Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Spiritual Salvia Use?
    #3360675 - 11/14/04 06:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hi everyone
I have a question for those who love and respect Salvia : is it possible to have a spiritual experience on it and how exactly?

Should one prepare his mind and try to have in his head important questions during the journey(control is not possible, but some sort of general intention remains even during strong salvia experince)?

Or should one just let go with the flow of the salvia trip and later try to interpret the wisdom of what he saw, however bizzare?

I have read many salvia trip reports and most of the people go to some bizzare cartoonlike land, which maybe a great mindfuck, but does not sound too spiritual to me, such an experience does not charm me much and i somehow feel this is not the only experience possible with salvia.

On my salvia journeys, i have felt strange sensations and was somehow in another world, but still i felt i am just scratching the edge of the vast salvia space and am not using the plant to its fullest potential.

I am contemplating now a salvia journey at the end of next week and i want it to be better than before and more spiritual and i would like some answers and insights. I wonder whether the key is a "right" attitude, or such a thbing is not possible with salvia and it is always random?

Maybe i don't have the right idea about salvia still and the concept of spirituality i impose on it is based on my mushroom trips, and not on the unique character of salvia itself, but i am sure there is a way salvia can be the best plant ally possible.

I also wonder whether the extract stregth is a key, with 5x i definitely had a breakthrough, maybe with 10x or 20x i will really reach some depth in the salvia experience, but somehow i still fear it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe free thinker
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Spiritual Salvia Use? [Re: gotmagog]
    #3361615 - 11/14/04 10:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Many people say it is, but I really can't understand how.

thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Spiritual Salvia Use? [Re: the free thinker]
    #3362038 - 11/14/04 11:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think that the spiritual experiance will just come over time, as do lucid dreams. Prepare for it. Having the willpower, concentration, and awareness would help alot. I guess it would just come by "going with the flow" but I can not tell you the truth.

Re: Spiritual Salvia Use? [Re: balls]
    #3362113 - 11/15/04 12:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

balls said:but I can not tell you the truth.

LIAR!  :wink:

thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Spiritual Salvia Use? [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3362121 - 11/15/04 12:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a real boy!

irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Spiritual Salvia Use? [Re: balls]
    #3363170 - 11/15/04 10:46 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Three unavoidable aspects of a salvia trip enter a spiritual domain whether it is followed as such or not:

One is that the self feels tiny and can be afraid and seeks refuge in a greater thing (deity?)

Two is that the consciousness is faced with the unfamiliar (some parts are memorable) and then seeks explanations that deal with unsee-able elements (can you find them in your dogma?)

Three is that events really do converge in synchronicity which is normally masked out of observations by attitude filtering (i.e. acting out our business purposefully in life, hand to mouth - etc.). If followed further, the synchronicity is seen as very natural since many events have common linkages and convergences, and large scale media like AIR, TREETOPS, CLOUDS, sounds, lights, etc. affect many things and being synchronously. But this is one thing that is often most convincing about CONNECTEDNESS, which is easily translatable to spiritual experiencing. (not anything wrong with that, is there?)

(below I touch on unbelievable synchronicities that are not actually synchronous but seem so due to frame stacking - the densification of reality or the retardation of fading of mind moments - which gives rise to everything from trails tracers, echoes, deja vu - etc.)

where it gets really dubious, however, is twofold:

One big error is in believing the apparent sequence of things, while salvia (entheogen) frame stacking may layer up to a full minute of sequenced input into a non-ordered bag of mind images, sorting them into occurances can have cause and effect reversed terribly.

The other big error is the spiritual bunko which many fall into i.e. the mapping of self into famous spiritual roles (and believing it) I mean it is not bad to map, and to learn from that experimental thought, but to believe that one IS actually Jesus or Buddha is not productive, except in an entirely metaphorical sense (be careful). this is very likely but easy to recover from.
Frequently I find that hte TV announcer is talking about me, and that is not too far from becoming napolean for a minute...

For me, observing nature and knowing I am part of it, and in it and of it is plenty spiritual. Always more to see. just grand.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience