Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Will this be a problem? (pics)
    #3353621 - 11/12/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just "steamed" some pint jars filled with WBS. (Use Ganja's Microwave & Steam Method)

Anyways after the steam i notice some extra moisture at the bottom of the jars, some worse than others. It basically looks like bacteria mold but its not, just some excess water which i think might become habbited by some bacteria.

My last jars i did looked even worse regarding this issue and untimatly they failed.

Im just wondering, any idea on how to get rid of this extra water or will it be an issue for me again?

I remember my last batch had this but it was MUCH worse. The previous batch before that i "think" had very little of this shit, like what i have now and all of them made it without contam.

Basically will i have issues?
Should i steam once more?
Turn over the jars so the extra moisture can seep down to the dryer millet?
:confused:

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Will this be a problem? (pics) [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #3353635 - 11/12/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sour rot man looks no good to me qbut hey what can i say the shrooms...;

im gone man

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: Will this be a problem? (pics) [Re: phantasm]
    #3353652 - 11/12/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phantasm said:
Sour rot man looks no good to me qbut hey what can i say the shrooms...;

im gone man

-mike

They were made 3 hours ago and steamed 2.5 hours ago, don't think any contam has got to it yet. Its just some moisture right now, not Sour rot.

But i do know that an excess of water can be inhabited by some bacteria, my question is with this little bit be a problem....?

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

#3354403 - 11/13/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

bump

--------------------

Offlinelippy
Stranger
    #3354443 - 11/13/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

good questions... i don't really see how the extra water would lead to contamination as you PC'd it properly. hell, maybe its beneficial, your jars have a small resivoir.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Will this be a problem? (pics) [Re: lippy]
    #3354454 - 11/13/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Shake the jars to distribute the moisture and to loosen up the kernels. You should ALWAYS shake grain jars after sterilization while they are still warm.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Will this be a problem? (pics) [Re: Anno]
    #3354513 - 11/13/04 02:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just keep the jars tipped upsidedown the extra moisture will soak throughout the wbs

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Will this be a problem? (pics) [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3354664 - 11/13/04 04:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This is pointless. He has to shake the jars anyway and this will take care of the uneven moisture distribution..

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3355261 - 11/13/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I had some half pints with popcorn incubated on a heating pad without tin foil to cover the inoculation holes.

After about a week, colonization stopped because all the moisture had evaporated out. I dunked and spawned to straw, and all worked out fine.

You might want to try keeping them warm and letting the moisture evaporate out until you can't see that extra moisture in the bottom. That's a bit dangerous though, 'cuz you might forget about them and dry them out too much.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies