Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Best spore print tek?
    #3363743 - 11/15/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was wondering what the easiest way to print some spores are. Just cut off cap, put on peice of paper, put cup over paper, let it chill for a day, scrape spores into water, mix up, suck up into syringes?
Is it that easy, besides all the sterilization and stuff, or am I missing something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3363805 - 11/15/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You've pretty much got it. Pick the cap at the ideal time, when its flattened out. Been printing a bunch the past few days. Keep it nice and clean, and yeah that'll work. If you're going to use paper of some sort, use note cards. Tin foil is okay, but a bit bitchy to scrape. Whats real nice is an aluminum pop can, cut up.

But yeah, good overview of the basics. Your syringe making tactics should be done carefully. Put your print directly from its printing chamber to the sterile bag you hope to make syringes in. Pressure cook your syringes with water in them (that you got from a pot via boiling, and squirting a few times.)

Squirt all of the water you'll use from the syringes into the baggie. Rub all the spores off into the water, and suck them up. Some people go from one syringe, part way, do another part way, and go back and finish them. This can help make sure theres an even distribution of spores. But, to me it sounds like more chances for contams. You'll have more than enough spores in each syringe if you didn't dilute it beyond all hell. swish the bag around from the outside if it really bothers you.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineYourNameHere
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: God's Sub-concious
Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3364101 - 11/15/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Woops...

Today I made a print badly. I picked it a little too soon. It was still kinda bell-like. But, w/e there'll still be spore on the foil.

Another thing, it is true about foil being a bitch, when you scrape with a syringe, it like cuts into the foil :frown:

--------------------
Anything posted by me on this or any forum of communication is solely for entertainment value and should not be taken seriously.

"It was nicely done"
-Lt. Scott Rhoemer <----Referring to a Cannabis cultivation location and setup. Click avatar.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: YourNameHere]
    #3364135 - 11/15/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dont actually scrap it....caress it like a fine breast...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: dobinky]
    #3364159 - 11/15/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dobinky said:
dont actually scrap it....caress it like a fine breast...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
good stuff. Printing is pretty easy, I use oven tec for sterile location and it works fine, no contams from this yet, though I've only done a few prints so far. I havent printed on foil or paper, but I could see how foil would be a pain. I use these filter holders for my prints.b Theyre really convenient cause they have tight fitting lids.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: YourNameHere]
    #3364171 - 11/15/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm by no means an expert, but this is my procedure:

Materials:

PC
Stubby 1/2 pint jar
Tinfoil
Tyvek
Lid band
Thumbtack
And of course, a mushroom cap.

Pick which caps you want to take a print from, and stick the thumbtack into the middle of the cap for use as a handle.

Cut the tinfoil so it fits into the bottom of the jar, leaving a tab sticking up so it is easy to reach in and grab it out.

Put a layer of Tyvek over the jar and screw the band down, cover with 2 layers of tinfoil and PC @ 15PSI for 20 minutes.

Let cool.

In a clean area, remove the tinfoil covering the lid and loosen the cap. Slice the cap off as far up as you can.

In one quick motion, lift the lid and put the cap into the jar so that it is resting on the tinfoil, and recap quickly.

Now you just let it sit. I like to use the top of my fridge, because it is warm up there and the constant opening and closing of the fridge doors causes significant vibration, it really helps lay the print down thick. I let mine sit until the cap is visably starting to shrink, about 36 hours.

After spores have been deposited, you just do the same thing only take the cap out; loosen, remove quickly.

I store the prints in the jars, covered with tinfoil to block light and labeled. It'd probably be easier to take the print out and fold it up or something, though.

I used like 1/4th of a print to inoculate a grain jar the other day, went a little overbored... but Holy SHIT! I only shook it once, right after I scraped the spores in, and it is almost fully colonized after 6 days. There is mycelium growing on every surface, it just hasn't become thick yet. Probably a waste overall, I could've made like 10 syringes with all the spores I used, lol.

I used a flame sterilized Exacto knife to scrape them off the foil, no problems with rippage.

Good luck!

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: discman1]
    #3364184 - 11/15/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I did the same thing with my syringes, overloaded them to all hell. They do rip through mt rye though.

Hey discman you get those holders?

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: beejay]
    #3364195 - 11/15/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Not yet.. Haven't gotten the mail yet today, though. I'll let you know! :smile:

I will most certainly start using them instead of bulky 1/2 pint jars.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Best spore print tek? [Re: discman1]
    #3364211 - 11/15/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

for sure, those things could add up quick and take over if you make a lot of prints. Hope they serve you well my man.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures