Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
my experiment
    #3356519 - 11/13/04 06:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

so the reason for casing is to have a layer of (casing) over the myc to hold in moisture so i was thinking that i will birth some 1/2 pt cakes and dunk then roll them in a nice 60/40 or 50/50 mix what do you think?

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: my experiment [Re: zxsevinr]
    #3356525 - 11/13/04 06:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

dunk and roll works well and has been done many times. ull get good results, but not really an experiment

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: my experiment [Re: Yarry]
    #3356544 - 11/13/04 06:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah dude, thats basically the acepted method for cakes lol. u should dunk the cakes right in the jars and cold shock them, then drain the water and soon as they come out throw em in sum good fine verm. then set them on foil or spacers or whatever ans spray down with h202 solution until saturated int he pod.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: my experiment [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3356831 - 11/13/04 07:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i know how to dunk and roll i do it daily but this is in 60/40 or 50/50 (standard casing mix ) not verm

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
    #3357104 - 11/13/04 08:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

bump bumpbump thats da sound of da fitties when dey hittin in my trunk

--------------------

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3357463 - 11/13/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

oh, sorry i didnt see the coir part. coir sticks? but it dosnt hold much moisture.... i thinkt he roll thing is mainly used to hold water, not so much promote pin formation. but try this, and ee if u get better results.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: my experiment [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3357793 - 11/14/04 12:09 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Casings arent just to hold in moisture. It also produces a nice even pinset gives the mushrooms a place to grow into so you dont destroy substrae when picking them. Along with protecting from contams of course. A cake however is rolled to hold in moisture only. A ereal casing cant be done and if you try this you'll find that they do worse then straight verm. Straight verm is meant to hold in moisture. When you completly cover the cake it will easily consume the thin verm layer. A thick casing layer however needs coir or peat mixed in to airate it, it doesnt do any good though if its put on in such a thin layer as it would on cakes. I suppose you could roll them in it multiple times but youd need at least 5-6 rolls (1/4") and even then it would most likly perform shittier.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation