Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
Tripping with light+sound machines
    #336480 - 06/07/01 04:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I thought you guys might be interested in a new company we have recently started called 'Mind Modulations'. We sell light+sound machines, also known as Mind Machines. Our web site is http://www.mindmodulations.com... By themselves, or in combination with other things, the visuals produced from these devices are extremely intense. The technology is really interesting. Do a search for mind machines on the web, or check out our site for articles/research/info. Thanks!

-gluckspilz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: gluckspilz]
    #336613 - 06/06/01 10:22 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'll post the link here...http://www.mindmodulations.com

"Out of chaos...comes order...."

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: Taz]
    #336680 - 06/07/01 12:24 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, Taz!

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #337160 - 06/07/01 04:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

you bet, good luck...

here is your attachment pic as well...

"Out of chaos...comes order...."

Edited by Taz on 06/11/01 12:00 AM.

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #337990 - 06/11/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, those look really awesome! Thats definately something I would consider buying :smile:

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #338027 - 06/11/01 01:32 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

How much does it cost?
BTW, I in the highscool my friend made them using scheme on the internet, and they where awesome. Only worse design :)

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: Thor]
    #338089 - 06/11/01 04:06 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

We have two different models right now. The Proteus is completely programmable (realtime by computer), has multicolored LED's, higher quality sound, and a lot of other features. It's $189 ($179 for you guys here if you want one, shoot me a mail and I'll eat the shipping costs too).

The other model we have is called the Orion. One of the things it has that the Proteus does not is a microphone embedded in the front of the unit. It detects beat in music which makes the lights react accordingly. However, it has only red LED's and is not fully programmable. It's $109, but we're working on bringing the price down.

We're experimenting by bringing the mind machines to raves in the area to see how people react. People are so amazed, as if they were just touched by the grace of god or something! hehe. It's pretty entertaining for us to see!

Crobih - did you guys implement any sound into the unit that you made?

OfflineThe Messiah
    #338489 - 06/11/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, those things are the shit!! i tried one at a local rave and was blown away! i don't think it was exactly the same as your product but, similar design and function of the orion...

peace, ~(To0dLeS)~
TM

--------------------
[green]peace[/green], [blue]~(To0dLeS)~[/blue]
TM

Offlinelizzardking
journeyman

Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: The Messiah]
    #339247 - 06/12/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

what exactly does this thing do?Are you suppose to keep your eyes closed while using it?Is it like like some type of trip device or just the relaxation machine? Anyone know?

"i can do anything" :wink:

I support www.thehawkseye.com

--------------------
[blue]"i can do anything"[/blue] :wink:

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: lizzardking]
    #339275 - 06/12/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad you're asking these questions, it shows me that I haven't explained on our site clearly enough what or how these devices work.
There are different frequencies involved with different states of consciousness. These frequencies can be seen by devices called electroencephalographs or EEG. This was discovered by a German named Hans Berger in the 1920's. He discovered that these tiny electrical signals mirror the shifting patterns of mental activity. After you ingest a psychedelic, or when you are doing meditation, or when you are sleeping, these EEG frequencies change and have particular characteristics that are associated with those different states of consciousness.
In the 1940's a researcher named Gray Walter discovered that brainwave activity tends to mirror flickering light - especially alpha and theta frequencies (which are the frequencies that we're all looking for here, folks - lucid mental states which are associated with the expansion of consciousness)
Sound has also been found to produce similar results, especially pulsed sound and binaural beats.
This frequency following effect is compounded when combined and offered to multiple senses. Light And Sound.
What these devices do is entrain your mind into altered states of consciousness. You keep your eyes closed. What you notice immediately after wearing these machines are vivid imagery (you could call them hallucinations, but that is of course a rather limiting term) usually containing something that looks similar to complex fractal imagery containing every color across the entire spectrum. Other people see landscapes, dream-like imagery, and something similar to a virtual reality experience. This is what happens when you are sober. When combined with the use of psychedelics the results are nothing short of incredible.
The reason that mind machines are virtually unknown to the psychedelic community is probably because they have always been marketed towards new agers, or those in the alternative health community in the past. It seems a shame to me - the people who would get the most out of these devices are psychonauts and people who are interested in psychedelics.
Even though it sounds as though my main mission here is to sell these things, (our friend invented them) I'm more excited about the technology than anything else. It is possible to create these devices on your own with some easy to find equipment. The key is generating the right frequencies of light oscillations, and have them synchronized with associated frequencies of sound. There are some sites on the internet that explain how to do this. The cool thing about the Proteus is it's ability to be easily programmed realtime on the computer with software which is included (designing your own audio waveforms, and light combinations), the multicolored LEDs which are driven seperately, and the tons of other features it has.

-gluckspilz

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #339405 - 06/12/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

So walkman looking thing plays the music? How do you get the music on there?

This seems very interesting.

"Where do you draw the line?"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineALDER_057
addict

Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: Learyfan]
    #339560 - 06/12/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

that would be kickass to have one of those that had a mp3 player built in. nice product, keep up the good work.
ALDER

http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
Drug Dealing & Trading Forum

OfflinePsilocybe Ryan
enthusiast
Loc: Canada
    #339570 - 06/12/01 11:54 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I am going to check this site out right now. It sounds very interesting. Would it be easier to reach ego loss on a high dose trip of mushrooms?
I would think it would also help with lucid dreaming and all that crazy stuff.

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
    #339605 - 06/13/01 12:41 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

The audio that you hear out of the head phones are either pulsed sound, 'binaural beats', Audiostrobe embedded cds, or normal music. Here is the definition of a binaural beat -

"Binaural beats are auditory brainstem responses which originate in the superior olivary nucleus of each hemisphere. They result from the interaction of two different auditory impulses, originating in opposite ears, below 1000 Hz and which differ in frequency between one and 30 Hz (Oster, 1973).For example, if a pure tone of 400 Hz is presented to the right ear and a pure tone of 410 Hz is presented simultaneously to the left ear, an amplitude modulated standing wave of 10 Hz, the difference between the two tones, is experienced as the two wave forms mesh in and out of phase within the superior olivary nuclei. This binaural beat is not heard in the ordinary sense of the word (the human range of hearing is from 20-20,000 Hz). It is perceived as an auditory beat and theoretically can be used to entrain specific neural rhythms through the frequency-following response (FFR)--the tendency for cortical potentials to entrain to or resonate at the frequency of an external stimulus. Thus, it is theoretically possible to utilize a specific binaural-beat frequency as a consciousness management technique to entrain a specific cortical rhythm.

The binaural-beat is associated with an electroencephalographic (EEG) frequency-following response in the brain(3). Many studies have demonstrated the presence of a frequency-following response to auditory stimuli, recorded at the vertex of the human brain (top of the head). This EEG activity was termed "frequency-following response" because its period corresponds to the fundamental frequency of the stimulus (Smith, Marsh, & Brown, 1975). Binaural-beat stimulation appears to encourage access to altered states of consciousness."

Binaural Beats
http://www.monroeinstitute.org/research/hypnotic.html

Another sound mode available with the Proteus is called 'Audiostrobe'. These are audio music cds that are available on the internet that are embedded with inaudible frequencies - these make it so the lights will precisely synchronize with the music for a mosiac of music, light, and color. You can also embed audiostrobe frequencies in your own music creating a totally new art form.

With the software you can design your own audio waveforms to accompany sessions. This is my favorite part about it. Up to four audio waveforms can be transferred into the Proteus at a time, each waveform you create can include up to four harmonics (each being whatever waveform you design), each segment in a session can include a different waveform, you can have binaural beats and pulsed sound play simultaneously for some really weird stereo effects, etc etc. A lot of people just buy it and use the built in sessions, but you can do some really cool stuff with the session editing software.

The Orion (the less-prices model) has an option that detects beats in music will strobe the lights to any music that you plug into it. You can plug cd/mp3 player directly into it, or take it to a live music event (it has a microphone embedded in the front of it)

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #339752 - 06/13/01 05:48 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well definately looks like you've got the research to back your product. These things definately sound great, I may make an investment.

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud, Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #339967 - 06/13/01 04:25 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so it comes all ready to go?? All I have to do is turn it on, and listen to the binaural beats OR plug it into a cd player headphone jack?

I'm lazy

"Where do you draw the line?"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
    #340013 - 06/13/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

haha. Yeah, all you have to do is turn it on, choose your session, and hit the start button. The first person that buys a Proteus can have one for $160. Maybe the person that buys one will right a 'trip report' after they use it. Helps to have testimonials... :-)

OfflineGulf_Shroomer
Tastes LikeChicken

#340295 - 06/13/01 11:49 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

does this product pose as a risk to people with epilepsy? (sp?)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Abandon All Ye Hope... For Hell Is An Obstruction Of all Reason...

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
Re: Tripping with light+sound machines [Re: Gulf_Shroomer]
    #340378 - 06/14/01 02:31 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It very much poses a risk to people with epilepsy, or anyone else who is sensitive to light (especially strobes) in any way. People with epilepsy have been known in the past to have seizures when using mind machines. People with epilepsy shouldn't be using psychedelics either, so it's usually safe to get the word out about them in this direction...

http://www.cerebral.org/Maps/msg00831.html

Offlinegluckspilz
Stranger
    #341012 - 06/14/01 10:00 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If anyone is interested, here are some reviews from some people on the ayahuasca.com boards raving about the Proteus.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/Forum3/HTML/000065.html

and

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/Forum3/HTML/000082.html (at the bottom)

-gluckspilz
www.mindmodulations.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract