Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena
    #3361433 - 11/14/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I just read this interesting paper:
The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena

And this article:
The Influence of Psychedelics on Remote Viewing

The researchers claim that psilocybin greatly increases telepathy and/or clairvoyance. I've read several other studies indicating that LSD as well as n,n-DMT, and especially combos with harmaline, cause such experiences.

Has anyone here experienced anything like this? Ever read your friend's thoughts while the two of you were tripping? I'd be interested to hear about it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3362255 - 11/14/04 11:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: danlennon3]
    #3362264 - 11/14/04 11:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

absolutely, there is an increased connection that cannot be explained. just look at the way animals watch you when you trip, they pick up on that too...i've also noticed at concerts and festivals i can tell who else is tripping when i am too. not by looking at their eyes or how they're acting, i can just feel it, like i'm drawn to them. i've made many friends because of this, hah.

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: danlennon3]
    #3362319 - 11/14/04 11:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
yes

Please elaborate.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3362336 - 11/14/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have never been able to read thoughts, so to speak, but emotional vibes and connections are very common while tripping.

If anyone in the room, sober or not, is feeling depressed or down, I almost always immediately pick up on the emotion and it consumes my state of mind, thus creating a connection between emotions.

Offlinepsychedelic_sam
Life is shortenjoy

Loc: Hell in a bucket
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: vc77]
    #3364245 - 11/15/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My brother and I have said for a long time that trippin opens something in your brain that isn't normally open or used, you use more % of your brain or something, but I fully believe that you pick up on vibes and so forth alot easier while dosed.

--------------------

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile...;)

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3364266 - 11/15/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Paranormal Phenomena is usually somebody's imagination running wild; THC and Psilocybin effect your mind and therefore your imagination. It's all coming together now!

--------------------

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3364333 - 11/15/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've had it happen once on shrooms, I just looked at this girls face walking by and from her facial features I could pick up just what she was thinking, although I guess I can't explain it or if she really was feeling that way, but I just KNEW. Shitty explanation I know, but I totally agree that you can pick up vibes a bit better while tripping. You might not pick up the entire message, but you can get a piece of it.

Anonymous

Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: biglo]
    #3367501 - 11/16/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ive had a paranormal experience on lsd before but never mushrooms.the experience i had i dismissed on the fact that i took a drug that was hallucinogenic.but the thing that mad me wonder was i took a dosage that ive take probably 30-40 times before with minimal effect. ive never thought of researching hallucinogens and the paranormal just for the obsurd thought that hallucinogens could make you more sensitive to paranormal phenominon.

obsurd because the thoughts of other people explaining the fact that a hallucinogen is just that , a hallucinogen.ive ran acrossed some of the works of the late (rip) terrance mckenna and it made me think, maybe it issnt so obsurd.this is somthing i think folks should defenetally elaborte upon.it could easilly open huge doors in the idea of an afterlife and other phenomena

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: ]
    #3368441 - 11/16/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe there realy is substance in the whole reason these substances were used for spiritual means thousands of years ago :smile:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: Hendostan]
    #3513518 - 12/17/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yep. These substances can truly give you magical powers, if only for a short time when your under their influence. Even though those "powers" might be grand delusions, they feel absolute and like the most familiar things one has ever enountered. It is hard to explain what it is actually like. No visual element to it, you just sort of know exactly how someone else feels or is thinking or what they are going to do next.

I have had complete telepathy, one way of course. When I ingested nine dried grams of cubensis, I could read all of my friends thoughts. My animals all stared at me like I knew something. Then later on I realized that the reason I could read my friends thoughts and knew what they were going to do before they did it was because I was my friends. Then you realize that everything is figment of your imagination. Or maybe more accurately that we are all the imaginings of one mind, dreamed a dream one day long ago. :rolleyes:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: mecreateme]
    #3513641 - 12/17/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i totally see the effects of thc and psilocybin

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: deltron]
    #3513691 - 12/17/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I believe I gain and experience greater empathy (emotions/feelings) as well as mild telepathy, among other things... Maybe I'm just crazy, though.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: Hendostan]
    #3514785 - 12/17/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
absolutely, there is an increased connection that cannot be explained.  just look at the way animals watch you when you trip, they pick up on that too...i've also noticed at concerts and festivals i can tell who else is tripping when i am too.  not by looking at their eyes or how they're acting, i can just feel it, like i'm drawn to them.  i've made many friends because of this, hah.

Well said, i've experienced the exact same  thing.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3515106 - 12/17/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've had this happen to me on occasion as well. Like one time for example me and my friend were walking out of my room and we had just finished talking about something and I glanced at him and I remember hearing him say that what happened to "C" the other friend there was insane and I replied "Yea I know" and he looked at me and said he hadn't said anything but he had thought it. This freaked us out the rest of the night twas really weird.

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: My_Corona]
    #3517376 - 12/18/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have a bunch of weird "coincidental" stories from trip nights.

The first night I ever noticed all this was when I did pure dxm the very first time. My g/f showed me the dxm e-zine and it had all the paranormal events taking place on dxm ( street lights etc.) and it got me thinking that maybe I was ment to read this. then I read the sucret extraction and was amazed at how I could easily get pure dxm. We made it and fucked it up bad using the sucrets in the box and ended up with a coffee filter soaked in crusty cough drops......we ate the damn coffee filter. Wrapped both those suckers up in soft shell burritos and munched down heh. Well me and my buddy were tripping and at the time I was of christian beliefs and started to pray. The second I got done praying my computer shut completely off instantly....then turned right back on to the same screen...no loading or anything. So me and him were like woa....we gotta smoke this only bowl we have now. So we went and smoked the bowl and as we were smoking were like...."Woa our pupils are freaking huge". So I went to ask my gf online if her pupils were huge too ( she did the same thing we did). She was online when I sent her the msg but 2 seconds before I hit enter to send an away msg popped up from her but my message sent anyways. Her message said........."looking at my pupils in the bathroom".

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: vandago]
    #3517388 - 12/18/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Another night on LSD we were all sitting around and this kid was with us no one really liked. One of those show off guys do anything to look cool. And he asked us if we needed anything and my friend fork was like...ya dude go to the gas station to get us lemonade. We all laughed and then 10 minutes later realized...HE WENT TO GET THE DAMN LEMONADE. So we laughed about it ( I was having a semi bad trip at the time being overwhelmed) and the kid returned. I go dude why the hell did u go all the way to the gas station. and hes like man its a good thing a did because brian got a job while I was there. Then the lemonade he got saved my bad trip cause the second i took a sip it was incredibly awesome and I felt great.

Earlier that night we were in a car and the weird kid that got the lemonade was driving ( named jimmy ) and we were sitting there and jimmy goes man I really want 5 bucks for some taco bell. And adam goes you cant always get what you want....(you know the song)

2 minutes later adam turned on the radio and that very song was on at the spot where it goes ( BUT JIMMY YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED!!!) we flipped.

Another night me and a few friends were sitting there watching tv coming down on some shrooms. I started singin....."let me tell you bout the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees...yadeeeyadee" and someone interupted me laughing asking why I knew that song. I told him I remembered it from when I was a little kid my step dad always had it on the radio. Well right after that we are flipping through the channels and get to the music channels. And of all the songs to be on the oldies channel at that point and time....fuckin blew my mind.

Theres more I'll think of and post later.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: vandago]
    #3517518 - 12/18/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ha I just remembered another great example:

The same night me and my friends ate those doses when I was having the semi bad trip and the song and what not. Well we were all pretty much coming down from the trip and we are sitting there smoking out on my ghonj. So adam goes to hand me the bowl and right when I grab for it he moves it away.

The second he jerked it away I got a super pissed off wave of hate through me and the living room light shut it off and he was like "woa dude sorry" and handed it back. When he handed it back the light came back on. As I went to grab for it again he jerked it back and I got super pissed again and suddenly the living room light shut off once again. As he handed it to me it turned back on. He tried it again but it didn't happen and I was getting anywher eon hitting the bowl.

Mind you JUST the ceiling light turned off, the stereo and clocks and what not stayed on, and its one of those 3 light, lights with a fan. Pretty crazy.

Offlineenrique_
psychedill

Loc: in my mind
    #3524720 - 12/20/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i also experienced lots of highly enhanced empathy and even telepathy on THC. Maybe it is related to the fact that psychedelics unblock the unconsciousness..: what also means that you notice more stimuli from outside than in a non-tripping state and that stimuli which aren't sensefull non-tripping can be then full of sense and linked together with others ...
just hypothesing guys... i hope im clear :wink:

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: The Effects of THC and Psilocybin on Paranormal Phenomena [Re: enrique_]
    #3524797 - 12/20/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When my friend and I take DXM we can complete echother sentences, take it for what it's worth.

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals