Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
A hallucinogen? Psilocybin?
    #3356276 - 11/13/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone else here feel that classifying shrooms as a "hallucinogen" is misleading? I'll admit, I'm not the most experienced tripper here, but my trips have been marked more by my mental state than by "hallucinations." Sure, if I pay attention, I see swirling patterns and kaleidoscopic shifts and brightened colors. But at no time are they really real--if I look closely, I see the same things I always do. No, for me, the trip is more internal. And unfortunately, I cannot put it into any words at all.

What do y'all think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineenrique_
psychedill

Loc: in my mind
Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3356291 - 11/13/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it is definitely hallucinogenic :grin:

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: enrique_]
    #3356304 - 11/13/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lmfao, you must be eating shitty shrooms, or not dosing high enough, 2.5 g's of my own shrooms, puts me in a world of oev's and cev's also only dose every 2 weeks or more time apart. The visuals blow me away, most of the time they are not just only swirls of colors, but vibrant neon mushrooms, and butterflies, horses, lots of stuff, but that's me though.

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Edited by thenewuser (11/13/04 03:28 PM)

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: thenewuser]
    #3356364 - 11/13/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Psilocybin is definitely hallucinoegic in the same way and, at least, to the same extent as LSD. You must have taken a very small dose.

My trips on shrooms were always much much more colourful and organic than any trip on LSD.

Try smoking only one joint of some good weed during the shroom trip. It will make a huge defference.

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: alphaone]
    #3356999 - 11/13/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm... interesting. My last trip was actually very intense. It was approximately 20-30 cubes. I could definitely see "visuals" in the sense that kaleidoscopic patterns appeared at textures I observed closely. The thing is, if I really looked closely, they would go away. My mind eventually explained to me that I wasn't "supposed to be" seeing visuals, but that these patterns were always there for me to witness--I was just paying more attention to them.

Closed eye visuals were not terribly different from hypnagogic imagery, which I wouldn't call hallucination--the whole time, I knew that they were just strange patterns being created by my mind.

Once I realized that the shrooms weren't "making me" see things, but instead that I was re-interpreting things I saw all the time, I stopped thinking of them as hallucinogenic.

Maybe I'm just weird that way *shrug*.

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3357387 - 11/13/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yea the past few trips for me have been a total waste. They must of been shitty mushrooms because it was also more of a mental trip than a visual, which pissed me off.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3357402 - 11/13/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It took me a long time, and high dose (5-7g) with pot and nature, to REALLY SEE HALLUCINATIONS, sure... I saw stuff before that while tripping, but ever since... I have no problem seeing OEV's and CEV's.

I think some of us are more resistant to hallucinating, than others.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: Rose]
    #3357421 - 11/13/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
I think some of us are more resistant to hallucinating, than others.

I don't know if it's resistance, but it's a fact some people hallucinate and some don't, and some people hallucinate a little and some quite a bit.

Drugs effect different people differently.

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3357446 - 11/13/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I know my buddies are jelous becuase I get hard visuals, I wish I could give mine to them for a while :frown:

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: thenewuser]
    #3357483 - 11/13/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i've hallucinated on mushrooms before, but i fully understand what you're trying to say, and i fully agree.

i don't think you were eating shitty mushrooms or any of that, mental trips can be just as potent as visual ones. i had a hard time hallucinating on many drugs for a long time, but the trips were still potent none the less. the visual side of mushrooms are never half as memorable to the mental side to me ..

OfflineMike_Ologist
Re: A hallucinogen? Psilocybin? [Re: zSDMF]
    #3357649 - 11/13/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
i've hallucinated on mushrooms before, but i fully understand what you're trying to say, and i fully agree.

i don't think you were eating shitty mushrooms or any of that, mental trips can be just as potent as visual ones.  i had a hard time hallucinating on many drugs for a long time, but the trips were still potent none the less.  the visual side of mushrooms are never half as memorable to the mental side to me ..

Glad someone understands and agrees :smile:.  I get the impression that I could hallucinate more, if that's where I wanted to "guide" the trip (inasmuch as I'm capable of doing such a thing). 

Instead, it feels like the shrooms are saying to me "This isn't about hallucination.  This isn't about making things look, sound, or feel better.  This is about you realizing that things just ARE.  Take that as you will."

Perhaps, as some of you have suggested, with continued use I'll also start hallucinating--but it's not something I'm actively hoping for.  Or maybe I'll just get drawn further into whatever it is that they're trying to tell me now.  Only time will tell, I guess.

Thanks for the responses!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate