Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Dear god
    #3360133 - 11/14/04 03:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm in so much pain.

Two nights ago I must have slept in a really bad position or something, because when I woke up and moved my head it absolutely killed. There's a weird pressure/pain in my neck that feels like someone's trying to force two magnets together. And I'm getting a bad migrane from it. It feels like everything in there's bruised now.
I tried putting some tiger balm crap on it and it numbs the pain for a bit... but I'm on a break at work now and I'm just dying. I have the worst migrane and I can't even eat really. Just sipping on some protein drinks and eggnog so I don't pass.

Anyone know anything I can do about this while I try to wait it out? Any advice for how I sleep, maybe without a pillow, or lots of pillows. Anything I can do about this headache either? I've got two more hours of staring at a computer screen so that's not too fun, but I shouldn't complain. Thanks in advance, hope someone can decipher my shitty english. I'm in too much pain to go over everything to make it ledgible. :smirk:

**me cant wait to go home and snuggle up with his bong**

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Dear god [Re: browndustin]
    #3360451 - 11/14/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Drink lots of water. Headaches are usually caused by dehydration. That's why people get headaches sometimes after a night of drinking.

Try not to baby it. I know it hurts but the more you baby it and fail to use the muscles that are hurt, the more it's going to hurt and the longer it will take to feel normal. If worse comes to worse, you can go see a doctor and he will probably give you pain killers or something to make it more bearable.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Dear god [Re: sykobish]
    #3361227 - 11/14/04 08:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Try taking some ibuprofen. For me, it's the only OTC pain reliever than helps with pain (mainly headaches). You don't sound like you have any access to pain killers which sucks, and I doubt the doctor will give you opiates.

What's yer job?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Dear god [Re: Society]
    #3361490 - 11/14/04 09:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If gets worse go to the hospital.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Dear god [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3362816 - 11/15/04 05:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I work at a call center which isn't all too bad. I don't think many people can really handle it, but I really fit in great and don't mind too much. We've got some halloween decorations still covering most of the lights overhead, and it's killing the glare and every agent sitting by me has noticed that it's helping to kill their headaches too. We're working on getting some better lights in there because they're just way too powerful, and everyone works atleast an 8 hour shifts (sometimes up to 12!).

Haven't drank too much actual water, just meal replacement drinks I have left over for when I get my braces tightened. I decided to slam a litre of eggnog, for reasons which are beyond me. I suppose that it was one of the dumbest ideas I could fathom at that point, but I wasn't really thinking at the time. Heh.

I just rememebered that I still have like 30 tylenol 3's left over, so I'm going to bring 2 or 3 of those to work today. As soon as I got home I got home I fell to my bed and slept for about 10 hours strait and I feel wonderful. It's about 3am now, so I'll be getting to bed once my eyes feel heavy. Today I have an 8 hour shift, then I get two much needed days off. I'm going to make it my goal to get better rest, because I'm thinking that a lot of my headaches seem to stem from lack of sleep. And this neck problem is slowly going away.

Thanks for the replies!

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Dear god [Re: browndustin]
    #3364392 - 11/15/04 04:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being