Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemr crisper

japan to ban shrooms?
    #335854 - 06/06/01 02:14 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i guess this is not relevant to a lot of people here but it may have some interest.
in mondays japan times newspaper was an article claiming the govt is taking steps to outlaw `poisonous magic mushrooms` citing a case last month where 5 youths were admitted to hospital with `magic mushroom poisoning` and a case in january where a 20 year old guy froze to death in a ditch while shrooming.
on this logic why dont they ban cars which kill over 10 000 people per year or alcohol which does incalculable damage?
still, japan banned beer vending machines 2 years ago and a new beer vending machine was just installed last week near my house. making a law and enforcing it are 2 different things here.
at the mo, we can buy shrooms from headshops and street stalls near train stations, its pretty open.
i guess i will go back to growing em myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGaijinZ
possum

Loc: American midwest
Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: mr crisper]
    #336621 - 06/06/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I hope that doesn't happen. I've really liked the availability of shrooms. Of course, I didn't even know that the beer vending machines were banned. I certainly haven't seen any results of a ban. A train station in my town just put in a new vending machine recently. Wait and see, I guess. Of course, I'll be back home in about 6 weeks, so a ban wouldn't affect me directly, but it would really be a shame to see it come to pass.

GaijinZ

Hey lookee, my 400th post!

I missed the boat once when I was young and stupid, but now I am able to miss the boat repeatedly with great skill and accuracy.

--------------------
I missed the boat once when I was young and stupid, but now I am able to miss the boat repeatedly with great skill and accuracy.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: GaijinZ]
    #337433 - 06/07/01 10:11 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

a shroom vending machine, now that would be civilised.

Offlineshroomies
    #337489 - 06/07/01 11:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

What an idea, crisper!

When a couple of my Japanese friends from school told me that shrooms were legal back home I was like "woah shit!". It was awesome seeing a few of them that had never tried anything before come back from vacation telling me how great it was :o). One dude went from not smoking in the U.S. to waking up every night to hit a few bowls with me in the bathroom. lol, even though I hated the school I guess we had a few good times there.

nothing I see can be taken from me

--------------------
nothing I see can be taken from me

OfflineQuotaMan
Stranger
Loc: BayArea, CA
    #337616 - 06/08/01 05:30 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

banning shrooms is just a step behind peace in civilization.

-The 1/4 Man

--------------------
The 1/4 Man

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: QuotaMan]
    #357403 - 07/19/01 07:52 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hello! I am moving to Japan in less than two weeks (Jet Programme). I have about two years successful mushroom growing experience (all legal stuff, of course!) and would like to continue the tradition in the Far East. This is particularly important if they ban psilocybes, as is being discussed in the Diet right now... At any rate, I would love to talk to other folks in Japan who have similar interests. I will be located in southern Japan, between Ehime and Hiroshima Prefectures. Drop a line if you would like to chat. jcl3x@hotmail.com.

---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

--------------------
- Art Crumb

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: Springbok]
    #357452 - 07/19/01 09:44 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hi springbok
jetter? have fun, its a trip in itself
im living in tokyo, quite a way from your part of the country but i sometimes ride down that way
a free magazine called tokyo classified (but soon to change its name to metropolis) lists head shops in tokyo, one of them called booty does free mail order, just pay the mailmen when he delivers it to your door. they sell great hybrid shrooms from switzerland, also iboga, peyote and salvia 12x (crikey)
ganbatte ne
pm me if u want more info

OfflineMagikBus
    #357692 - 07/19/01 09:56 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hello, I live in Florida where shrooms grow a plenty.. but.. BEER VENDING MACHINES?? Egads. I have never seen something like that. I bet i wish i did back when i was 15. heh.

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
    #358453 - 07/21/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Mr Crisper! I will contact you shortly.

- Art Crumb

--------------------
- Art Crumb

OfflineGaijinZ
possum

Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: Springbok]
    #359668 - 07/23/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I just got home from the Jet Program last night. Best of luck to you. You can have a blast with it. Sounds like Osaka will be your best bet for shrooms...I know I'm going to miss that availability.

ki o tsukette,
GaijinZ

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#361633 - 07/26/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hey gz
hows the reverse culture shock?

OfflineGaijinZ
possum

#365689 - 08/02/01 03:02 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Kind of odd. Within a few days of being home my time in Japan started to seem like it was a long time ago. Only 5 days after getting back I'd found a new job and have been keeping myself so busy that I guess it I haven't really thought about it that much. Of course, when I first went to Japan all of the information given to us by the JET Programme and by CLAIR said that I *will* get homesick, and that never happened. I've always just adjusted really quickly to wherever I am. I miss Japan, but I'm not having any problems being back home. Are you still over there or did you also come home this summer?

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#365926 - 08/02/01 09:42 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

yup, still here. 4 years now, im kind of settled.
one of my friends finished jet last year and he is still jus bumming around smokin and riding bikes.
gotta admit i dunno if i can face another winter.

Offlinecoz2
... [Re: Springbok]
    #366048 - 08/03/01 01:02 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by coz2 (12/26/08 01:11 PM)

Offlinecoz2
.... [Re: coz2]
    #366050 - 08/03/01 01:07 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by coz2 (12/26/08 01:11 PM)

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: coz2]
    #366816 - 08/04/01 05:53 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yesterday I saw in a U.S. News magazine a one page article on shrooms in Japan....the Japanese authorities are giving much more attention to them now it looks like.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: japan to ban shrooms? [Re: coz2]
    #366906 - 08/04/01 08:54 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

shibuya rules
more beautiful flowers per square meter than anywhere else on this planet
may i suggest hanging around hachiko exit at dawn on any saturday morning....freaksville
also for fine reading on underground culture check out a mag called -burst-
lots of articles on growing weed and whatall in japan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order