Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebgmember420
Stranger
busted
    #3367227 - 11/16/04 02:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Whats up everyone.

A good friend of mine just gave me a call from the Cobb County Jail in Marietta Georgia.
Get this. He was arrested for kidnapping. His girlfriend's mom didn't want her to go out tonight and she did anyways. So her mom called the police and said her daughter was kidnapped. When they got pulled over the girl (18yrs.) told the cop that she wasn't kidnapped. They arrested my friend anyways.
Anyone know if this is even legal? the girl straight up said, no, i was not kidnapped.

kinda fucked up if ya ask me...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: busted [Re: bgmember420]
    #3367252 - 11/16/04 02:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Was she under 18? If so it probably is legal but fucked up anyways..

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: busted [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3367271 - 11/16/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Whether or not she was 18, this definitely sounds illegal. I'm no lawyer, but it sounds very shaky. Even if she isn't 18 and her mommy said she couldn't go out, that is in no way the responsibility of your friend to not go out with her. It's her own responsibility to obey her mother's orders. My advice to your friend: get a real good lawyer, sue for false imprisonment (or whatever they call it), and get some money from these inept, unqualified asshat pigs.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: busted [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3367278 - 11/16/04 02:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

And yes cubensis do not grow in california, for some reason everyone thinks that they can find active mushrooms growing in cow shit in california

They prolly have to process him, you can kiddnap adults. If the cops chased him down they ain't gonna go back w/o a kidnapper. Even if its just to let him out the next day. Where there any drugs in the car? Where they messed up at all? Also what state?

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3367427 - 11/16/04 03:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

As long as the girl gives a statement saying that she went willingly they cant do anything to him. They do have to process him though and do background checks and stuff like that. But, in the end he is fine if she sticks to the truth.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: busted [Re: Civ]
    #3367786 - 11/16/04 09:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Civ said:
Also what state?

He is in Georgia. I've bailed so many people out of Cobb county jail it's rediculous. Those cops up there just love to arrest people and then drop the charges.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (11/16/04 04:51 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3367814 - 11/16/04 09:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It's just a scare tactic, you're "friend" should be fine.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: busted [Re: DNKYD]
    #3367922 - 11/16/04 10:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, definately a bullshit charge. If she's over 18, she's got the right to leave the house.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3368270 - 11/16/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

> When they got pulled over the girl (18yrs.) told the cop that she wasn't kidnapped. They arrested my friend anyways.

This doesn't surprise me, and I actually agree with the police in this case. Look at it from the opposite view... pretend that your friend really did kidnap the girl. When the police show up, the girl lies telling the cops that everything is fine because the bad guy made some nasty threat earlier in the day. The police want to get the 'victim' to a place where she will feel safe before getting her side of the story...

The cops should have only detained your friend rather than arresting him. Most police can detain somebody for a while without having to arrest them. Once the police verify the girls age is 18 or over and was not being held against her will, they should immediately let your friend go. The mother in this instance should also be arrested for filing a false police report. She could also face fines in civil court, especially if your friend ends up with legal bills (impounded car, court fees, etc) from her false report. The cops have more important things to do than play babysitter for a mother that can't admit that her 'child' is no longer a minor.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: busted [Re: z@z.com]
    #3369720 - 11/16/04 06:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Cobb County is notorious for the douchebaggery of their police.On all levels. I had a friend get busted with 2 ounces so they proceed to slap him with a quarter pound. They tap phone lines as well.

I hate driving through Cobb county.

Offlinebgmember420
Stranger
Re: busted [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3370792 - 11/16/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I recently found out that he was actually charged with false imprisonment, battery, and kidnapping. He got bailed out today for $3,500...(WITH A BONDSMAN!)

So what happened was, the two of them were getting in the car when the girl's mom comes outside. She didn't want her to go so my friend just drove off. Her mom called the police and told them that my friend beat her and kidnapped her, which is totally NOT true.
As I said, when the cops pulled them over they asked her if he beat her and kidnapped her and she said no and begged and cried to let him go. She made it very clear that he did nothing wrong.
So today I told him he should get a lawyer and take her mom to court to get the $35,000 for bond, whatever it costed him to get his car out of jail, and lawyer fees...and a lil sumthin for the unnessary stress of being locked in a cage.
Yes. False police report.

Edited by bgmember420 (11/16/04 09:49 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3373011 - 11/17/04 09:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

> I recently found out that he was actually charged

Assuming the girl was over 18, and was there on her own will, those charges are @#$%@ed up. The only way this makes any sense at all is if the girl was not yet 18... there has to be more to this story that isn't being told...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Political Discussion