Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
ok
    #3362066 - 11/15/04 12:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

some people say that even though their were no WMD's, the war on iraq was just because it got sadam, an evil man out of power. he tortured people!

but lets say sadaam housein killed 5000 of his own citizens. Does that justify the 15000 innocent civilians killed by american bombs?

the massive damage to infrastructure?

the loss of irreplacable cultural relics to looting?

turning iraq into a warzone for an indefinite amount of time?

by the time this is over, more iraqis will have died that sadaam could have killed in his lifetime even if he tried.

not to mention the iraqis will have been robbed blind of their most valuable natural resources, oil and children.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: ok [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3362163 - 11/15/04 12:30 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

no
yes
yes
n/a

but if the stories about the mass grave sites are true, that makes the kurds gassing a drop in the pan.

the chief problem with this war is that it will only increase antagonism in the middle east.

also, if it were a question of humanitarian needs, there are much more needly places than iraq e.g. congo

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: ok [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3362768 - 11/15/04 05:07 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
some people say that even though their were no WMD's, the war on iraq was just because it got sadam, an evil man out of power. he tortured people!

but lets say sadaam housein killed 5000 of his own citizens. Does that justify the 15000 innocent civilians killed by american bombs?

Be confident he killed way more than 5000, and he's directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. Which doesn't justify anything, because many of those were instigated by the West (among which the US, of course) who sold weapons to both Iraq and Iran and supported Saddam's bloody regime up until 1990. The Gulf war coalition, and mainly the US again, was responsible for the killing of thousands of Shi'ites in the South just after the war: they encouraged an uprising, implying they would not let repression happen, and then knowingly  let Saddam butcher the whole place. They knowingly reinforced his power after the war for the sake of stability. Again, like in the other Saddam thread, it's a shared responsibility. So don't just blame Saddam, the US used him as a tool, before and after the Gulf war.
Quote:

the massive damage to infrastructure?

Of course that is justified. Just an example: the reconstruction of Falluja was planned before its destruction. Generally, this is the plan: the US destroys the place, gets in trouble, invites the UN over to pacify and reconstruct (i.e. finance most of the reconstruction) using international taxpayer's money to let coalition companies rebuild the whole thing. Smart eh?
Quote:

the loss of irreplacable cultural relics to looting?

Who cares, those things can't be sold or rebuilt.
Quote:

turning iraq into a warzone for an indefinite amount of time?

That's the price you (or the others) have to pay. The Homeland system needs foreign chaos. Read 1984.
Quote:

by the time this is over, more iraqis will have died that sadaam could have killed in his lifetime even if he tried.

I told you, it was a joint venture since the very beginning. There's no point in keeping a separate death tally.
Quote:

not to mention the iraqis will have been robbed blind of their most valuable natural resources, oil and children.

Well, regarding the oil: that was the whole point. Regarding the children: unless they can be sold or used as cheap labor, who cares?

Welcome to the world!  :eek:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion