Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: The Valley
    #3364167 - 11/15/04 03:34 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Is all this shit going on, ie 'the wars' a giant distraction. Seriously the status quo that the greeks and romans set up is still alive today. The good for them was to live in natural law and set up a system where all people are happy with thier life. Theoreticaly the doctor was no more importanmt then his secretary, we need both and both will be paid equitably. Some time by the middle ages that system was basterdized and turned into a way to keep the top on top.

I still see that today the top going to be on top. In fact I think the war on drugs, war on terror, modern television are what the few are using to keep people distracted. People distracted by tv illegal substance etc. are far to busy to worry about things like peek oil and if the american public does not know why we are going to war, its gonna be hard to fight back against them. I am not claiming these few distractors are bad, they are just in a position where the games they play affect milllions...no billions of other people and do not carry thier responsibility well.

I am done leaving well enough alone (thanks for the line Mr. Garcia). Some rich man spouting off economic efficiency in any way to make more money is done telling me what to do and buy and most importantly THINK. IT is in my old 'mass media and socsiety' text book that media does not tell people what to think but it does determine what people think about. HOLY MOLEY some man studying how to make more money is telling me what to think about.

Time for people to fight thier own fights, mabey then this natioalistic status quo will desolve and poeple can just be poeple again.

Sorry for the rant I had to get this off my chest, but lemme know what yall think: critisism would be great at this point.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: distraction [Re: RedEyeSamurai]
    #3364177 - 11/15/04 03:36 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion