Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Spirituality and Diet
    #3363788 - 11/15/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It does not seem to be a coincidence that most "health" guru's and most "spiritual" guru's both advocate diets rich in "live" foods. Recent studies also show that straight vitamins do not carry with them the same health benefits as the whole food from which they were derived. On the contrary, many vitamins are now being shown to have adverse effects (mostly in excessive dosages, but adverse nontheless). Why is a diet leaning more towards a vegetarian basis seen as being key to not only enlightenment but to physical health? Conversly, if you look at people who indulge heavily in high fat/processed foods, they tend to be much less concerned with connecting to the cosmic mind as they do connecting with the mind of ronald mc.donald. My own personal belief is that "live" foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables contain not just vitamins, but life essence. This concept was taken to the extreme by native cultures who consumed dead warriors in order to partake of their power, skill, and heart (literally). I have noticed that when I desire animal fats, sweets, etc. I am usually in a somewhat "depressed" state, mentally, physically, or spiritually. Eating these foods will make me feel good only about as long as I am in the process of consuming them, whereas, eating fresh foods, full of color, and vital essence leave me feeling satisfied on every level. If we truly are "what" we eat, then eating more and more living things (not necessarily living animals, but living things nontheless) can be a way in which we increase our own life energy, and who doesn't want to do that?

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3363813 - 11/15/04 12:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Duh no kidding :crazy2:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3363835 - 11/15/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know if you were just being sarcastic, but with 60% of the adult population classified as "overweight or obese" and 1 in 3 children predicted to develop type 2 diabetes during their lifetime, this to me is a topic worth discussing. Many people are literally clueless about how and what to eat, even though it is really something as essential as breathing(come to think of it, many people don't really know how to "breathe" either). Additionally, I think that the "blocked" state that eating a typical "american" diet puts a person in increases their likelihood of aggression, illness, and general malaise. If I eat something that was prepared with care, attention, and love, the effects are going to be drastically different than someone who is eating foods which were not only processed violently and without any sort of care, but marketed for its almost addictive effect on your palate rather than nutritive value. I don't think that its a coincidence either that Texas, the state which bears claim to 5 of the top 10 "fattest" cities also lays claim to our current "compassionate-conservative". People who are "connected" to their bodies and spirits are able to see the hypocrisy of those who are not only disconnected from their own selves, but reality as a whole.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Edited by dmtrypr (11/15/04 12:23 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3363846 - 11/15/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

good thought man and i whole heartedly agree. especially about craving fat salt and sweetness when in a lower mind state. and once you eat them, you feel even lower, whereas with healthy foods the converse is true.

However im not yet convinced that meat is not a healthy option , although obviously not mcdonalds meat. My body needs that protein badly especially when i work out...

as far as i can tell fish, tuna especially is natures wholesomest meat. Pure protein very low fat... although now they tell me its chock full of fucking mercury. is nothing safe anymore? however, apparently green tea is very effective at counteracting the effects of mercury, thats why the japanese eat fish with green tea daily and have much lower cancer rates.

GREEN TEA! there is no more spiritual and healthy substance in the world i swear. hugely effective at counteracting cancers/preventing cancers, and a shitload of other good stuff. if you are exposed to nucluer radiation, topical and internal green tea can prevent cancer! thats fucking amazing.

drink green tea every day and your mental state will improve dramatically .

sorry i ranted about some random shit there

peace

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3363849 - 11/15/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It is common knowledge just not popular or profitable

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3363918 - 11/15/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I too believe that meat does not have to be completely restricted, just limited to quality sources. Thats why I said "leaning" towards a vegan diet. I eat farm raised eggs, chicken, and occasionally fish (I do take omega 3 & 6 fish-oils as my only supplement). Tea is great too, I think that an excellent use of science is to give credence to things that have been practically applied for thousands of years.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3363959 - 11/15/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

fish oils? ive heard a bit about those what do they do for you? i should pick some up

currently i take vitamin c, echinacea, multivitamin and garlic oils and green tea to boost the immune system and reduce chances of cancer.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #3364005 - 11/15/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You guys in the US have to try a mediterranean based diet. I'm from this places and try to follow the diet but i do eat more meat and less vegetables :grin:. Anyway, read this link and have fun, and btw, a good cup of wine is always at my table, it's good for the spirit :wink:
http://www.trincoll.edu/~jvillani/Mediterranean.htm

On a side note....
Talking about eating "dead" things ? Well, what about drinking "dead" water ?

http://www.ecosway.com/ecosway/SuperSelection/hexagon/en_US/hexagon_03.jsp

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: MAIA]
    #3364041 - 11/15/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

how do one kill water?
:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Gomp]
    #3364118 - 11/15/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so.
is enlightenment a chemical state?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: BleaK]
    #3364122 - 11/15/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hehe that should be a new thread.

speaking of chemical states...

:wink: :stoned:

time for a lil summin summin

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Gomp]
    #3364155 - 11/15/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
how do one kill water?
:confused: :thumbup:

Read a little about Structured Water
http://www.harmonikireland.com/index.php?topic=structuredwater

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3364162 - 11/15/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is there such a thing as "A" spiritual diet, as in one for all?

I would contend that the diet which gives the greatest chance of achieveing your goals is the most spiritual.

If you are high-altitude mountaineering, your best diet would consist of lots of fat sugar and salt.

If you want to be a champion bodybuilder then a high-protein diet is best. A long-distance runner? Then lots of carbs, low fat and low protein.

A cleansing diet? Lots of fruit juices.

Meditation retreat? Perhaps a macrobiotic regimen.

Last meal on earth? Whatever you want!

No diet leads directly to God. Some may lead to greater longevity, but are the oldest people on the planet the most spiritual or the most genetically gifted?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Swami]
    #3364751 - 11/15/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"If you are high-altitude mountaineering, your best diet would consist of lots of fat sugar and salt."

really? why is that?

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3364802 - 11/15/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I would say the best diet for purely spiritual endeavors would be...

nothing

:cool:

--------------------

Offlineshanti
dude
 User Gallery

#3364828 - 11/15/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've been vegan for a couple years. I've had an increase of concentration, better attitude, not easily upset, good energy throughout the day, cleaner skin and breath, and I'm taste good too. I'd be willing to help anyone with the conversion from meat/milk to other sources of energy.

"The Spritual did not come first, but the natural and after that the spiritual." I Corinthians 15:46

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #3364840 - 11/15/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 03:56 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3364855 - 11/15/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Diet is an important part of spiritual practice. How can one be healthy spiritually if the body is in not well? This decreases the will. Exercise is also an important spiritual principle.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (11/15/04 04:12 PM)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3364895 - 11/15/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Lot's of excellent info there man, thanks. I've been eating mainly raw fruit and veggies for a while now and have noted an increase in physical and mental NRG. I prefer Yerba mate over green tea though as it contains everything that green tea does(144 ingredients?) plus an additional 52 that green tea does not posess including a mild stimulant called mateine which is related to caffeine but much gentler on your adrenal gland :smile:

It's funny but a friend brought me over some beans tonight(which i seldom eat) and i was just thinking of trying them with brown rice B4 i read your post, brown rice, occasionally chicken and fish(usually sardines) are the only non raw foods i consume :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Spirituality and Diet [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3364916 - 11/15/04 04:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (11/21/04 03:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale