Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: What Countries do you respect? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #342431 - 06/16/01 07:02 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

respect:

early america, isolationist america, americans with the knowledge to have a strong distrust of their leaders

Germany cause they make great cars

Japan, cause we destroyed them and they came back strong as FUCK

Dislike:

Canadia cause they murder innocent whales and most of them can not read and stuff

tether

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeatnik
addict
Loc: Australia
Re: What Countries do you respect? [Re: PGF]
    #344233 - 06/19/01 06:26 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

On my good list:
- Japan, some VERY intelligent, friendly people , more so then any other people i have met.

- Germany - My girlfriends family is german, i have never met anyone other nationality that has fun like they do... just the amount of food, alcohol, music with such a wonderfully good time... in the three years watching germans party i havnt seen one bad thing about it.

- China, they mind their own business, when a war breaks out in some far away land... they keep their mouth shut and dont rush over there just for something to do.

Dislike:

- China.... want to dominate the world.
- America.... nice people and mean well.... but they want to rule the world, am so sick of the "america is the greatest country, every other country is a communist, warmongering, slum" attitude that seems so common..... its the land of hypocracy (sp?), and how they do something then try to force those changes on other countrys aswell, then break those same treatys, etc. the people are cool, but the government....

Support the FSR! or the smilie gets it! :crazy:

"Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery"

--------------------
Support the FSR

I toss, there for i am.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: What Countries do you respect? [Re: Beatnik]
    #344346 - 06/19/01 10:47 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****- America.... nice people and mean well.... ****

Tell us how you really feel...ha ha...not all of us americans want to rule the world.........just the western hemisphere..ha :)

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: What Countries do you respect? [Re: MOoKie]
    #345022 - 06/20/01 08:01 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Mookie, you gonna start that post?

I think Europe is one of the best possible things for our country. When you say it is turning all countries into one entity, that is not strictly true. Each country will remain individual, and there is no intention for form a european super-state. Countries are still free to make their own laws, and govern themselves how they see fit. There are some central bodies such as the european court of human rights, which do cover all countries in the EU, but the laws they enforce have already been previously agreed by all EU member states, and they do not make their own laws. The EU is more about enhancing links between the european countries, rather than joining them together into one entity.

Economically it makes great sense for all european countries to share a single currency (The Euro), currently we do not know if Britain is going to join the euro, although it is looking more and more likely and a refferendum is expected in 2002. A majority of our exports are to the EU, which is the same for all EU member countries, and sharing a currency will provide far greater economic stability as there will be no fluctuating exchange rates.

It's true that EU officials are not elected, they are appointed by MEP's who are directly elected, and they are accountable in that they can be fired via a vote of no confidence. This is the same way British ministers are appointed, and I see no real problem with this.

I guess you know that the treaty of Neice is now dead as Ireland voted in a refferendum to abandon it, and for the treaty to stand, all countries have to support it.

I won't go on any more if you're going to start a topic on this, but I do find it slightly ammusing to find an American euro-sceptic :)

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: What Countries do you respect? [Re: PGF]
    #345933 - 06/21/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Most people in Canada can't read?

yeah, that's an intelligent comment from the home of the unshaven and land of the free-base cocaine smoking niggers

HA ! HA ! HA !

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]