Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I just was harvesting a beautiful flush of GT's from a large casing I did, everything looked fine with them, but when I was plucking a shroom, I tore up a rather large chunk of myc and on the bottom was some green mold (trych?...looked like bread mold) Other than a little of this on the bottom of the casing, the top of the myc and the casing layer looked great.
My question is: can they still be consumed? - I through the entire casing away even though it was only the first flush but I don't want to throw all the shrooms out if they can be saved...
-------------------- Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.
If the shrooms were growing out of the Myc and NOT the green mould they should be fine, My guess would be that the green mould has not colonized the fruiting Myc yet in which case it will not fruit at all.
It depends on the extension of the contamination. You'll have to break the casing and inspect it carefully. Do it outside and wear a mask for precaution. If the contamination is just on the surface of the mycelium and it's a small patch, i'd just keep the mushrooms which grew far from the contaminated spot. Otherwise, toss the whole thing.