Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMierin
Stranger
Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic)
    #3364727 - 11/15/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone,

Ok, I'm having some weird issues, and hope someone here can help.  First, a bit of my history and experience:

I began experimenting with drugs over a year ago (marijuana with some good friends.)  Eventually tried cocaine, which still doesn't do all that much for me, and then speed (*never* mix it with a pint bottle of vodka.  Yikes.  :smile:)  I decided I didn't like the smashed, wrecked, heavy feelings of drugs like coke and speed, so I decided to try some MDMA powder.  I *really* enjoyed it. (to the point of finally being able to have an orgasm for the first time)  I then started growing my own mushrooms, and have enjoyed the two trips I've had.(one medium, one very low-grade)  I still smoke marijuana, but very rarely, as I don't like to build a tolerance to anything.  I enjoy being able to smoke two pipefulls of weed and actually trip instead of just get stoned.

A couple of months ago, I was put on birth control pills.  The pills *seriously* fucked me up and I was bedridden and delirious for 4 days.  The Doc says I had a reaction to one of the chemicals in the pill, but couldn't pinpoint it.  I'm on some new pills now, and they've been wreaking havoc with my moods and body.  Mood swings involving tears or anger, and sex being painful due to dry, splitting, bleeding skin (which I'd never had before taking these pills, it's been messing up my cycles and everything).

Most of these symptoms have finally stablised, after 2 months of using these pills.  However, all of the stress and depression I've had over sex being painful and mood swings seems to have resulted in some sort of "fear of loss of control" complex.  I've always been something of a control freak, which I've been learning to relax and let that go, and I don't want to get it back.  I feel like I'm regressing.  My husband wants to get us some E's in a couple of weeks, and while I definitely want to take them, I want to get a bit of work done in my headspace so I'll be ready.  It's bugging me too because I've enjoyed both shroom trips and the MDMA experience, but now I'm stressing about it like it'll be somehow different this time.  Anyone have any hints/ideas as to how to purge yourself of irrational fears before a trip/experience?  Thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic) [Re: Mierin]
    #3364870 - 11/15/04 06:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would slowly work your way back into things. Mayble a light trip, or some light smoking. I would not jump into things head first. Once you take a light journey you'll realize your just being overcautious, and will more likely enjoy an nice E roll.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic) [Re: Ramlaen]
    #3364898 - 11/15/04 06:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

see what medical drugs can do to you? stick with mushrooms, mdma and weed and you will be fine. but start off in low doses

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic) [Re: Ramlaen]
    #3364910 - 11/15/04 06:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There's no one answer or solution to your question or problem. But there certainly are things that you can do.

Stop and think about the way things were before any of this. Remember your mindset, your outlook, everything. Recapture your past self. Meditate and try to re-adopt yourself. Take one element of your past self, and watch it and feel it become part of you again.

Now, you say you are still on those pills that messed you up? Are you sure there isn't any other option that may be safer for you? I say, explore your options. If there's nothing you can do about that, that's ok. You just need to take time to relax and realize that no substance is more powerful than you. You are always in control of how much you use, and that you can dictate who you are, no substance is going to change that. Once you convince yourself of that, and know you'll be ok.. then, well, you'll be ok. Just make sure your attitude is always positive before doing anything.

--------------------

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic) [Re: matchbook]
    #3367246 - 11/16/04 02:09 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

eh, i would say that you should not try anything new...maybe stay with something familiar like boomers, start with low dose and make sure that you are mentaly able to handle it...better to wait and deal sober than to have to fix those issues durring a trip

--------------------
the jent

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic) [Re: jent]
    #3367269 - 11/16/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I know using condoms sucks, and pulling out is really risky (and stupid if you ask me, but hey :grin:). I'm sorry, this is sort of a lame reply, but if birth control is messing you up that badly, it's time to select new options.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Fear...after a trip?? (might be a bit graphic) [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3367887 - 11/16/04 10:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If the BC pill is affecting mood, it will make you slightly more succeptible to the effects of shrooms or mda, you can reduce the dosage without any loss of face since the condition is a true body condition and, after all your husband will be informed and caring about this true physical condition.

It is a bit odd but true that BC pills will affect mood due to the hypothalamus involvment with limbic system and the limbic system's involvment with some neural gateway functions to the cortex.

I would not expect your doctor to know this, but you do and your husband does.

Rx: half dose (& reduced frequency if problems persist)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience