Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Loc: yo mama
azurescens and myco-ecology
    #3362732 - 11/15/04 04:43 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

so I've been contemplating this azurescens project for indoor cultivation.  I feel that many people are overlooking many possible elements that attribute low flushes indoors.  firstly i wonder if atmospheric pressure may have an effect on fruiting as during storms the pressure changes :confused: :thumbup: :thumbdown:.  also i think that maybe some research should be done into possible root symbiosis.  maybe the reason azures do so good outdoors is they form associations with the roots of neighboring vegetation.  Lastly some of the nutrients in soil may have an effect.  i also think that the temperature fluctuation has been noted to achieve pinning but not necessarily fruiting.  my take on this is that all types of species develop evolutionary strategies.  maybe the azures produce fruits when the continuation of colonization is threatened by climate in an attempt to propagate spores.  the changing of the temps outside is random maybe some random or progressive drops in temp would be the trick to get them to fruit.
i have a friend who is planning on starting to experiment with these ideas but he doesn't have the net so he cant talk here. so i have to ask all his questions for him.  if anyone has any ideas or suggestions or improvements please let me Know so i can tell him.  i wouldn't want him to make any disastrous mistakes.

--------------------
why are there so many more horses asses than there are horses?

if you can't duck it, fuck it.
-the makers of duck tape

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: fungophiliac]
    #3362938 - 11/15/04 08:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Loc: its more a time, not a pl...
    #3364310 - 11/15/04 04:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thats something id like to try as well
by controlling the micro climate to a fuller extent a good strategy
should be able to be developed
I am converting a stand up freezer into an envirement chamber for just such type of experiments myself.
I dont have any azure spores however so for now I am waiting on some cyans
a colaboration sure would be worthwhile

Invisibleryan
Member since 1997
Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: noxy]
    #3365536 - 11/15/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

A stand up FREEZER? make sure it doesnt get to cold. You will also need to maintian the humidity and proper air exchange. I dont thing you need to worry about atmospheric pressure

Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: ryan]
    #3365830 - 11/15/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

right a stand up freezer
took the compressor out of it and replaced it with a hepa filter fan system and recirc/fresh air mixer
installed a thermoelectric heating/cooling unit, light, and now working on puting together a water atomizing unit
it will be controlled with a basic stamp (programable microcomputer)

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: noxy]
    #3366264 - 11/15/04 10:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

^^^^^^

fucking ay! now if u can just get the thing to pick the shroomies and dry them for u.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Invisibleryan
Member since 1997
Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3368532 - 11/16/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

noxy, how are u going to cool the unit if you took the compressor out?

Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: ryan]
    #3368641 - 11/16/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

im using a thermoelectric cooler/heater mounted in the air recirculator
its a 12 volt system that controls the temp of the chamber from 40-90 deg F.
air is fed from a hole cut in the top back of the freezer through a 3 inch hose down to a stainless steel box that houses the fan, hepa filter
fresh air intake and cooler/heater the fresh air is throttled as needed
and the thermoelectric devise heats or cools the air as needed to maintain the temp set point

the shelves inside the freezer consist of tubing which run back to where the compressor was I have the option of using a temp controlled bath with a recirc pump to pump cooled/warmed water through the shelves as well but havent gone that route yet

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3370115 - 11/16/04 07:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

unless your growing your azures inside a pressurized chamber/air tight container the pressure indoors is going to be the same as the pressure outdoors.

i think flucuation is where its at, but not only temperatures casing moisture and humidity too.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
Re: azurescens and myco-ecology [Re: amyloid]
    #3372219 - 11/17/04 02:00 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

first of all props to the design engineer(noxy) a humidistat and some humidity regulation is prolly the next step. second i have read that, anno...many times. however did you notice how small the harvest was? i think that it is worth respect for just getting them to fruit however i think that azures can do better than that if given a proper environment. that looks like the first amateur homegrown cubensis flush to me. it all started somewhere. third i think that you have it correct amyloid. the pressure will be the same indoors as outdoors. the idea was to maybe fluctuate the pressure randomly to simulate storm conditions. and it is safe to assume that humidity also rises and during the colder rainy season of azures preference and that temp prolly drops. everything else has probably been tried with 2 indoor results i know of. Maybe its time for some mad scientist shit. what can it hurt? science?
anyways i think that noxy phrased it best by saying something about a micro-climate. that's why i suggested possible root symbioses. I'm just trying to account for all factors of growth in the natural environment. once accounted for we can weed out the factors that are to improbable to factor in and systematically reproduce the ones that can be. if their are any bio-chem kids out there this is a good project. analyze the chemistry of a fruiting azure in the wild from mycelium to pinning to harvest. find out what this mushrooms metabolism is. i would do just this but i don't get chemistry for another year which means like three before bio-chem. besides this should be fun. chemistry is entertaining if nothing else.

--------------------

-the makers of duck tape

Offlinefungophiliac
militantpacifist
 User Gallery
    #3377671 - 11/18/04 05:58 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

by th way does anyone know how many agar to agar transfers can be made before senescence ste into the strain?

--------------------

-the makers of duck tape

Invisibleryan
Member since 1997
    #3389884 - 11/20/04 06:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Noxy,
It would be nice to see a guide and some links on where to get those components and how to do the wiring ect... Im quite sure that azur can be grown very well indoors with the right environment, and that is will allow for strain selection and adaptation to easier inside growing. I envision multispore germination and fruting at say 54, getting the spores, new cultures, finding strain that fruits at 60, repeat 62ish, repeat, until you can develop a strain that fruits at 75

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology