Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
CAsing Re-hydration experiment (pics)
    #3358489 - 11/14/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have only recently started casing with grains and found my yeilds only a little better than cakes. I know I need to get the timing of the cold shock right and get the Myc to come up all at the same time and stuff. But  feel the shrooms are  smaller than with PF tek.

Im not sure if you should dunk the casing but it seems as if the birdseed is always in need of water even before the first flush.

So have a look at the photos

What Ive done is put Tape around the tupperware container  exept for a litte bit at the bottom.
Then I put geo-lite balls arount 2-3 balls thick then covered the gaps with  a little pearlite so none of the crumbled substrate makes its way into the water that wells up at the bottom.

Now we have a reservoir at the bottom that I fill with a syringe of coffee water  it has been drying up the water often during incubation period and I put mabe 10 cc per day or two.

We shall see if the water gets infected so far I have just been injecting the water down the side of the casing and this would inevitably wash down organic material.
I may use a straw next time sticking out of the casing to administer water.

I have small pins on my first casing and well see how it goes and get back to you.

Well what do you think?
:smile:

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: CAsing Re-hydration experiment (pics) [Re: trev]
    #3358643 - 11/14/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i don't see how this is gonna hydrate anything.. but maybe i'm just not understanding what you're doing. if the top tuperware has a solid bottom, how is expected to get water from the bottom tupperware?

Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
    #3358654 - 11/14/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Basically looks like a fruiting chamber + casing, you should read Starter's thread on increasing the water holding properties  here  in the substrate using only Verm which might IMO is easier than your process, but good work for doing so  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinetrev
 User Gallery

Re: CAsing Re-hydration experiment (pics) [Re: aussieone]
    #3358737 - 11/14/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lesstutrey : The mycelium grows onto the geolite balls and they act like a wick to absorb the water and suck it into the myc network. This has proved itself when It was incubating with the watertight lid on, it regularly absorbed all the water.

Aussie: thanks for the linkI think I shall try that too mabe in combination with the resivoir tek. I think the hardest thing is going to be cleaning the geolite balls.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Offlinetrev
 User Gallery

#3361503 - 11/14/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well so far the growth has been rapid but the pins and shrooms are still small I shall post a pic tommorrow.
Has anyone got questions or suggestions?
Do you think its a good Idea?

--------------------

Anonymous #14

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures