works out I mean if you have the time space and spores go for it. The only problem i could see is contams setting in with the amount of time its going to take for a bottle of that size to colonize.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: zoltar]
    #3367784 - 11/16/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

naw man if your completely sterile and do it right, it'll work and it wont take dreadfully to long, i read a report on a guy on here doing it with a gallon jug and it was done in like 3 week, or at least enough to use it. the only problem is, you still have to add more Karo water to it, you don't add that to it to have a never ending supply you add it to it to give the mycelium more nute to thrive on. with out that the Karo will die off, unless once its how you want it, put it in the fridge and then you can keep it for awhile longer but it'll still probably go bad before you use it all. but who the hell know you may have 500 jars waiting to be prepped for it, so maybe it'll get used, either way it'll work i believe just give it a try.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: KyKid]
    #3367792 - 11/16/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you could just dump it on a hay bale outside and get a giant block of substrate. After hearing about feeding horses inoculated apples I'll buy anything.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: beejay]
    #3367811 - 11/16/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah the whole horse and apple thing was a little hard to swallow at first but i guess anything is possible when working with shrooms, i seen a thread on the grow log forum were a guy was trying to get rid of a unwanted shroom infestation, can you belive it, wee spend all our time trying to grow em and this gy is trying to get em to stop growing, he evidently put some spawn in a planter playing around and then the flushes started and the problem was it was a plant that was out in the open in his house.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: KyKid]
    #3367875 - 11/16/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ha I could only be so lucky to have such a problem. Oh no there are shrooms everywhere... what do I do. Oh yeah grab a plate and eat up. Yummy!

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: A liter of liquid inoc? [Re: beejay]
    #3371004 - 11/16/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

All I need to know is WHERE CAN I FIND SOMEONE WITH A HORSE

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3371057 - 11/16/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^

how about my friend mentions he has a horse when i tell him that u can use shit to grow off of. completely failed to mention it up until then...

...we should be getting sum for sum pan cyans soon:):p

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #3371768 - 11/16/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am wondering though, how long to PC a jar of that size? Would the normal 20 minutes work? Much longer normally is bad, but will 20 minutes truly be enough to kill enough of the contaims? I know in theory it should since water should heat up evenly throughout unlike grain which takes some time for the center to reach the desired temperature. Also if I break up the ball with glass or add some jet dry it should spread it thin enough that it is usable while still leaving enough nutes in there to feed it for some time. This should be less of a risk of contamination then shooting karo into a smaller jar over and over again.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract