Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineselfinfliction
The Jew
different drying teks = different potencies?
    #3357515 - 11/13/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i had a flush of gt's that were dried with desiccant, and the second flush was dried with a food dehydrater (heater removed), and the desiccant dried ones were absolutely mind blowing, the air dried ones were so so..

the only other possible variable is that the second flush dropped spores before i could pick them, i got to them a few hours after they dropped. would dropped spores cause that much of a potency loss?

both flushes from the same casing, almost the same weight on each flush, in an automated system running the same humidity, air exchanges and light cycle

anyone have an idea or some input? thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: different drying teks = different potencies? [Re: selfinfliction]
    #3357621 - 11/13/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I would guess that the trip differences had to do with other factors (like how much you had to eat before trippin) other than factors like 1st or 2nd flush or spores being dropped. These things have never effected the potency of any of my booms. But thats just my opinion I have heard of people saying a spore drop effects potentcy but I never believed it through my own experiances...

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Offlineselfinfliction
The Jew
Re: different drying teks = different potencies? [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3357650 - 11/13/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

both trips were from 3.2 grams of cracker dry mushrooms, both days i did not have any dairy products or sugar the day of the trip (i go through this ritual each time) and it was 7-8 days between each dose.(usually the wait time before i trip again.

that's why i think something is up with them.... maybe it was just a low powered flush or something, they grew fast as hell, they just weren't as strong

Edited by selfinfliction (11/13/04 09:35 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3357883 - 11/13/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Every mushroom will vary. There can be one that makes you trip balls on a casing and one right next to it that you hardly feel.

How long between the trip on the first GT dose and the one before that? A trip after a while I've often found to hit me much harder. After a good amount of time (varies person to person depending on how much they tripped as well) without shrooming you kind of forget what it was like and to feel a controlled trip and it puts you back kind of like your first trip again..usually not as hard still but definatly up.

I've found GT's to be potent but I have heard some people to not get such a good trip from them..still fine but weaker..just like just about every cubie (have not had anything other then "OMG DO I HAVE A STORY FOR YOU" from Z's yet) I've grown. I used to use a fan and desiccant and switched to a dehydrator without any problems. Me nor none of my friends have reported any issues with potency or differences..and I've heard from probably 50 friends..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineselfinfliction
The Jew
Re: different drying teks = different potencies? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3358832 - 11/14/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Every mushroom will vary. There can be one that makes you trip balls on a casing and one right next to it that you hardly feel.

How long between the trip on the first GT dose and the one before that? A trip after a while I've often found to hit me much harder. After a good amount of time (varies person to person depending on how much they tripped as well) without shrooming you kind of forget what it was like and to feel a controlled trip and it puts you back kind of like your first trip again..usually not as hard still but definatly up.

I've found GT's to be potent but I have heard some people to not get such a good trip from them..still fine but weaker..just like just about every cubie (have not had anything other then "OMG DO I HAVE A STORY FOR YOU" from Z's yet) I've grown. I used to use a fan and desiccant and switched to a dehydrator without any problems. Me nor none of my friends have reported any issues with potency or differences..and I've heard from probably 50 friends..

thanks for the info

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
    #3358859 - 11/14/04 04:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My neighbours ex-girlfrieds psychotic axe weilding etc etc, a couple of grams of dryed shrooms have knocked him on his arse. It's probably psychological but eaten wet they seem somewhat 'clearer'.. less mongy? I know there shouldn't really be much of a chemical difference. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies